Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lasers and Girlfriends

plexus

My girlfriend doesn't understand my laser hobby. She thinks buying these lasers and shining them around, through optics and smoke is silly. What can I do?

Change girlfriends.... or your Hobby... or accept her point of view....:beer:

Jerry

umss

Speaking from a female point of view I know how annoying you men can be :p (hehe:D)

But, as much as you guys as boyfriends have to respect the fact that we waste money on makeup, shopping every weekend, those sorts of things, us as girlfriends need to understand that you have hobbies to waste money on. And, you can tell her that I guess, if you haven't already.

Or, you can do what Jai did to me and make me realise lasers actually are fun (as long as they aren't scary high power 445 :( ) But blu ray is pretty, and make her involved in it say things women like, such as "you look beautiful with a 405 hrcules / insert laser word" XD
Compliments always work with us. :D

JLSE

Its almost like a jealousy thing.. Anything that takes the attention away from
them is bound to cause static..

My wife bought me a PS2 when they came out... She hated it in the first
week because of all the time I was spending on it.

Could have been churning butter, shed get mad at the stick lol..

Lasers take away some of the attention they feel, they deserve...
My wife has no issues with my lasers other than they are too bright and
bother her eyes..

EDIT*

Just a thought... She bought me my first 532 pen for our 1 year anniversary.

She never complained about it, so in my case its anything BUT lasers :eg:

Last edited:
I am the girlfriend with lasers. My boyfriend doesn't get it... though he did say that the 405 I got him will make him "the coolest kid presenting at the [academic] conference."

rvrh3

haha awesome! Im glad some girls appreciate the pretty lights! ;)

umss

Its almost like a jealousy thing.. Anything that takes the attention away from
them is bound to cause static..

Just a thought... She bought me my first 532 pen for our 1 year anniversary.

She never complained about it, so in my case its anything BUT lasers :eg:

I feel the need to argue against this, but it's true XD
When Jai first joined LPF I complained al the time whenever he was on here saying "give me attention instead!" "You're always on there! T_T"

But now I complain about everything except lasers, I also buy Jai the good lasers he's got xP
(see, we're not that bad :D)

JLSE

I feel the need to argue against this, but it's true XD
When Jai first joined LPF I complained al the time whenever he was on here saying "give me attention instead!" "You're always on there! T_T"

But now I complain about everything except lasers, I also buy Jai the good lasers he's got xP
(see, we're not that bad :D)

^This^ is precisely why women are so crafty at getting their mans attention.. :whistle:

We are an easily distracted bunch whom fall into a hypnotic state when fascinated
with a new toy :drool:

Some women are equally fascinated

b&w%20laser.gif

HIMNL9

As alternative, you can always find some lasers like the one Stridast made (silver host with stones), and gift her one ..... i mean, aren't girls always attracted from jewelry ? :p

(no offenses intended in any way :D)

@ Plexus
Marry her.
Maybe women would like it more if we had a chance to develop a pretty pink Laser color. Till then we have to paint our Laser host's in pink. I only wait for the Day we see a pink Arctic or Hercules. :eek:

umss

What a great idea! mmmmmmm a Purple / Pink hecules wuld be amazing. with 405nm. And a diamond.
Very girly :) We couldn't resist :p

HIMNL9

^ then you know what to ask from Jai, as birthday gift the next time ..... a "pink gold" Herc or Arctic laser, with diamonds and amethysts (for the purple touch) inserts .....

(now, where i can hide, before Jai find me and decide to kill me for the suggestion ? ..... :p :D)