Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser pointers in urban warfare

Apologies if this has already been posted, I was shown it by a friend who said it was posted on Reddit (heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend who etc lol) and immediately thought of LPF (could be hella old or fake, it's the interwebz):

57mNyPb.jpg

Last edited:

DrSid

Re: Laser pointers in1 urban warfare

What about some context ? Is it Turkey ?

IsaacT

Great. Just what we need. #igiveup

Stin

vChqyfr.jpg

igJQWcU.jpg

Here's some more: Protesters pointing lasers at a military helicopter flying above Cairo : pics

This Post^^^ is hitting mainstream Reddit right now. It will be very popular (especially over the next 24hrs).

and i found the original thread (the one i posted above was a repost)
Egyptian protestors direct laser lights on a military helicopter flying over the presidential palace in Cairo. : pics

Twitter Source: https://twitter.com/AFP/status/351458221359259648

Last edited:

Lets hope that what happens in Egypt stays in Egypt.

Stin

This is the #1 thing on Reddit right now (very popular, will have over a thousand comments), this will be all over the media tomorrow I bet.

The end is coming. Sure as it has ever been.

If there is a portable you want, better buy it soon!

Crazy. At least it has lasers aimed at it and not RPGs. If I were a pilot, I'd get that eagle pair that blocks all wavelengths and keep it handy. Notice this could lead to a ban for citizens, but the military, already vastly outgunning the citizens, will get to use lasers still. they can surely do no wrong, right? right.

Laik

Wow... The Australian government thought there were lots of people shining lasers at air traffic here, they would probably have a heart attack if they saw this... :eg:

Their protest wouldn't be so big anymore if that havoc slammed into the ground :FACEPALM:

DrSid

Yeah .. shining at evil government aircraft - fine. Shining at evil government aircraft while it flies over your head - stupid.

Absolutely stupid !! Although I cant see them getting banned, maybe more restricted, but that's not going to stop people from getting them