Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Barrels V2. GB. Second run. Kryton Groove

VW

Re: Laser Barrels V2. GB. Second run. Kryton Groov

So any word from the anodizer?

Kenom

yeah, I talked with them on thursday of last week and they said they are plugging away at them and doing about 4-5 a day. I've got a total of 63 custom anodizing orders so it will take some time for them to get done. As of last week, they had just started on them as they were doing the rush order first. It will take a little time. sadly these are things that IgorT is now finding with his lens GB that are out of your control. you can push them and bug them but the more you bug them the slower they get. We are small fish in a big ocean and don't rate that highly in the order of things. Not to worry though. I'm not anticipating the anodizing is going to take longer than another 2 weeks. (No promises) so the instant I hear, you'll hear. I'll ask cold to post a banner on the homepage!! LOL. I doubt he'd do that. anyway.... I am anxious too. Means revenue for me. Instead of trying to make ends meet with drivers sales.

your work is so appreciated!!! you deserve every last penny you make off this

:)

Kenom

TheGr8Revealing said:
your work is so appreciated!!! you deserve every last penny you make off this

:)

Hahaha would you believe not very much?  Costs keep rearing thier ugly head (like aluminum went up between the time I got the quote and the time it started production.)  Turns out EVERY SINGLE barrel is going to need to be polished next run.  but there was some imperfections in some of the barrels. (64 of them) that they just let slip through that needed to be sanded down. I won't ask for money from you all though cause that's just bad business.  You don't tell someone that the price is this.... then raise it 3 months later.  It's just wrong in my opinion.  

Now if you want to donate anything, that's not increasing costs.  but i won't even ask for that.  stupid I know.  Pride took me from one town to the next, with not enough money and ended up being homeless for 3 months. (read about it here: Link) that and a job that fell through.  But until I'm at that point again (which I'm not) I'll not ask for one penny.  It's just who I am.

rkcstr

That's crazy, man! Sorry to hear about all of that. How much extra was added to the cost? I don't mind "donating" the extra cost.

daguin

Kenom said:
 You don't tell someone that the price is this.... then raise it 3 months later.  

You don't if you're running a business and your supplier screws you. You DO if you're running a GB for hobbyists, that takes time, and a minimum number of participants, to put together. Making a few bucks for your effort is NOT the same thing as running a business.

Peace,
dave

Kenom

Bah, I AM still making a profit. just very little. Any donations are not going to be based on my stating a $$$ amount. I don't even feel right about taking donations.

let us know if you run short ken i get my allowance from my wife in two more weeks  :mad: marriage gotta love it gotta hate it  :'(

Kenom

OK now I am going to ask.  ONLY because the price tag I figured for anodizing, is not what I got charged.  Tacking on the additional cost of the hand anodizing I was told was going to run me $20 per, and it's changed to $25 per.  Cost per for all the others was supposed to be $4 for clear and $8 for black or any other color and that has changed to $5 and $10 respectively.  Not a lot in the grand scheme but I budgetted for the original price and don't have the funds to cover it.  

I'm only asking for donations.  I will not force this on anyone.  However it will delay the delivery of parts if I have to wait to raise the funds from work.  I am needing to raise in the vascinity of $400

donations can be made to paypal @ kenkassidy@hotmail.com

Just had a similar situation, my anodizer nailed me for $1.50 per part to mask the inside and one-end of a tube, an extra $600!!!
Donation sent ;)
DH

ken i sent u monies for my barrels from ndrew2505ATyahoo.com.

Kenom

I can't thank all of you enough. Your generosity absolutely amazes me.

I plan on writing a paper (at some point and time) about community and the influences it has on our development as a people. During the 1800's where large communities were not a common thing, communities got together to help those in need, even if that need was minor. Usually the more need the more outpouring. In todays society where we are millions of people all packed together, there isn't a sense of community. So when you're in need, standing on the corner with a sign, you get very little help. (it's very humbling to have to resort to that) With this community however, it's just like back in the 1800's.

VW

Thanks for the update. Yeah, will deffinately be worth the wait, those things are looking hot!

yet again, no thread updates, and I was FAR to busy to check up on it :'(

Im am extremely shocked to read about what you went through... I hit the negatives and came back around last week, lost just about everything I had in a series of happenings...

I too am a bit short on money, But knowing what you have gone through, I am going to make a "anonymous" donation. Hope it will help

regards,

amk

BTW: if you are participating in this GB, and dont want to donate, think how a dollar that doesn't mean much to you can build up on his side. So at least pitch in that dollar!!!

Kenom

amkdeath said:
BTW: if you are participating in this GB, and dont want to donate, think how a dollar that doesn't mean much to you can build up on his side. So at least pitch in that dollar!!!

It's exactly these dollars here and there that are making it so I have to accept domation.