Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Kryton Grooves coming back!

Hope I am not stepping on any toes here, if I am, let me know Moh, but I just wanted to offer our anodizing services on these. We can anodize all the parts a single color for $20. If you want something fancy like Kenom offers though, you'll have to go to him.

Last edited:

I think if there is a new revitalization of this thread we should do a complete new thread. Link Back or something lets see what the new interest is like.

$10/pc seems like a big royalty to me... but at least it's going to a good cause.

Man though, if they were only $15/pc, I would order 10+ ... that's too bad. I guess I'll stick to my 2 for now.

$10/pc seems like a big royalty to me... but at least it's going to a good cause.

Man though, if they were only $15/pc, I would order 10+ ... that's too bad. I guess I'll stick to my 2 for now.

25$ for a very good custom host is nothing. A C6 kit would cost that.. I mean this is win win win, good host + helping people + good price :beer:

Greetings,,

Mrcrouse, i know lots of people did want theirs anodized, so it would be great to have someone to do it.. I just decided not to have it done in china because everyone wants something different, and if there is a flaw on them, it's a pain to send them back to china for re anodizing...

So would it be possible to have my Kryton shipped straight to Mcrouse, who anodizes it, and then sends it over to me?

Yeah I could do that is he's okay with it.
i could just put each kryton in a separate bubble mailer with the owner's name on it and ship them all in a large flat rate box.

Sounds good to me. I do want to note though that with colors, there can be some slight variance as to what my pictures are, and how the color will turn out. It differs with alloys as well as temperature, and the amount of time it is being anodized. So please keep that in mind.

You can also choose to have your Kryton polished instead for $20.

How is the surface finish going to be on these?

Moh, here is just some stuff you can put in the OP if you wish to:

Anodizing:
Mrcrouse is offering anodizing for the Kryton Groove for $20ea for a solid color.
Color samples can be found here:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/f...ow-focus-knobs-keyed-carrying-case-80342.html
http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/now-offering-anodizing-services-prices-added-79630.html
*Colors may vary slightly from the pictures based on surface finish, and other variables.

Polishing:
Mrcrouse is also offering polishing for the Kryton Groove for $20ea.
Here is a sample of his work:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/f...sh-original-mace-doom-w-focus-knob-78645.html

For both services, your Kryton Groove will be shipped directly to Mrcrouse, and then shipped to you.

Last edited:

IsaacT

Is it looking like these will be 25 bucks + shipping? Or will it be a bit more? I dunno what the margin is. If it is just 25 bucks, I could go without food for a few days for one of these no problem! Kinda sad i sold my first one. :/

We will have to put the tailcap together right? It doesn't come preinstalled?

Thanks,
Isaac

it will be $25.

The tail caps will probably be pre-installed.

There is a problem with getting switches that can handle the required current. The DX switches have a flaw where all the current has to travel through a tiny spring (which heats up and melts the switch) destroying it.
Dave gave me the link to the "McClicky" switch which can handle the current but is over $6ea!, or $3+ea if i buy 100 of them.

The DX switches CAN be modded by adding a small wire inside the switch for the current to pass through, thus keeping the spring from heating up.

I can't buy the mcclicky switches, even at $3 without losing money. $10 from each kryton goes to Ken's debt, leaving $15 for production, switch, tail cap rubber cover thingie.

When Ken has these made, he paid $35ea for machining alone, so we're on a pretty good track right now price wise.

ugh, i'm rambling.

Short answer: I'll mod a DX switch and install and test it for functionality before shipping. If you'd like to spend the $6 on a McClicky, i'll leave it disassembled for you...
Daguin says these McClicky switches fit perfectly.

Last edited:
hey i got a question? with this host would a standard lens barrel work just fine or would you recommend a extended lens barrel if i'm using something like a G2? so these will be my first. Also can you put me down for 1 more 5.6. thanks

Ohh. I really have no idea.
Maybe Daguin can answer that. I have only built one kryton, and that was when 6x 405nm diodes had just came out.

Ok maybe he will chime in with and answer. it just seams kinda like the diode sites back a ways from the focus adapter in the video but i've never seen one in person nor have really any idea.

daguin

hey i got a question? with this host would a standard lens barrel work just fine or would you recommend a extended lens barrel if i'm using something like a G2? so these will be my first. Also can you put me down for 1 more 5.6. thanks

Ohh. I really have no idea.
Maybe Daguin can answer that. I have only built one kryton, and that was when 6x 405nm diodes had just came out.

Ok maybe he will chime in with and answer. it just seams kinda like the diode sites back a ways from the focus adapter in the video but i've never seen one in person nor have really any idea.

If we're using the focus knob designed for the Kryton, then it is not really a problem.
You just don't screw the lens all the way into the focus knob
I hold it at the right depth with a spot of silicone

If you are using the Kryton without the focus ring, then the lens nut gets pretty deep into the head
I'm sure that the extended lens nut would work

Another option (the one I use with my older Krytons (no focus knobs) is to get the "extended length" focus ring form Survival Lasers.
Survival even has them anodized in the major colors of our lasers ;)

Peace,
dave