Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Kipkay and pot-modding..

Trevor

Fun fact: KipKay has the most negative reputation of any non-banned member. If he obtains any more red bars, it will be more than LPF has ever seen. ;)

-Trevor

Difference between StyroPyro is that Styro promotes appropriate laser safety, and is mainly appealing to people who are already into lasers. Kipkay on the other hand...

Juniortore1
Recommend you delete that or the Dag will come bite you

Difference between StyroPyro is that Styro promotes appropriate laser safety, and is mainly appealing to people who are already into lasers. Kipkay on the other hand...

yeah but, youtube will not distinguish that.. that is the problem :beer:

Actually, no, he doesn't. But people don't notice it because he's a respected member of the community.

Go watch his PHR and LOC 'build a burning laser' videos. You'll see that there's no warnings in the videos themselves, and he's only recently added verbal warnings about goggles in his video descriptions.

Not to mention all the inaccuracies (such as literally pot-modding a red to 'set' the current, and not pressing a PHR diode flush when it requires to be press flush).

jakeGT

I pooped in the toilet earlier and kipkay said he could pot mod it to light matches
I tried. It didn't work :(

I pooped in the toilet earlier and kipkay said he could pot mod it to light matches
I tried. It didn't work :(

Push harder next time. And think "Blue Cheese" really hard.

Last edited:
The problem isn't that he's showing kids how to make lasers. Shit, 12 year olds nowadays are smart, and this forum is full of them. If kids want to make lasers they're going to. I think I was like 14 when I made my first powerful laser.

The real issue is that he doesn't mention safety, at all. Yeah there was a 1 second clip of his glasses. But he never mentioned what they were or where to get them or why to use them.

Anybody who is new to lasers will only think "don't point it in my eyes, I know" but that's not it. Looking at the dot is like looking at a 3W LED. Even using it in the house is dangerous. If you hit the doorknob across the room it can reflect back and tag your eyes.

So Kip is an ass for not mentioning safety, but not for showing how to mod a laser. That's a bad idea yeah, but there is worse shit on youtube. Shitty parenting is another side of it too.

I remember reading on here, there was a member who, while visiting his nephew, took his laser because he felt it was too bright for a little kid. His parents didn't think it was all that dangerous. I think it was like 120mW or something. That, to me, shows responsibility.

-Tony

If someone does get hurt by one of KipKays vids (god forbid) maybe he will get sued and that will finally get rid of his stupid videos.

If someone does get hurt by one of KipKays vids (god forbid) maybe he will get sued and that will finally get rid of his stupid videos.

Can we just kid-nap the Cat? I can think of some things to do muhahahahaa

:lasergun: :poke: :horse: :friend: :drunk: :gun:

^^^ The cat intro I actually like, it would be better if it didn't have his image there.

^^^ The cat intro I actually like, it would be better if it didn't have his image there.

I'm sorry if your related to the cat but it's corrupted into his ways.... It has to be cast down with the dragon...

Ummm, just a point to mention potentially:

Why not just report his video on YouTube, suggesting that he is promoting potentially dangerous activities? I promise that if enough people report it, YouTube will at least consider the claims brought forth by users... It's something anyway and I don't know if it was suggested yet. Better than sitting around and complaining while nothing gets done about it.