Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Kipkay and pot-modding..

LSRFAQ

Besides the safety, the real rip is the people who sell "Kipkay Diodes" at anywhere from 40-120$ that they harvested from the Chinese out of computer scrap for less then 3$.

Oh well, It has been my experience that "Bad Karma" is a Witch.

Karma in my case is a concept, not a belief. I'm Christian, so I'm very, very, careful not to rip people off, because if I do, it comes back to haunt me at least ten fold. What goes around will come back around some time, maybe not now, but in his future. It is the way the system works.

Steve

Last edited:

Grix

Open the video, press pause and then play again, then press 5 over and over. Finally kipkay admits what he is!

Nice find, Grix.

Anyhow, here's my comment on his video:
There we go again. You all do realise that pushing any electronic components above their ratings results in their deaths? That's common sense. Especially with laser diodes which extremely sensitive. You do realise that your "modded" laser pointer will die within a week or so?

Also, there are no 532nm diodes, Kipkay. There is a DPSS laser system, you might want to read up on that. You know, 808nm IR diode, ND:YAG + KTP doubler crystals which makes 532nm laser light?

Is it wrong to vent off at his video? :D

The thing with Kipkay is to remember his hacks aren't instruction videos, they're junkyards. But with a junkyard, you pick through and take the bits that are good or interesting or useful. Generally the main video is crap, but it'll have a small amount of good info. or a good idea in there.

And yeah, ashamed to admit, the idea of burning with a red laser like Kipkay was what brought me into lasers. That, and after playing with 1mW reds seeing lasers on DX and being like... "huh... what is this?"

@Eudaimonium: SFTU noob
@Eudaimonium: Schooled

Yeah, real mature those youtubers. :D Luckily, they won't get past the "disassembly of the laser" part of the video.

@JainobeZ, indeed there are some good ideas, but they are terribly formulated into his videos.

benmwv

Open the video, press pause and then play again, then press 5 over and over. Finally kipkay admits what he is!

Try this with 7, and alternate the numbers a little bit " Queer Asshole Queer Asshole Queer Asshole"

Grix

One of those is reply from Kipkay himself. I'd want a shower if that happened to me.

What did he say?
"What, only because you assembled way more lasers than me, you think you know better than me?"

His reply is in the first post, Jai was the one who commented.

we cannot report him for teaching how to make a laser above 5mW (a potential dangerous device) ?

well well he is transforming a laser pointer into a IIIB laser, but styropyro (I never seen all his videos) makes labby devices (1W labby) don't he? labby are allowed ;)

sorry but, I'm just tired of seeing a retard like kipkay putting lot of people in danger to high exposure to laser radiation and destroying lasers for.. FUN?

Last edited:
I do it all days that I log in lpf. hahah j/k. He does not deserve our attention, imo.

edit: i've done it :beer: