Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Kipkay 2W ?

I don't think anybody has mentioned his dog yet. Watch the part when Kipkay turns on his 445nm laser. His dog is not even 2 feet away from the spot. If Kipkay was that irresponsible then I highly doubt he was wearing safety glasses when making the video. Obviously laser safety is not a priority to him and he will continue to ignore everybody's advice.

No one is going to change KipKay's mind set...
He is the all knowing "expert" on Lasers... (In his mind)..
When confronted with his total lack of Laser safety
responsibility in his moronic Laser videos....he then
changes the subject by pointing elsewhere....

For the time (years) he has "lurked" on this Forum...
he has learned nothing..
That is because he is a popular Laser Guru "expert"
who does not like to be advised of his short comings..

I still think the LPF community can do without his
irresponsible Laser safety attitude until such time
as the problems are fixed....

Every time he makes a video with a laser in it...
it seems he does it on purpose to shove his lack
of caring about his audience in our faces...

I won't miss him................
Maybe that's the poll that we need....

Jerry

Last edited:
Ok...

So I think my viewpoints should be abundantly clear from previous posts. I'm in no way defending his actions or videos, and I think saying there is room for improvement is sort of like saying that the grand canyon is big.

But he has taken a small step in the right direction, and I think that has to be acknowledged.

Considering Kip makes money off of those videos taking them offline is not an option, and he can't do it. (If he can that's a different story.) He has done what he can, which is posting annotations, warnings and pauses with warnings. (I think his ideas on what constitutes a "laser" video are kind wrong, but again, already said that in a previous post.)

Now I do agree it's time for a big step. To make a good video about laser safety.

If there is a better option, instead of simply denouncing him and his past actions, I would love to know what it is.

P.S. - Erasing history... Reputation... is never a good idea. Let it stand, but be replaced by positive history and reputation given time. A good safety video would go a long way to doing that.

Last edited:
Kip if you make a laser safety video it will go a long way in gaining back respect on this forum.

I thinks the ends justify the means here.

Well seems like people are agreeing here.

So Kipkay! Would you kindly reply here with your own personal opinion on all this?

Why suddenly no replies?

Kipkay

To be honest, I really don't think anything I do will change the opinion of some on this forums as you can tell from the posts on this poll idea.

I have taken the recommendations of this forum and added warnings to all of my laser project videos and will continue to do so. I hope that others who produce videos/tutorials on this forum will follow that example and also be challenged by users here to do so.

My intent is not to have everyone like me or my videos. I learned that years ago. It's just unfortunate that I had to stop recommending LPF to thousands of people because of the abundance of negative posts. I don't believe that will change regardless of what I do.

Laser project videos are such a tiny percentage of my video content (8 out of 126) that it's not a focus of my channel and will never be. I will promise this forum that when I do another laser project video that I will include the appropriate warnings.

Trevor

It's just unfortunate that I had to stop recommending LPF to thousands of people because of the abundance of negative posts.

What do you recommend instead, out of curiosity?

-Trevor

DJNY

Laser project videos are such a tiny percentage of my video content (8 out of 126) that it's not a focus of my channel and will never be.

So you aren´t interested in investing a few hours into a "all about laser safety" vid?

8vids seen by >10.000.000people - But you still don´t care about their eyes, rigth?

Make the vid Eudaimonium recommended and I´m SURE it´s gonna change the situation with you and this forum.

jakeGT

Yes, Kipkay, just listen! If you made a laser safety video. All about lasers, and the safety/precautions you need to take while using them, would make the forums very happy. To me, it would show that you do give a crap about people's eyes, and that you will try and right your WRONGS.

In my book, if you make a SOLELY laser safety video, you would be righting your wrongs.

Show that your a good, reasonable person Kip, listen to the people! (Not the youtube people)

People never stopped complaining because you always dodged the questions at hand.

You did add annotations and safety warnings, but after what, 5 drama threads?

Listen, so far this is going in good direction. Just listen to me, damn it.
If you do what I... what we ALL ask of you know, I promise you that things will not be as negative as they are now.

You are the member with the lowest reputation in the history of LPF. Few annotations on the videos won't change that.

A new video might. Invest time and effort and show that you give a damn.

Besides, make the video in your style, interesting - whole lot of people will watch them, and as we all know you'll make a lot of money in the end, beside having your soul at peace knowing that you did what you could to saved people's eyesight.

Some discussion at LaserChat went on and people rebelled against my idea of having both sides win, that is specifically having your side win.

I see nothing but opportunity for mutual advantage.

Seriously, videos about lasers might be small in numbers, but you have a dedcated section about them and they are your most viewed ones.

Do you, or do you not, give a damn?
You can continue on ignoring my advice, and advice of everybody here, and have this hostility brewing and never ending drama, or you can swallow your pride and actually go and make a damned difference.

Of which, latter is most logical decision, but former is accompanied by emotions.

If you go against my advices, never say again that we never tried to co-operate with you and that we never tried to reach some sort of peace here. And never again wonder why people hate you.

anselm

Hey Kipkay!
I and others really appreciate the fact that you are indeed listening, and taking
steps to better promote laser safety.:)

I guess you probably couldn't care less about some 500-1000 laser freaks on this forum,
when you have such a huge youtube audience.

The fact that you DO come back here every now and then, when you are being bashed
by some of the members here, suggests otherwise though.;)

So, if you care about the red bars under your name here, I'd say, listen to Eudaimonium, and then:
snow.jpg

Do I have to spell it out?;)

I'm pretty sure if you would actually pull off a short video dedicated exclusively to laser safety,
it would rain green forum points all over you!
Because you have such a huge audience, maybe such a video of yours would stop another asshole or two
from flashing a plane, helicopter, football player, etc....

Wouldn't that be a WIN-WIN-WIN?

Last edited:
^ Ouch Your Nose Must Hurt... Drip drip drip... ^

@Kipkay, This would be Perfect....

Making a Laser safety Video. With the dangers of use, and what not to shine it at, IE Anyone, airplanes, cars, buildings, And then adding a 1-2 min "Disclaimer" To Every single one of your New Laser Videos with the same information and maybe even showing your face with Your Goggles on on

If You did that, your rep would fix it self and you could be a active part of this forum, The ONLY Reason people "Bash" You Here is due from the Lack of Laser Safety and then people see you not caring and start to pick you apart

Honestly you could enjoy the support of the forum if you did Exactly what I Said, and others have also stated, I think you really would need to add a disclaimer to your new laser videos and Almost Everyone would leave you alone for the most part....

DJNY

If You did that, your rep would fix it self and you could be a active part of this forum, The ONLY Reason people "Bash" You Here is due from the Lack of Laser Safety and then people see you not caring and start to pick you apart

That´s a main reason but not the whole story.

Without that "Reason" tho he wouldn't be anywhere close to where he is now Neg rep and Neg thread wise.

Now that my name has been brought into this... :D
YouTube - styropyro's Channel Famous LPF member's YouTube channel. No mention of laser safety in his video that has 900,000+ views. Does anyone condemn the video producer?
If you are referring to this video: YouTube - 1000mW BLUE Laser Burning Stuff! - 445nm @ 1W
This video is just a demo of a laser, I'm not explaining how to build anything here or where to buy a laser like that. In the description of that video I do mention safety.

Now on my DIY laser video tutorials, you pretty much have to read about safety somewhere if you are gonna attempt a build. If it isn't clearly mentioned in the video, any interested member is gonna have to go through my descriptions and this forum to get the stuff they need, reading safety along the way.

If you do end up doing a video on laser safety, I know it would be more exciting than what I can produce and I'd be happy to link to it in my videos.

But now that I've seen posts from members here saying I am still not safe enough, what do you suggest I change? Make a video of safety myself?