Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

jeff (flaminpyro) is back YAY!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll say that FP is one of my favorite guys who makes great stuff around here! Welcome back Pyro!!! -GH

My condolences...

In Soviet Kyrgyzstan the puppets puppet you!

Nah... not really, but this is basically the only childhood show I can think of, and the only reason it stuck is that the abreviated version of my first name, also happens to be the name of the crocodile:p

tumblr_lw5v7bO3RB1qg1nz9o3_400.jpg

Edit, post 6666 :eg:

Last edited:
no i was saying keep it away from tj it might kill him. trolling is hard to understand.

Last edited:
no i was saying keep it away from tj it might kill him. trolling is hard to understand.

No.... It was obvious that you were calling T_J a Troll
just to try and Troll him (since Troll Spray only affects
Trolls) but it was a FAIL instead...:evil:

Jerry

daguin

Sorry this one is a miss... at least for me. I never watched the muppets. Come to think of it I never really watched kids shows, with the exception of specific cartoons:tinfoil:

As for timing... that's usually the case. I just don't see too much of a trolling effort here. If you're gonna troll, at least do it right:p

There are many television shows that USE Muppets that are children's shows

However, "The Muppet Show" was not a children's show

"Family oriented" yes, but the show was written for adult consumption

Statler and Waldorf are one clear example of this difference

NO children's show, here in the US, would have members of the audience making fun of the performers in real time ;)

Peace,
dave

No.... It was obvious that you were calling T_J a Troll
just to try and Troll him (since Troll Spray only affects
Trolls) but it was a FAIL instead...:evil:

How does implying that a self proclaimed troll, is a troll, actually trolling? :confused::thinking::tinfoil:

There are many television shows that USE Muppets that are children's shows

However, "The Muppet Show" was not a children's show

"Family oriented" yes, but the show was written for adult consumption

Statler and Waldorf are one clear example of this difference

NO children's show, here in the US, would have members of the audience making fun of the performers in real time ;)

Hmm, interesting. For some reason I assumed Muppets would be something for children.... :tinfoil:

How does implying that a self proclaimed troll, is a troll, actually trolling? :confused::thinking::tinfoil:

Hmm, interesting. For some reason I assumed Muppets would be something for children.... :tinfoil:

I don't think it was meant to be trolling per say, but just a small little jab, like when you mess around with your guy friends, not so much trying to be a jerk, but just a little jab here and there that you laugh at.

I don't think it was meant to be trolling per say, but just a small little jab, like when you mess around with your guy friends, not so much trying to be a jerk, but just a little jab here and there that you laugh at.

That's what I mean... other people can confirm I feel no love for trolling or trolls, but in this case I just didn't see any "trolling" going on.

I did have a guess of what "trolling" was in a forum like setting. I was absolutely wrong. The question i think deserves an answer a bit off target and subject to the last person who attempted to troll. Dave and IE you guys make a well rounded response , i know the boundaries a little better.

Question - if a vocal member points an obvious faux pas in a thread or someones comments. And instead of serving humble pie he funnels a "big bowl of stupid " down the recipients throat for the violation.
Is this trolling?

As for Wikipedia? Fact is Wikipedia is missing 10% of our generations vocabulary. Fact, not my 2 cents. Why in the heck would i check elsewhere to define "trolling"? If anything, LPF sets the virtual standard in developing Internet Slang, others follow.
I think you may be Guilty of a failed trolling attempt, Sir.:gun:

Question - if a vocal member points an obvious faux pas in a thread or someones comments. And instead of serving humble pie he funnels a "big bowl of stupid " down the recipients throat for the violation.
Is this trolling?

Depends on the situation, and just how big a bowl of stupid is served for the faux pas.

As for Wikipedia? Fact is Wikipedia is missing 10% of our generations vocabulary. Fact, not my 2 cents. Why in the heck would i check elsewhere to define "trolling"? If anything, LPF sets the virtual standard in developing Internet Slang, others follow.

Wiki is still better than any other reference source out there... at least to get people started. It's far from a perfect source of information though, and where laser pointers are concerned chances are this forum does set the standard, but for internet slang per se, there are many larger forums out there.

I don't initiate... I do troll back :shhh::eg:

daguin

I did have a guess of what "trolling" was in a forum like setting. I was absolutely wrong. The question i think deserves an answer a bit off target and subject to the last person who attempted to troll. Dave and IE you guys make a well rounded response , i know the boundaries a little better.

Is this trolling?

There are more than one type of troll and more than one method of trolling
Trying to argue one definition over another is less than worthless.

It makes people think that they can do things that are not acceptable
and ties the hands of moderators trying to regulate the drama on a forum
Moderating a forum is NOT a science
It is an art

For example:
IE is a subtle, ego-centric troll
TJ is an in-your-face, forum-centric troll

IE normally trolls in a very obtuse manner, and mostly for his own entertainment, rather than to truly elicit a response
Luckily, most people miss his type of trolling and so it is not a problem

TJ's type of trolling gets everyone's attention and draws others in, so it attracts more drama and is a problem

Peace,
dave

Last edited:

ped

I was trolled by T_J when I became a regular on this forum, I took it personally, and rose to it.
A far more experienced member advised me "remember...their just pixels on a a screen" , never a truer word spoken.
Once I realized that, I just "stepped back" if you will, and let it lie.
Now I get on well with Mark , and found him to be a knowledgeable and decent guy.

You just simply have to learn to "let it go"....and move on, its the only way.

For example:
IE is a subtle, ego-centric troll
TJ is an in-your-face, forum-centric troll

IE normally trolls in a very obtuse manner, and mostly for his own entertainment, rather than to truly elicit a response
Luckily, most people miss his type of trolling and so it is not a problem

TJ's type of trolling gets everyone's attention and draws others in, so it attracts more drama and is a problem

Peace,
dave

Ok I'll bite. Ego-centric perhaps, I mean I do have an ego. Everyone does.

How do you reconcile obtuse and subtle though?

I troll only TWO kinds of people on here... WL plants, and TJ.

The latter only when I'm trolled to begin with, and I make it quite obvious that I'm trolling right back.

As for science versus art... much of what is considered beautiful, is easily understood. It's a lousy cop out of an excuse.

We should strive to understand the world around us in facts rather than whimsy, and to react to it consistently.

Cheers :beer:

daguin

Ok I'll bite. Ego-centric perhaps, I mean I do have an ego. Everyone does.

How do you reconcile obtuse and subtle though?

I troll only TWO kinds of people on here... WL plants, and TJ.

The latter only when I'm trolled to begin with, and I make it quite obvious that I'm trolling right back.

As for science versus art... much of what is considered beautiful, is easily understood. It's a lousy cop out of an excuse.

We should strive to understand the world around us in facts rather than whimsy, and to react to it consistently.

Cheers :beer:

See what I mean.
I am neither a WL plant nor TJ
Yet, he trolls

There is nothing to "bite" at.
I merely used you as an example to show a couple different kinds of trolls
so as to illustrate that there are different types of trolls

Having an ego and being ego-centric are not even that closely related,
but he presents them like there was some comparison to be made

There is no reason to "reconcile" obtuse and subtle.
By being obtuse, the troll is not "in-your-face"
It is subtle

Instead of researching the differences and similarities of art and science,
he goes with his incomplete understanding of the concepts and then
challenges me to prove he is wrong

Science is beautiful and art is very well understood
They are NOT mutually exclusive

Science is full of aesthetically pleasing concepts
Art is resplendent with facts

His "facts" are nothing more than his personal "whimsy" expressed in a
manner with which to draw an opposing view out of me

Then he ends by lifting a pint :beer: (see there's no confrontation here ;) )

:beer:

Peace,
dave

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.