Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Is this what to expect?

Guys

I just found this forum today. Signed up for advice, but then I saw this:

Look at these retards posing as Jedi's...

I hope they blind themselves.

scroll_ex8.jpg

scroll_ex6.jpg

Still not expensive enough for those idiots.

I see a lot of hate regarding Wicked Lasers Company here. Fair Enough, I guess they suck. But as a customer with one Laser from WL do I qualify as a "retarded idiot" that deserves to be blinded because I shopped there and may have bought a light saber attachement? I've read a lot of posts here in the last hour and it seems every WL customer is "Stupid", " Idiot", "Retarded", "Brain Dead", etc.

I never heard of WL until my local newspaper ran an review of the "Torch". I went to the Web Site, saw the Lasers, bought one and am quite happy with it. I guess that makes me stupid. I just wanted some advice on my next purchase but I don't want to be treated like a fool. :(:(:(

Doesnt make you stupid, makes you someone who paid more for a name. You can get way better products for half the price.

You would qualify as an idiot if you were to use lasers without safety glasses, point at humans/animals/aircrafts, use the "light saber" attachment to "fight" your friends, etc.... These are all things WL doesnt care about and they basically promote unsafe laser use and this is part of the reason why we hate them and WL users. That and the fact the literally scammed many people in the past and still sell iffy products. Quality just isnt there compared to what else you can buy and also the power outputs are normally a lie. If you are smart about lasers then there is no reason for us to "hate" you

If you under stand what you are buying and alright with paying 2-3x what you should then what do we care, its your money

EDIT: advice on next purchase, buy from the BST section here and avoid WL at all cost. If everything i said is too much to handle then LPF isnt for you, but if you can deal with this stuff then you are more than welcome to stay and learn. Remember everyone has their own opinions and even though you had a great experience, not everyone here is in the same boat with WL.

Last edited:
Its not the fact that they own a wicked laser, but that they often act like "idiots". Many people here actually own wicked lasers products and they are not berated or chastised, because they know how to use them responsibly.

If you need help, ask, but dont try to change peoples opinions regarding wicked or you will be treated as a "wicked lasers shill". The company has worked hard to earn its just reputation here and it is unlikely that that will change over night. :beer:

I stand by my statement, and I criticize WL for making lasers look like toys.

The fact that WL uses these "cool" photos featuring these idiots disgust me.

wicked lasers has earned every last bit of judgement. I call people idiots when they buy beats headphones. when you buy a wicked lasers laser you pay:

$90 actual laser
$600 brand name

now that may be a bit off but you should get the point. if you want to change their name then yes you will be disliked. its similar to beats actually. when you buy beats you pay:

$10 actual headphones
$180 rapper endorsement

kilter

THe problem is the saftey. If people want to buy them, they are not IDIOTS. If they point them at airplanes and use them as lightsabers, then they are. Sorry if you were offended, but it's the truth.

NKO29

I own a WL laser, and i love it! But what makes people idiots is the way they use their lasers (not just WL for that fact) and their attitude towards lasers. People who tend to think of them as toys are stupid, people who use them as toys are idiots. They need to realize that they are very dangerous if not used with caution, and that is backed up with my country's laws classifying them as WEAPONS>. Anyway Have fun with your laser(s) but ALWAYS use caution, you dont want to end up blind because of a split second silly mistake :)

Hey, i buy $400 running shoes becouse it has a logo stitched on it's side.
I buyed a $2989 + $400 shipping / customs etc... hercules laser that collects dust.

Does this make me a fool ?

Or is it my earned money....

Do what you please with your money,

Buy it, make a review of it.... ''contribute'' ''Don't just follow advertisements, hate hype''
Try to win one for free for all i care.

I would like to make a review of all my 20 overspec Wicked laser hosts with all the lenses and stuff for photographic fun... but time won't let me.

In my opinion, some are just missing out based on other's perspective, that's based on old matterial and then trying to find every bit of wrong with it today.
Well let me tell you i can point out a few on my $..... costing hercules.... and that's the $400 customs alone to start with that i could have donated to this forum that isn't in the news.

Last edited:
Doesnt make you stupid, makes you someone who paid more for a name. You can get way better products for half the price...
As I said, I just went there because of a product review, I never heard of them before the day I bought my laser. I really just did it on a whim, if the review I saw was for another company I would have bought their product.
Doesnt make you stupid, makes you someone who paid more for a name. You Remember everyone has their own opinions and even though you had a great experience, not everyone here is in the same boat with WL.
Well I wouldn't say it was great. I'm just saying I am happy with what I bought. I didn't intentionally pay for a name. I never heard of them before, just saw their ad and thought I'd try one.

Last edited:
OK _ I Admit it... I have 3 WL laser products. They have always done
what I wanted and I have no problems with him.

As we all know, lasers are finicky about temperature, battery condition etc -----
All my WL products meet or exceed ratings but sometimes in a narrow range
of conditions and north Iowa isn't always providing stable conditions.

HMike

WL never asked me to do dangerous things with his product.

Last edited:
Don't take things to hard Doc. Comments are directed at WL not at you personally ;)

Welcome to LPF :beer:

~ LB

I dunno, ryansoh3. That seems like a lot of hatred for two people you don't even know.

If you're someone who's familiar with computers, WickedLasers is basically the "Alienware" of lasers.

My Alienware Laptop -
11011222391_zps19fa81ac.jpg

Price: $1500
Part Value: $600
Extra $900: It says "Alienware" on it.

It's the same concept with Wickedlasers. The price is way up there, there's a much lower value in "parts", and then there's that extra figure of a boat load of cash going towards nothing, but their name on your product.

My Alienware is pretty nice. I can run tons of applications at a time without experiencing any lag, and everything loads instantly, and to top it off it looks pretty badass. But that doesn't change the fact that it's still only a $600 computer. Wickedlasers is the same way, their lasers are pretty good, but it's still $500 for a $150 laser in most cases.

Additionally - Welcome to LPF!

In the end, the joke is on the ppl holding the WL saber. They all have a "head" on the end, it looks like they are holding a light-saber penis.