Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I'm selling some masterpieces from my handheld collection ...

ShoopDaWoop

Hello everyone!
So, as Minamoto will confirm, I am the proud owner of Cypreus IIIb (item no. 2).
Unfortunately, perhaps due to p!ss-poor reading skills, I do not appear to have realised that even with the linos 10x optic, I cannot use this to 'laser designate' targets for night-time shooting/hunting. I can explain this at length if necessary (won't take more than copypasta from my email to Rich), but yh...

A bit awkward to read about divergence, milirads, etc. after a $350 purchase, lol, but there we are.

Since, given his circumstances, it doesn't seem right to force a refund so am re-offering it for sale. If you're in the UK, even better, as we can meet in person.

Needless to say, it's a wonderful bit of kit, but when you need it for a specific purpose and the diode is not the right fit... well, I guess it's a bit like buying condoms for a donkey.

Thanks all !

Jay or Steve? Did one of you reincarnate? (Edit: Coonie, or a mod, deleted his post which was above my response, I guess I should now too).

I just asked about the golden beast, may end up here.

Last edited:

ShoopDaWoop

Hi Alaskan..
I'll level with you mate - I may have been a little late following your edit, but I have no idea what you're referring to!
Presumably some enterprising spammer posted, you responded, the spam got removed, and now your response is left... that about the gist of it?

Anyway, the golden beast (no. 1?) is probably a good buy. Truthfully, even this is an exceptional piece of engineering.

But I am struggling to use it... in convo with another member now; will mention consolidating the chat for clarity (and google search posterity for anyone who happens upon this in future).

Stay tuned xD

Sincerely I can't understand why Connie exudes a nastiness and hatred towards those who are simply trying to help me to sell the latest pieces of my collection. Is it a crime to resurrect old posts? Many users would not have known about these old articles without an updated answer.
Please stop this futile battle. I don't have much time to stay on this Earth yet so I would like to leave reading good stuff in here. You have been my second family for 10+ years, I felt appreciated and realized, don't make me leave hating this place as well. I've hated enough in my life already, leave that untouched. Please.

ShoopDaWoop, I was referring to Coonie being nasty regarding a member posting an update about the hosts being sold here, it was completely uncalled for. I think he later realized that and removed it, or someone did. Being a new member, if that is what you are, you wouldn't have any background here to know the BS which just two or three members, banned now, have put a lot of people through. They are still here though, throwing out measured trouble in order to keep from being banned with their new member names.

ShoopDaWoop

@Alaskan,
Ahh gotcha, understood.
I am surprised through that the forum admins can't trace the IPs of these jokers...
Beyond that, the writing style of the offending members versus their 'alter egos' may give something away?
Anyway, np, looks like it's unrelated to me in that case so won't comment further on this point..

ShoopDaWoop

@Minamoto ;( shame it had to happen with the gold one, but surely you can replace it with a different diode right? Sounds like a chance to Frankenstein it, lol.

I aligned the 10x expander now just fine too by the way, on the Cypreus IIIb; the issue with it is systemic in that the diode itself is prone to divergence. Adding an optic would come at the cost of power which would compromise distance, so can't do that.

Question for you/everyone.... would changing the diode in this mean also changing the driver, re-calibrating the lenses, changing the 10x beam expander, etc. - or is it a straight swap?
TBH, I don't know why I'm asking - I doubt I'll open it for fear of screwing it up!

You know, I think I will just get a stand for it and mount it in the display cabinet. Ultimately, it will be a nice gift to myself xD

Hi Snoop.
Nope, You cannot change the diode. In a custom build like that it would be to redo everything from scratch, everything!
But I have a good new for You: if everything goes in the right direction, tomorrow I should sell a cyclopic collection of old books
for a total of about 1200 dollars.
So, if this happens, I can re-buy the laser from You.
Please consider that I had some extra costs like FedEx and Paypal fees, so I can refund to You only the cost of the laser itself.
New courier from You to me and new Paypal fees is another cost that you have to take on. Please value if the dish is worth the candle ...

What do you want for the host regardless of a bad diode? There is one seller on ebay who removes the ball diode, caps them and claims they are filled with inert gas, I already ordered a couple from her a week ago, would be a nice replacement for the bad diode. In my experience the 07E 465 nm diodes always have a short life when the can mounted lens is removed, that is why she is offering capped diodes now. I had let her know about the problem we've been having with this diode when removing the lens, and she decided to cap a few to see how well they sell.

Thats great... lady uh? nice ==we need many more.
Sounds like an exciting development-- anything that keeps our diodes alive is a blessing.

You all (well almost all) have been kind to Richard. Any nastiness was not cool.. glad I was on 'ignore'
no room for drama here-- we gots lotsa lasers to build ..dammit.
AFAIK each of Richards builds were fully explained when being built in thier own thread.. and -- his photo skillz are awsome.
They are like 'baby pics'-- and may be very helpful should we have need to 'go in' and replace.

and yes-- I was bumping.. & will again IF I WANT.

update
Well-- except on the 'gold' there appeares to be only one left..

I wont be greedy and get it..
nice and spendy LG BE Comes with.

$350

Item n.7:
Zaser Custom XL Version 445nm 9mm 4.9W With Modified Hercules Beam Expander !!!
Here I'm again, with another crazy project :p Finally I ended a project that I started at the beginning of this year. As usually, I have spent a lot of moneys. This time, not for killed diodes, but to adapt a beam expander to the Zaser head. The lenses was also a big problem: the power was so...
laserpointerforums.com

I ask 350 dollars. With modified Laserglow Beam Expander. No tripod, no cells.

Last edited:

ShoopDaWoop

Just a quick update, I spoke to another member to explain the situation and just received confirmation that they are happy for me to post parts of our chat here so that any other future dimwits in a similar position to mine can at least try not to repeat my mistake xD

To keep the box small, I've used the "quote" function, which should squash it with an optional "expand" button... let's hope this works, lol.

In a PM to another LPF member I said:
Hi mate! Yep, I saw that thread – it was actually the shots against the church that convinced me to pull the trigger… There was another UK seller with a $200 blue from trinh but I didn’t pull the trigger on that quick enough evidently… it was the lens/beam expander that actually convinced me this may work in the end.

To answer your question directly, no. In fact this is my first laser (not counting the poundshop ones I played with as a child, or the one at the end of my office laser presenter).

It looks like I’m having a bad time as well, but if mine is due to ignorance, then oh boy am I knee deep in it!

So why the laser? In short, I wanted a laser for painting targets for night-time shooting.

With a few friends, I go shooting as often as I can. Naturally, in the UK, we can’t use live/tracer rounds without completing our bodyweight in paperwork so we opt for modified actions with compressed gas.

As things stand, one us would have to turn up the day before and spotlight/floodlight a bunch of random target areas and then the rest would turn up and shoot. Alternatively, we designate areas with large-scope lights and then plink static/live targets (assuming the light doesn’t make them take off running, which is 50/50).

Now the laser, that would let one person paint/designate a target for the shooter, lighting up a very small area versus the lights, eliminating both the need for pre-set spotlights and floodlights; the laser operator can stand together with the sniper and pick up targets with NV.

From what I have seen in my attempt to use this so far, it looks like there is an added ‘dazzling’ bonus at night time, with some pests seeming to ‘freeze’ in the light – which is helpful, obviously.

The problem I had originally, was that I couldn’t work out how to focus the laser to infinity. I kind of resolved that, but then came to the second problem, which is why I don’t think this will work for me: manual correction across varying distances.

If I go from 300m to 900m, I need to refocus the lens, and that’s a manual process every time. I spoke to Minamoto and mentioned this. He linked me to another thread with a green laser he made; needless to say that was almost as expensive as my competition rifle!! Genuinely insane!

I also can’t seem to get the dot to be as small as it appears against the church (about 1km) and I certainly can’t make it autofocus.

It appears, now that I have done the proper reading, that the NUBM44 module is multimode, so I will never get a “dot” nor indeed the level of milirad divergence that would be ideal.

To be clear, I have absolutely nothing against the man at all; I’m honoured to have held this laser and throat cancer is second only to pancreatic in terms of its ruthlessness so I’m really not trying to insult or harass – also why I’m not going through Paypal for a refund fyi, and also why I offered to cover the cost of both his shipping to me and my shipping it back to him. He’s used the money to live the rest of his life in dignity and I’m not going to begrudge the man that.

I simply cocked this up good and proper due to lack of paying attention.

Final thing: is it worth posting this answer to the forums?
I’d like to
a) explain it to everyone who might get the wrong impression, and
b) leave it as a heads up for similarly illiterate shooty-shooty morons who think a laser is a good idea

What do you want for the host regardless of a bad diode? There is one seller on ebay who removes the ball diode, caps them and claims they are filled with inert gas, I already ordered a couple from her a week ago, would be a nice replacement for the bad diode. In my experience the 07E 465 nm diodes always have a short life when the can mounted lens is removed, that is why she is offering capped diodes now. I had let her know about the problem we've been having with this diode when removing the lens, and she decided to cap a few to see how well they sell.

Hey are these from LaserTree or whatever it was, the company that was selling the FAC'd diodes? I'm curious how those backfilled/capped diodes hold up, I think I want to replace an N465 with a new capped '07

Mine are on the way to me, have not received them yet, but they reported testing them for over 700 hours without a failure before the test was ended, so I am betting they last thousands of hours, long enough for me, the one I had in a pointer before might have had two hours total on it and died.

ShoopDaWoop, I was referring to Coonie being nasty regarding a member posting an update about the hosts being sold here, it was completely uncalled for. I think he later realized that and removed it, or someone did. Being a new member, if that is what you are, you wouldn't have any background here to know the BS which just two or three members, banned now, have put a lot of people through. They are still here though, throwing out measured trouble in order to keep from being banned with their new member names.
-In all fairness-- i suspect that the unfriendly post was done without the Poster knowing everything== I am sure he meant well.

BUT the post was not a necro by our definitions.. it was valid --and needed for potential buyer knowing what they were getting and a thread with all anyone would need to know about the build with excelllent pics- and-- afaik there is no rule on Necros--they are ,sometimes bad form.

Without out a reason, they are frowned upon but afaik not in violation of any LPF rules. At least I could not find a rule.

Last -- that 'blue box' below most places here is a random list of threads and a few ads-- and these are chosen w/o any regard as to how old or how relevent-- members see the titles click -go to the last post and add w/o checking to see if this is ,indeed an needed post or a necro.. WE need to see the date of OP not just the last post which may be a necro-- I read the OP and at LEAST the last few new posts-- if we do not do that we are likely to see many more necro posts.
I asked for these old threads NOT be listed-- but that must be not doable.. I am pretty sure most recent necros were posted without any regard to the dates.. not intentional -- so there I NO NEED to call anyone out. IF you really want to be helpful and a good member you will PM anyone you think may have necroed BY ACCIDENT..