Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I bet your Blue HotLights don't Look Like THis.;)

Hi All,

Over the Past Few Days I've Been trying to Make the Blue HotLight Host that Morgenburg Sell Different from all the Others Out there.:cool:

I think I have made it Different.:D

Pictures:

DSC05671.jpg

DSC05687.jpg

DSC05677.jpg

DSC05693.jpg

DSC05678.jpg

DSC05680.jpg

DSC05697.jpg

DSC05713.jpg

DSC05711.jpg

DSC05702.jpg

DSC05698.jpg

DSC05718.jpg

DSC05720.jpg

DSC05725.jpg

I know there are a few Hotlights that Mohrenbergdid take the Anodizing off but he did it on the Lathe and it took away alot of the Grip. But Still Looked Awesome.:gj:

This was done By using a chemical bath to remove the Anodizing so it will keep the original look of the host and and not leave any anodizing left on the body. Even the Insides Has no Anodizing.:beer:

NOTE: The Method i used is not the common method you see. I do not use chemicals that are available to the average person. It is special chemicals specifically for De anodizing aluminum. I do not recommend you use those other methods. For Example, Drain cleaner, Oven cleaner. That stuff is deadly and extremely toxic. You can get seriously Hurt even if you know what your doing. Please Read CL post down below for more details about the deadly effects of using drain cleaner and over cleaner in post # 15. I REPEAT I USE SPECIAL CHEMICAL THAT ARE SPECIFICALLY MADE FOR DE ANODIZING NOT THOSE OTHER DEADLY CHEMICALS. PLEASE RESPECT MY WISHES AND DONT ASK HOW I DO IT.

After this i Polished the crap out of it using a Dremel.:whistle: All i had. Took forever but man did it do a Good Job. :bowdown:

One thing i found is, out of all three hotlights i have they all have Scuff/ Imperfections on the Grip area. So When trying to buff it out you cant do to much as it will deform the Grip. Lucky there not that bad. They Are pretty much invisible after you buff and polish them out.;)

Waiting for tonight to put it together and take some beam shots.;) I got to take a Break.:p

Stay Tuned.:)

Hope you like it. It took me a total of ~15 Hours to do everything. Polish in all.:tired:

Iam Pretty Proud of it.:drool:

UPDATE:
IF YOUR INTERESTED IN SENDING ME YOUR HOTLIGHT TO DO. PLEASE READ POST #46 BY CLICKING HERE>>> Click Here to Read Post.

:thanks:For looking.!!!

Last edited:

very nice work.
looks like chrome on a brand new car (which is usually polished aluminium^^)

do you want to share your methode?

(btw +1 Rep)

DTR

Well you got me beat. Mine did not have the texture still on it.:beer:

And yours is shinier. Great job.:gj:

p1010666d.jpg

Last edited:

shhh

Did you use the Drano method to remove the ano?

DTR

Yes it is. Looks great. I don't even have that unit anymore anyway.:eek:

rhd

Oh major bummer, I've got a hotlight de-anodizing half-done too!

I'll have to spin the build in a different direction now.

anselm

Please tell me what bath you used, and can can you come over and polish some stuff
here at my place.?
Where you trying to make a genie come out of there?

Please tell me what bath you used, and can can you come over and polish some stuff
here at my place.?
Where you trying to make a genie come out of there?

I told you to go To Match.com and leave us alone man....

It's a Trap.. *cough

Edit::crackup:

Last edited:
Thanks Everyone for the Kind words. I new you all will like it. :D

This is a very long Process for Polishing it the way i did. The Host are not Perfect and trying to buff out the Dings from the Grip Area without distorting them is very difficult. But i can get it to the point where its only noticeable if you are looking for it.:cool:

I Might have a couple of them for sale by the end of next week.
______
@RHD Please do not feel that you have to go a different direction because i post this one first. This is not a race and Who cares who posted what First. It should not be who came up with the idea but who helps those do the same.;)

This is like saying someone bought a Hotlight so iam not going to buy one now. Makes no sense buddy. Please continue with it and i cant wait to see it.:wave:

Last edited:
Definitely interested in knowing the bath method :D I almost forgot, I find this polish very sexy! Also, I bought a new dremel weeks ago. What kind of disc did you use to finish the polish? Pics would be very handy :D It wont let me rep you again, sorry :p

EDIT: sry i didnt see you posted before I did :/

Last edited:
!!KIDS DON'T USE THIS. WITHOUT ADULT SUPERVISION!!

ANODIZE REMOVER has "Sodium Hydroxide" AKA Drain Cleaner.

Solid sodium hydroxide or solutions of sodium hydroxide may cause chemical burns, permanent injury or scarring if it contacts unprotected human, or other animal, tissue. It may cause blindness if it contacts with the eye. Protective equipment such as rubber gloves, safety clothing and eye protection should always be used when handling the material or its solutions.

Dissolution of sodium hydroxide is highly exothermic, and the resulting heat may cause heat burns or ignite flammables. It also produces heat when reacted with acids. Sodium hydroxide is corrosive to some metals, e.g. aluminum, which produces flammable hydrogen gas on contact. Sodium hydroxide is also mildly corrosive to glass, which can cause damage to glazing or freezing of ground glass joint

This is Why I didn't post a different way to remove anodizing on rhd's Thread

Graphic Picture at this link.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/09/Sodium_hydroxide_burn.png

Last edited:
!!KIDS DON'T USE THIS. WITHOUT ADULT SUPERVISION!!

ANODIZE REMOVER has "Sodium Hydroxide" AKA Drain Cleaner.

Solid sodium hydroxide or solutions of sodium hydroxide may cause chemical burns, permanent injury or scarring if it contacts unprotected human, or other animal, tissue. It may cause blindness if it contacts with the eye. Protective equipment such as rubber gloves, safety clothing and eye protection should always be used when handling the material or its solutions.

Dissolution of sodium hydroxide is highly exothermic, and the resulting heat may cause heat burns or ignite flammables. It also produces heat when reacted with acids. Sodium hydroxide is corrosive to some metals, e.g. aluminum, which produces flammable hydrogen gas on contact. Sodium hydroxide is also mildly corrosive to glass, which can cause damage to glazing or freezing of ground glass joint

This is Why I didn't post a different way to remove anodizing on rhd's Thread
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/09/Sodium_hydroxide_burn.png

I Love how hes got 1 band-aid....

Last edited: