Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hyperion LPM + Vritonuzz Data Logger Platform

Yeah i could confirm that i planned to give the enclosure for free.
But unfortunately, until now i can't get my hand on some nice working 3D printer.
Nothing i can do without working 3D printer. And i'm unable to pay some cost to manufacture it somewhere else.

But remember that while the enclosure are free, the shipping cost are not free, and i never mentioned a free shipping cost.
it costs $6-$25 depending on what shipping service and location.

Thus, the promise are still apply to the extent of providing free ready-to-print 3D design to everyone.

Yeah i could confirm that i planned to give the enclosure for free.
But unfortunately, until now i can't get my hand on some nice working 3D printer.
Nothing i can do without working 3D printer. And i'm unable to pay some cost to manufacture it somewhere else.

But remember that while the enclosure are free, the shipping cost are not free, and i never mentioned a free shipping cost.
it costs $6-$25 depending on what shipping service and location.

Thus, the promise are still apply to the extent of providing free ready-to-print 3D design to everyone.
From personal experience... one should never
promise something they can't deliver.
It ultimately goes to credibility...

I can promise to supply anything for Free....
But if I don't deliver the "anything" I'll be
labeled "full of it" with reason.

Either way.. I don't need an enclosure.
Can build my own quite easily on our 3D
Printer or CNC Router.

You now say that you will supply a Free
ready-to-print 3D design to everyone
Where can your customers download the
free .STL files :thinking:

Jerry

Last edited:
Last edited:
IMO
his plate is full.
BTW he posted that 3D link before.... for free..so let us know how yours turned out..afaik the thickness needs tweeking some.
The $10 ones I will offer will be an 'improved' version. pics coming asap.

Bacon

Would like to see your tweaked version. The one I had printed was just from the files.
Some parts are very thin. I just snipped off some parts, used some electric tape, and called it done.

(I did not print this)
hyp-case.jpg

+rep for that^^^
another said same thing--a change to thicker is/was needed.. ALSO looks like we need to add something to make working push buttons as well..

If someone is serious about designing a 3D enclosure
perhaps a more professional looking design might be
the way to go.

Jerry

Reactions: GSS

Encap

If someone is serious about designing a 3D enclosure
perhaps a more professional looking design might be
the way to go.

Jerry

Exactly--a zip lock bag is just as good as that one for most all intents and purposes.

Why bother with designing and producing one for the 5 to maybe 10 that might be sold @ $10 + shipping.
Is waste of time and effort for something unnecessary, of poor quality, and of no real value.

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS
Without having to read through pages of posts, what's the deal with the thermopile now? It's not supplied? I see Barnett selling one of these with it.

I went to the first post in this thread which stated this is not a for sale thread, so followed his link to this page, it says no sensor:

OK, I thought he meant no sensor, he meant no warranty. Then that thought was reinforced when I started reading how other sensors could be used with it in other posts.

Last edited:

Bacon

I would say it serves its purpose.. I can stand it upright, place it on things without worrying about shorting things, and still plug a USB into it. It was still all around cheaper than the alternatives too; which is great because this is just a hobby for me.

A case for my Hyperion would be nice, but it certainly not necessary. I have managed to use it several times with either a 9 volt battery or the USB connector to the software. As long as you don't operate it on a flat metal surface, the few solder points on the back of the board should never short out on anything.

Last edited:
Couldn't a person just add a protective coating or self-adhesive plastic to the back so the few solder points on the back of the board could never short out on anything?

Sure, if you are worried about that. I always am aware of its surroundings so it doesn't seem necessary to me. I think ESD would be a greater worry if you want to worry about something.