Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hyperion LPM + Vritonuzz Data Logger Platform

BTW, Pradipta, I found that what I at first assumed was a chip cap on the generic driver, is in fact a chip jumper or something like it as it has 0 resistance and there are several on the board. I haven't had the time to see if its being unsoldered on one side damaged the board or not yet.

Did you mean 0 Ohms or actual zero resistance (open circuit) :undecided:

Jerry

Since resistance is greater as the impedance increases, 0 resistance is 0 ohms. That has always been my understanding.

the small white chip is a 0.1 ohm resistor, it used for current sensing
if it really unsoldered, then most likely that the IC went "output overvoltage"

could you confirm the SOT23-6 chip serial? is it started with "AL" or started with "B628" ??
the B628 one is without output overvoltage safety mechanism

I can do that tomorrow. It's too late here to drag it out and look right now. :thanks:

Since resistance is greater as the impedance increases, 0 resistance is 0 ohms. That has always been my understanding.
Now that I think about it... an Open Circuit would be
very high infinite resistance... not 0 resistance...;)

Jerry

@astralist

The chip next to the inductor has this number: B6287d. The small white resistor is the sense resistor, so I'm sure the driver is toast. Too bad, the other one like it was a good driver. I was only able to see one side of the resistor unsoldered under magnification, so I wouldn't have noticed it before testing it. :cryyy:

So sorry paul, it's part of my fault for not testing the sample driver i sent to ppl here..
I'm actually quite confident by not testing the driver, because when i random tested, they all works.

The Generic boost driver was hand soldered by myself, and not using assembly machine, sometimes it happens

But i got news for you all, the Generic boost driver are now improved!
Right now I produced 200 units using assembly machine
The size is also changed from 10mm*18mm to 9mm*12mm due to many request from ppl here :D
And it will be a direct replacement of (and sold as) PicoDrive which i never openly sells :beer:

So sorry paul, it's part of my fault for not testing the sample driver i sent to ppl here..
I'm actually quite confident by not testing the driver, because when i random tested, they all works.

The Generic boost driver was hand soldered by myself, and not using assembly machine, sometimes it happens

But i got news for you all, the Generic boost driver are now improved!
Right now I produced 200 units using assembly machine
The size is also changed from 10mm*18mm to 9mm*12mm due to many request from ppl here :D
And it will be a direct replacement of (and sold as) PicoDrive which i never openly sells :beer:

That is great news, astralist. But, what about the old Pico Driver? Are they discontinued? It wasn't a bad driver. I am planning a build with one. I'm very happy that the new generic driver is smaller as it was too long to fit inside a 12 mm module. :thanks:

Thank you for such precious info!!
I'm able to reproduce the issue here.

I did'nt know that changing the DPI would affect the graph drawing.
As i never uses a DPI scaling, i never encountered the problem. :beer:

Got it paul :beer:
I'm always glad to help and if it leads to improving a product even more so! :gh:

:)Any update on the 3-D enclosures?? I have a few willing to make IF Astrailist is not moving fwd with his....
I have several wanting dependent on cost and need rough (feeler) how many would want one--price is dependent on how many wanted.
First 'round' needs to be just CONUS.

PM --leave post here or go to the feeler here:

https://laserpointerforums.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=70

as said--price is not yet figured..

how much would you pay??

One sample is coming to me soon..sub this thread..to see pics etc:thanks:

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS

Bacon

Any update on the 3-D enclosures?? I have a few willing to make IF Astrailist is not moving fwd with his....
I have several wanting dependent on cost and need rough (feeler) how many would want one--price is dependent on how many wanted.

That would be cool. I would be interested in one if price is reasonable. :)

Last edited:
IIRC, The Radiant LPM had the case option for an additional $10.00. It would need to be +/- $5.00 of this price to get me interested.

I'm ok if someone decided to sell an enclosure either using my design or theirs.
I'll upload the design on first post, keep forgetting about that. For when in case someone decided to print themselves.
That feeler is actully the answer for the ones without time or 3D printer. :beer:

AND btw, the chronicle of getting a new sensor for Hyperion LPM:
I tried to contact so many TEC manufacturer, apparently the default Hyperion sensor (6x6) is hard to come by right now.

And there are several subtitutes, but the price is INSANELY HIGH!!
For example: Some manufacturer offers me their blackbody-coated TEC. The price? its for $260-$280 per piece of small TEC!!!!

Not sure how it went for these Hyperion LPM in the future.
I can always use a bigger and slower sensor though,
In addition, i already designed a Transient Eliminator™ circuit and code to cope with those slower sensor.

:)Any update on the 3-D enclosures?? I have a few willing to make IF Astrailist is not moving fwd with his....

https://laserpointerforums.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=70

as said--price is not yet figured..
how much would you pay??
One sample is coming to me soon..sub this thread..to see pics etc:thanks:
IDK Hak...
The Enclosures were to be supplied Free
to any of Astralist's customers by Astralist... :undecided:
https://laserpointerforums.com/f39/...le-2w-6w-20w-version-98208-8.html#post1474950

But if Astralist can't supply what he promised...
I guess paying an additional $5-$10 will have
to be acceptable for those original customers
that wanted the Free Enclosure.

Jerry

Last edited:
Yeah i could confirm that i planned to give the enclosure for free.
But unfortunately, until now i can't get my hand on some nice working 3D printer.
Nothing i can do without working 3D printer. And i'm unable to pay some cost to manufacture it somewhere else.

But remember that while the enclosure are free, the shipping cost are not free, and i never mentioned a free shipping cost.
it costs $6-$25 depending on what shipping service and location.

Thus, the promise are still apply to the extent of providing free ready-to-print 3D design to everyone.