Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hyperion LPM + Vritonuzz Data Logger Platform

Thread updated!

Added new version of Vritonuzz with:
  • Reworked graph engine
  • New graph color
  • Performance improvement when plotting more than 1 hours of data

>Download Vritonuzz v.1.2.0.160<

I did not realize that the buyer of Hyperion LPM is not only a laser hobbyist but also DIY and commercial laser seller
so i decided to add white version of graph (not an inverted color) but of course it can also be inverted and it's printer friendly! :D

Just double click at any area of the graph to toggle the color

There are total of four graph color for now:

Black:
580nm_B.png

Black (Inverted):
580nm_BI.png

White:
580nm_W.png

White (Inverted):
580nm_WI.png

Last edited:

Looks very nice, astralist. I'm sure you will have many more customers in the near future. :beer:

Hey Astralist, thanks for this free software, it looks gnarly and really fits the criteria I was looking for as a new hobbyist trying to wet-my-feet.

Unfortunately however I tried to download the software Vitronuzz from both the original post of the thread & from your more recent post on the " Vritonuzz v.1.2.0.160".

Both attempts resulted in my virus scanning software stating that the trojan virus "Win32/heur" was within the .exe.

The only option available was quarantining the entire exe file.

So that doesn't leave much to work with.

My operating system is windows XP, and the virus scanner is "AVG anti-virus free addition 2012"...both a little dated but, what can I say, if it isn't broke, don't fix it?

Any assistance with downloading would be appreciated, and who knows, maybe others are running into the same problem but are simply un-motivated to post about it?

In either case, thanks again for supplying this software,:thanks:

My sincerest best wishes to you and yours.

Hi,

Yeah it is normal, a strict or bad antivirus will detect the file as "heuristic virus"
This is a false positive, as long as you download the file from the link in this thread, you'll be fine.

This program is also equipped with its self virus detection algorithm
which will inform you when the file has been infected/tampered with.

you can add it to exclusion list :beer:

Windows XP is no longer supported. I had the same trouble with my older antivirus software trying to keep me from downloading the data logging for the Radiant LPM. I switched companies.....problem solved.

My operating system is windows XP, and the virus scanner is "AVG anti-virus free addition 2012"...both a little dated but, what can I say, if it isn't broke, don't fix it?

Yeah... That's the way I see it as well....:beer:

Windows XP is no longer supported. I had the same trouble with my older antivirus software trying to keep me from downloading the data logging for the Radiant LPM. I switched companies.....problem solved.
I had the same problem downloading the datalogging
software for the Radiant X4 until they repackaged and
re uploaded the offered software. I was first told that
it was a false positive but after they repackaged it all
was good with the same anti-virus running on the same
computer.

Jerry

Thanks for the replies, Astralist, Paul & Laserbee.

I added the software to the AVG anti-virus exception/exclusion list and everything seems to be operating nominally without any signs of heuristic virus infection.

Just out of curiosity, is there a reason for the false positive? Is the LPM datalogging feature our culprit, responsible for trip-switching the already high tension hair-trigger of the anti-virus code algorithm trip-wire?

Laserbee does raise a potential solution of re-packaging it? Albeit that might be labor intensive and you've already supplied us with this helpful tool for free. So I'd understand if you say "pass" to that.

To sign-off, I truly appreciate the helpful & welcoming replies. The forum seems populated with some truly righteous like-minds, and I look forward to building a laser in the next few months and seeing you all again someday.

Last edited:
Were you able to run the program completely?

The heuristic usually triggered by custom read/write API, which is needed to open/save files with non-alphabet character (char from chinese/japan/arabic/russia etc)
Also the DOS and PE header (too long to explain in here) has been modified to prevent virus infection (you know, those problematic exe-injector virus like sality and virut),
All these feature contributes the false alarm

Were you able to run the program completely?

The heuristic usually triggered by custom read/write API, which is needed to open/save files with non-alphabet character (char from chinese/japan/arabic/russia etc)
Also the DOS and PE header (too long to explain in here) has been modified to prevent virus infection (you know, those problematic exe-injector virus like sality and virut),
All these feature contributes the false alarm

Why not remove your added anti-virus header and let
the customer install his own Anti-Virus of his choice. :thinking:

Jerry

I am running windows 7 64 bit and I can't get the "VRITONUZZ" software to work on my computer, When I connect it with a usb cable it says "USB CONNECTED" but this is all the VRITONUZZ will do...

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 38
Are you certain the USB cable you are using is able to transmit data? I had this same problem and it turned out the cable I ordered was only for charging phones. The listing for it didn't mention that. It was a meter long too.

I am running windows 7 64 bit and I can't get the "VRITONUZZ" software to work on my computer, When I connect it with a usb cable it says "USB CONNECTED" but this is all the VRITONUZZ will do...

How did you managed to get the vritonuzz to show up like that??
That layout is not the way vritonuzz should be.
The lcd display and all control elements are covered by graph.

Btw, i believe you said in your PM that it does work on your desktop computer:

"The data logger will not work on my MSI U230 light/Windows 7 64 bit
The data logger will not work on my 2006 MacBook Pro Core2 Duo/Windows 7 64 bit
The data logger does work on my on my desktop ASUS P5K3 Deluxe/Windows 7 64 bit"

I figured out what was wrong, It was the display DPI settings which I had set to 150%, Changed it back to 100% and it now works on all computers that I own!

Last edited:
Hey, astralist, did you get the money I sent you? Just want to make sure you got it.

I figured out what was wrong, It was the display DPI settings which I had set to 150%, Changed it back to 100% and it now works on all computers that I own!

Thank you for such precious info!!
I'm able to reproduce the issue here.

I did'nt know that changing the DPI would affect the graph drawing.
As i never uses a DPI scaling, i never encountered the problem. :beer:

Hey, astralist, did you get the money I sent you? Just want to make sure you got it.

Got it paul :beer:

BTW, Pradipta, I found that what I at first assumed was a chip cap on the generic driver, is in fact a chip jumper or something like it as it has 0 resistance and there are several on the board. I haven't had the time to see if its being unsoldered on one side damaged the board or not yet.