Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How Will you Name your Laser?

So, it's apparent enough that we, like sailors, tend to name our builds, just like people name their boats. We've seen the "Dominator", "BigBoy", even my personal, "The Bastard".

So, as my SO walked across the room, she made a "Multi-Pass" joke, and I immediately thought, "LeeLoo would make an awesome laser name!" for a nice orange or even 594nm build.

So, then I got to thinking about laser names...

I am reserving this one... "The Harry Stamper" It will drill whatever the hell you want, and it doesn't know the meaning of the word, "Quit". lol!

So, let's hear you ideas for laser build names, and what inspired you...

kilter

Cool idea! +1 for you! I havent named my lasers yet :(
edit: got to spread it around

Last edited:

DJNY

Lazeerer and rhd came up with quite a few creative names for their builts!

I may have to name my new MS-SSW, "Not Compensating" just to avoid confusion! :crackup:

Blord

Usually the laser resemble something or someone. So it is easy to name it to that object. It must have a connection. The names don't come completely random.
I use the name "PanzerFaust" for my copper Dominator because the head looks much like the German granate. :D

There have been a lot of creative names for lasers in the past.

panzerfaust_versions.jpg

I love your choice, Blord!

Yes, there have been some great names out there. I am interested in knowing what people have in mind, as well as what it was that went into the naming process.

DrSid

So far I'm fine with 'the smaller one' and 'the big one' and 'the red one' and so on .. my 400mW green is in need for name though. It's so royally think, and the beam, man .. that's something .. will look for some inspiration here :umbrella:

IsaacT

I have a habit of using names inspired by the Greek pantheon.

Higher Power builds get Gods, while lower powers get demigods.

My 2.5W+ 445 was named "Poseidon's Wrath". My 1W 635 build will have a name involving Ares, as I feel the god of war is fitting for such a fiery build.

-Isaac

norbyx

Latin and Greek names sound very professional and fancy at the same time. For example Alpha laser, Omega, gamma, or nautilus, Zeus, or imperator.... Those would be nice names

norbyx

Spada verde.... sounds like my native language....:knight:

So, as my SO walked across the room, she made a "Multi-Pass" joke, and I immediately thought, "LeeLoo would make an awesome laser name!" for a nice orange or even 594nm build.
Leeloo_02.jpg

Leeloo Dallas Multipass approves this thread.

Last edited:
Lazerbeak, you gave me such a laugh! If the system would have allowed it, you'd have had more rep. Too good!