Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How does your girlfriend/wife think about your laser hobby?

How does your girlfriend/wife think about your laser hobby?

• My baby is also fascinated by them

Votes: 18 39.1%
  • She don't give a f*** about

Votes: 17 37.0%
  • My GF/wife hates my lasers

Votes: 11 23.9%

• Total voters

DJNY

I have no wife, mistress, or girlfriend. Nothing to nag me or suck any money away from HV or lasers. This poll needed a "single" option.

Oh you are right! I´ve forgot about it.

My GF liked to play with the star pointer for a good while, but I didn´t really like them :p

I have no wife, mistress, or girlfriend. Nothing to nag me or suck any money away from HV or lasers.

But no one to suck anything else either..:undecided:

My GFs attitude is, if it makes me happy, then she is happy. As it should be.

Try a RGB scanner in the bed room and see what you get :whistle:

Mine throws the lasers up in my face from time to time, but when we go outside and "play" she's all like ooh, ahh and "that's f***ing cool......

When I make liquid skies in our bedroom, she's cool with it too.

But if I tell her we are broke on Tuesday, and fed ex shows up with a laser on Wednesday, Well then she's not so cool with it.

Then I get her a new CSI box set, and she is fine for a few days...........

Rob

LOL, I agree. :D

As to the RGB scanner in the bedroom.... That I'll have to try someday. Hahaha.

D

Deleted member 8382

:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup: :crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup: :crackup::crackup:

My GF has passed trough a conversion process. At first she was like freaking amazed by the beams and so, and she opened her mouth more than she ever had when I burned something with them. Also when I built the spiro she said something like "where the fuck did you got the idea to build this freaking time machine" LOL but at the moment she just enjoys seeing how I'm happy with them since she's no longer surprised.

Like with most of the people, they get surprised by them, but once this surprise factor leaves them then they have no longer any interest on them. Bleh, hypocrites xD

@Jaseth: not only my GF but my friends think I'm some kind of crazy scientist for building this things xdddddd

Last edited by a moderator:

DJNY

My GF has passed trough a conversion process. At first he was like freaking amazed by the beams and so, and he opened her mouth more than she ever had when I burned something with them. Also when I built the spiro she said something like "where the fuck did you got the idea to build this freaking time machine" LOL but at the moment she just enjoys seeing how I'm happy with them since she's no longer surprised.

Do you have a GF or a BF? Sorry but I can't make head nor tail of it. :)

I think for most people lasers are amazing for some time but in the end only watching easily gets boring.

Jaseth

I'm pretty sure Albert has a girlfriend and just made couple of typos :whistle:

Also, you are correct about the "only watching=boring" thing. However, I would advise people not to just let their friends use their laser because of this. Even people you thought were very responsible and intelligent might start shining it around everywhere, potentially hitting you and others in the eye, maybe even shining it at a plane.
Instead, refer them to LPF for reading and do not show them where to buy the laser. If they have to find out where to buy a laser by themselves, they are much more likely to not only pick up several safety guidelines, but also develop a long lasting interest in lasers, meaning you have a new laser buddy!

Seb

Last edited:
My wife it a techie, so she loves them. She is happy with the colors more than the power so I always get her a low power version to play with.

Keeps her fairly happy with them.

Last year, among other things she asked for a sonic screwdriver (Toy) for our anniversary, which I got her.

She's still a kid at heart even though shes in her 40's. It's good for both of us.

D

Deleted member 8382

Do you have a GF or a BF? Sorry but I can't make head nor tail of it. :)

I think for most people lasers are amazing for some time but in the end only watching easily gets boring.
It's a common mistake from me to use "he" instead "she" when talking about a girl. Corrected it already ;)

Dose a sonic screw driver make screwing easer ?

My wife it a techie, so she loves them. She is happy with the colors more than the power so I always get her a low power version to play with.

Keeps her fairly happy with them.

Last year, among other things she asked for a sonic screwdriver (Toy) for our anniversary, which I got her.

She's still a kid at heart even though shes in her 40's. It's good for both of us.

women plus lasers equal serenity...

My wife thinks lasers are dangerous. I tell her I agree... of course I agree with most all of everything that she say's.

Enjoy it while it lasts, he's going to be back to his normal antics for a whole 'nother year!

When I told my wife what I was doing to the old HP drive, and why I wanted the diode out of it, she said "cool" and later realized "that'll be cool to have a laser!" So I think I'm good-to-go.

We use the same "rule" when it comes to our own individual hobbies and our common hobby (firearms/shooting):

As long as the bills are paid, get what you/we want with the extra. Have fun.

:D