Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How does your girlfriend/wife think about your laser hobby?

How does your girlfriend/wife think about your laser hobby?

• My baby is also fascinated by them

Votes: 18 39.1%
  • She don't give a f*** about

Votes: 17 37.0%
  • My GF/wife hates my lasers

Votes: 11 23.9%

• Total voters

DJNY

My GF wanted to buy me a laser to my 22 birthday because i´ve told her that I really liked to play with my red from the flea market when I was a little boy. The problem was that I quite accidentally come above a 1mW green (must be something about 10-15mW) at Amazon and read the comments. `You can see the beam...` WTF I asked myself! I ordered one cause it arouse a great deal of interest inside of me. I openened the package late in the evening and put it on... my first thoughts: HELL YEAH THIS BABY REALLY ROCKS!!! I went outside and quickly saw what a beam is :drool:

She liked it but maybe was a little bit angry that I´ve stolen her my birthday present ;)
Nowadays she doesn´t want to see my laser any longer (maybe because 1mW was replaced by 200mW :D). When I got my 200mW she liked to draw little animals in black paper, but she can´t understand why I give my greenie much attention and hates it at the present day.

Nothing. I'm alone *cries*. The only person that really cares is my dad, he thinks that they're not worth the money. Although when he first saw my Core he certainly sang a bit of a different tune.

Edit: I agree with Billg519 on this one

Last edited:

Rob

My GF thought my Blu-Ray was pretty cool, but she really doesn't care about them much. We were talking about it last night actually, all she said was, "As long as your happy." We'll see how long that lasts. LOL

On the other hand my Dad and my friends all love them. :D

STI24

My GF thought my Blu-Ray was pretty cool, but she really doesn't care about them much. We were talking about it last night actually, all she said was, "As long as your happy." We'll see how long that lasts. LOL

On the other hand my Dad and my friends all love them. :D

Mine is pretty much the same way too, as long as she can spend money on her crap she is fine with it. :crackup:

My GF likes them, even if i may sometimes lose her when i start to ramble on about them,
then she gives me that "your such a nerd" expression :D

I have no wife, mistress, or girlfriend. Nothing to nag me or suck any money away from HV or lasers. This poll needed a "single" option.

I have no wife, mistress, or girlfriend. Nothing to nag me or suck any money away from HV or lasers. This poll needed a "single" option.
[2]
But my mother is always complaining that I spend too much money ($50 only) with such an "useless and childish" thing.

My GF didn't like them... so I made a decision...
Now it's just me my Harley and my Lasers...:crackup::crackup::crackup:

Jerry

Are you sure it was the best decision, Larry ?
Ok, I understand, it was a tough one.

Jerry, that reminded me of the one about fishing :crackup:

And I think I'd choose fishing

Jaseth

The girl who I mainly date right now thinks they are pretty cool. She especially loves blu-ray lasers and scanner shows. She also thinks I am some kind of genius just because I have built a few lasers, spiros and that kind of stuff myself.
If anyone here has friends/girl friends who do not understand your love for lasers and you don't just want to say "if you have to ask, you won't understand the answer", try the 30mW kaleidoscopic greenie which you can get from somewhere like DX. Most people get very excited when there are pretty lights everywhere and forget that they are supposed to hate anything which takes more than a few hours of devotion to understand.

Seb

Mine throws the lasers up in my face from time to time, but when we go outside and "play" she's all like ooh, ahh and "that's f***ing cool......

When I make liquid skies in our bedroom, she's cool with it too.

But if I tell her we are broke on Tuesday, and fed ex shows up with a laser on Wednesday, Well then she's not so cool with it.

Then I get her a new CSI box set, and she is fine for a few days...........

roosl

My wife and I each have our hobbies. She enjoys hers, and I mine. She doesn't care about my lasers (sorta ho-hum about it), but I wish she was more interested. But, I don't really get into her sewing and quilting hobby either!

We're at an awesome age now, all our children are self-sufficient adults, so we get to do what we want.
:na: