Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Host of the year for 2010

anselm

Aparently there's a limit of 10 choices for any poll on this forum.
Now the trouble is to narrow the list of entries down to 10.... :(

I wonder if c0ldshadow would be able to maybe change/raise that limit of 10 choices.... ?
I have no clue about vBulletin.

jayrob

Aparently there's a limit of 10 choices for any poll on this forum.
Now the trouble is to narrow the list of entries down to 10.... :(

I wonder if c0ldshadow would be able to maybe change/raise that limit of 10 choices.... ?
I have no clue about vBulletin.

Instead of a poll, then just make a list of entries. And then as people post their choice. The votes will be in people's posts. Someone will have to scroll through the thread and tally up the votes...

That way everybody will see the same votes. And nobody can argue about it. Just as if it were a poll.

That's not as easy as a poll, but it will allow more than 10 entries. Which there should be...

@Flaminpyro & jakeGT (&Jayrob): It will be a poll. But it needs to first be narrowed down to a shortlist consisting of no more than 10 entries. So i need someone to do that for me.

@Jayrob: Yeah, why not? But can i have the prize if you win? :D

...i'm kidding, i'm kidding...

The material prizes should go to anselm, but it'd be absurd for him to have a graphic or a rosette saying "The anselm SolarForce: Winner of the Host of the Year competition for 2010!!"

@anselm: I have no idea about vBulletin either. I'd like that big poll to take place, but somehow i doubt it'll be possible. So getting someone to create us a shortlist would be easier.
I actually thought about getting c0ldshad0w to do the judging, but apparently he's been busy recently.

(If i refer to "doing the judging" i mean "creating the shortlist", and sorry for all the confusion i've generated during this competition... even if it takes longer than anticipated, this will run to completion)

jayrob

Ok will I'd get that if I won, but send the items I offered to him...

Or if jakeGT wanted to enter his Maglite and won, then I would send the items to him...

I don't expect to win anyway. But shouldn't I be able to enter?

You should give it more thought about this short list idea. I think you should let there be as many entries as people want to enter. And then let people post their vote.

I'm sure there would be volunteers to sift the thread and count the votes if you didn't want to do that...

jakeGT

I would most certainly enter my maglite.
I would most certainly make a thread, control and post the entries, and tally the score! I would love to do this so that say we could have as many "nominations" as we wanted. And have as many votes for as many different hosts that we wanted

How does that sound?

Why not just do 2 or 3 different poll threads? You can have 10 20 or 30 different hosts.

jakeGT

Dude, Ehgemus, you live in ky?! That's cool , whereabouts? Ever heard of Ashland?

jakeGT

That's cool, wouldn't take long for a 5 groove host to get to me then would it :D

Is it just me or is this getting more conveluted by the day, can I enter my cat I want to enter my cat, come on let me enter my cat :crackup:
Can someone make green laser beams come out of her eyes ;)
2yjtu2v.jpg

Bobby

It sounds like we're voting for the voting method :crackup:
Since it is Jai's thread, I suppose he gets the choice of what he'd going to do, but I'd personally vote for the "manual-vote, as-many-as-you-want" method if the seasoned/pro consensus is that ther eare definitely more than 10 "LotY" finalists.

Why not ask the Mods to make the call (on what method the vote takes) if we want a LotY that the board truly agrees with?

[jai - not trying to take anything away from you -- this was your idea after all]

jakeGT

Alright I'll sit wait and watch.
Jai is a girl Bobby haha
And jeff... My
Cat would definitely win over yours so dont get your hopes up
If u need any help Jai I would be more than glad to
Let's see where it goes

Helios

this looks like it deserves a fresh thread with less clutter

Maybe open a pictures only thread and ask for no replies without photos