Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Has anyone spoken to Ray J Neal?

I don't think that had anything to do with the issue here. He has shipped to me in Canada many times.

But, the difference is that shipping within the U.S. doesn't require a trip to the Post Office to submit a Customs Declaration.

I just had ehgemus mill a heatsink for me and it did it quickly, inexpensively, and did a great job on it. And, there are numerous others that would happily do so as well.

rhd

But, the difference is that shipping within the U.S. doesn't require a trip to the Post Office to submit a Customs Declaration.

I just had ehgemus mill a heatsink for me and it did it quickly, inexpensively, and did a great job on it. And, there are numerous others that would happily do so as well.

To be honest, I'm not even turning my mind to the idea of where I'd get the heatsinks made at this stage. I've got a number of hosts, and very little time on my hands.

I just want Ray to do the right thing and take a trip to the post office to ship this stuff back. Don't forget, I gave him a $150 laser in exchange for the heatsink work. I'm not even asking for that laser back - I just want the hosts, finished or not.

I think a $150 laser, in exchange for even 30 minutes of his time and $10 to ship the unfinished hosts back, after 4 or 5 months of basically being evaded, is MORE than fair/honest/ethical/reasonable :)

I agree that you are being more than fair, but fair or not, if all you want are the lasers back, the easier you make it for him to send the more likely he'll act.

And, hopefully the quicker you can stop letting it eat away at you.

Contact me with your transaction ID if I still have not issued you a refund. I have been issuing refunds for several weeks steadily, and sporadically over the last several months. PP links remained active because I never made it on here and thought to remove them. However, any received payment was always immediately refunded. I know there are two or three people who have not been refunded from reading here, and that is simply because you got lost in the mess of my PP statement. Thanks. rhd, thanks for jumping to conclusions that I was trying to scam people out of petty amounts of money. Maybe the forum should make you a moderator?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. rhd, thanks for jumping to conclusions that I was trying to scam people out of petty amounts of money. Maybe the forum should make you a moderator?

I'm sorry, but that's just not right on your part. I'm sorry that you lost your job, and congratulations on starting your own business after that, but you are still responsible for commitments you made prior to that.

You had over a MONTH to deal with rhd's issue, just since this thread was posted. Which it sounds like, is nothing more than dumping some packing peanuts and his hosts in a box and shipping them out. 20 minutes over the course of a month is not that hard to find.

Last edited:
Reactions: ped

ped

+1 when i can Infinitus.

@ Ray , come on man rhd has been more than resonable/patient. No need for those comments at all.

DJNY

Rhd, thanks for jumping to conclusions that I was trying to scam people out of petty amounts of money. Maybe the forum should make you a moderator?

He doesn´t know you. Maybe it wasn´t your intention to scam anyone here, but man WAKE UP it´s the internet and how often we saw people get scammed on LPF (by people with much more reputation than you have). Don´t take it personal, but I would have acted the same as rhd.

Anyway, at least you came here to clarify :beer:

Last edited:
So, it's been about a week since Ray posted that he will give out refunds in chronological order (transaction in June) .... I PM'd him the transaction ID and haven't received the refund yet.

I wonder if anyone has been refunded yet?

rhd

Two of the 7 hosts aren't heatsink-able, or just don't make sense to heatsink-ify. Two of them had heatsinks from Ray (yay). For the other 3, I'm going to see if someone can make me blind heatsinks. I've got digital calipers and can give good dimensions.

well if you want post the dimensions of what you need and we can see if i got some stock for it unless theres a member in canada.

rhd

That's awesome to know -

I've already extended the feeler to BobHaha, so let me see if he's up for it first. If not, I'll report back!

well it might be faster to ship from Michigan to canada as i thought bob was in the AU.

ARG

well it might be faster to ship from Michigan to canada as i thought bob was in the AU.

In my experience, sending/receiving packages internationally = 3 weeks.

Except for the UK, it takes me only 1-2 weeks to get something from there, but everything else AU/USA/China always takes around 3 weeks. Even thought the US may be closer, it take forever to receive/send stuff.