Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: TANK007 Complete Build Kit

Why is it that the copper heat-sink sticks out from the host like that? I'm guessing it's just to show how it looks like? Any pics with the heat-sink installed all the way?

if i choose this host for a 445 build, what about the output, and the assemply?
would like to buy this host :D

will it come with batteries and charger?

Sent a pm / order for my first build. Thanks for making such a nice looking kit! I do appreciate it.

cmak

I am finally ready to buy this host with a 12X in it. Do you have your own source of 12X's or should I get one from O-like and have it shipped to you?

Also, I have an existing 405-G-1 glass lens I would like used in the build, but it needs to be taken out of an existing host. It should be very easy to do, and I would compensate you for the [minimal] labor. Also, I would have no issue if you accidentally broke it so there's no "risk" involved.

Please let me know what you can do, and what kind of prices I'm looking at. I wouldn't mind speaking over PM if you prefer to do so. Thanks and have a great day, FP!

-Chris

Yes I have 12x diodes in stock, let's PM.

I am finally ready to buy this host with a 12X in it. Do you have your own source of 12X's or should I get one from O-like and have it shipped to you?

Also, I have an existing 405-G-1 glass lens I would like used in the build, but it needs to be taken out of an existing host. It should be very easy to do, and I would compensate you for the [minimal] labor. Also, I would have no issue if you accidentally broke it so there's no "risk" involved.

Please let me know what you can do, and what kind of prices I'm looking at. I wouldn't mind speaking over PM if you prefer to do so. Thanks and have a great day, FP!

-Chris

Bobby

At the risk of being repetitive, WOW! I'd definitely be interested to know what the total build-cost would be for this host with a 12x. I have read a lot about jayrob's 405-G-1 glass -- could you supply those, or would I need to order from him first and ship to you?

What sustained powers & lifetimes have you seen from the recent 12x diodes in your tank?

Thank for this cool build!
Bobby

Don't want to hijack the thread and i'll delete this post if FP wants, but I will interject some datapoints for the last poster. While my own heatsinks for this host are a different design, I think the one this data is from is roughly the same thermal mass as FP's heatsinks so I would expect these numbers should be close to his under the same conditions.

sf-bw512L 12x diode on a microboost set at 500mA with 405-g-1 lens

730mW - peak at room temperature
710mW - after being on 5 minutes
704mW - after being on 10 minutes
699mW - after being on 15 minutes
710mW - after a 2.5 minute cool off
730mW - peak after returning to room temperature

After having about two hours runtime on this laser, it still peaks at 730mW.

Bobby

Many thank qumefox! [Mods: same note here - happy to delete of too off] Once FP gets back from holiday, if he has similar stats, it'd be an interesting comparison.

I gotta say that the copper sink in the Tank looks impressive ...

If it is tightly coupled to the chassis (ok, whaddya call a 'host body' that does not sound like bodysnatchers invasion? :thinking: ) and has the right thermal compound, the whole host should become part of the heat sink, shouldn't it? :eek:

Thanks again,
Bobby

Nice build, but you may want to drop the price a little bit cause Jayrob can make a similar kit for only around $40-60
Come on, this is not a Jayrob kit. Fp makes his own kits so don't come here and try to get him to change his prices by telling him Jayrob is cheaper. This is not like going to Walmart and telling them that Kmart has it cheaper. These are some great members & builders trying to help other members out with some great work on making kits and making it easier for us to build our own lasers, since a lot of us don't have the equipment to do so.
It's not let's make a deal!

Telling people what they should sell their stuff for in their own sales thread won't gain you many friends. Plus it's not like FP.. or myself either, have CNC lathes like jayrob does. All jayrob has to do is push a button for the most part and a little while later he has a finished heatsink with very little of his actual time needed. FP has to stand in front of the lathe and actually make this stuff... Just like I do with mine. And that takes time. ANd time is money.

And FYI.. my tank007 builds are even more expensive than FP's.. though they're a bit more complicated too. So FP is by no means the most expensive. :p

jayrob

Telling people what they should sell their stuff for in their own sales thread won't gain you many friends. Plus it's not like FP.. or myself either, have CNC lathes like jayrob does. All jayrob has to do is push a button for the most part and a little while later he has a finished heatsink with very little of his actual time needed. FP has to stand in front of the lathe and actually make this stuff... Just like I do with mine. And that takes time. ANd time is money.

And FYI.. my tank007 builds are even more expensive than FP's.. though they're a bit more complicated too. So FP is by no means the most expensive. :p

You must have me confused with Pontiacg5...

I don't have a CNC lathe. I wish I did! My lathe is only a 6" Atlas. Basically, it's an antique! I have to keep good care of it. I just replaced the motor actually. Had to get a new motor pulley as well. Finding parts for my lathe is not easy.

But it's in good shape now. I just also replaced the main spindle bearings, as well as the counter shaft bearings...

Anyway, I've seen FlaminPyro's work, and he is a precision machinist. He also has some great laser building tools. I have bought supplies from Jeff. And I can't say enough good things about him and his work.

His syringe filled with flux, is one of the greatest ideas I've seen. Once you get spoiled using it, you will never solder without it!

Oh.. my bad. sorry heh. Yeah I did.. :oops: :banghead:

Though you forget I have an atlas 618 as well. :D Mine needs spindle bearings too but they aren't quite sloppy enough to be immediately urgent.. I'd still rather find a milling attachment first. Well, since you go through as much trouble as we do.. You should raise your rates! :D j/k.

I'd show you why I charge more for mine, but i'm not about to start posting pics of my heatsinks in FP's sales thread. I don't play that.

Last edited:

cmak

well SORRY for trying to help him get more business. I was just saying that people could do the same types of builds for less, so if this guy drops his price a little he would not loose his customers to other members.

You know a sarcastic retaliation post like that probably wasn't the best move on your part.... even if you don't happen to have any personal respect for the members and builders on this forum, at least fake some--for your own sake.

-Chris

jib77

Dude just because you think another lower priced product is a suitable alternative to this product does not mean other people do. I'd venture to say the price is probably at a equilibrium ... the right amount of quantity demanded for the capacity he has to produce them, the time spent on production, and compensation for other productive activities he has to give up to produce these kits(opportunity costs), and maybe a little bit of profit.

FP produces a high quality product!! Other members also produce Quality work, but methods differ so costs differ as well. If You think FP charges too much go somewhere else, because I think His prices are very fair for what You get.

Sorry FP I'll delete if You want!

Aaron

You know a sarcastic retaliation post like that probably wasn't the best move on your part.... even if you don't happen to have any personal respect for the members and builders on this forum, at least fake some--for your own sake.

-Chris

I have respect for most members on this forum, just not trolls like him who spend their lives trying to make others feel as miserable as they are.