Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Kenometer Laser power meter *CLOSED*

Kenom

Re: FS: Kenometer $250

Ok I just had one of my buyers of the Kenometer file a paypal dispute so they could get a refund. The person needs the funds for other things and I'm stuck with a sensor and all the components needed to make an additional Kenometer on their way. It also leaves me with a significant neg. balance So, since he's not needing this, I will offer it to someone else. Same deal as what's above.

$250 +shipping (average has worked out to $8)

I'd buy it but I just received my Kenometer.... :cool:

You know it's a good LPM.... and you know Kenom will run out soon... :eek:

The used Sensor Heads are getting increasingly Rare and Expensive...  :'(

[EDIT] Shipping to Canada was $15.00... :cool:

Jerry

lasersbee said:
I'd buy it but I just received my Kenometer.... :cool:

You know it's a good LPM.... and you know Kenom will run out soon... :eek:

The used Sensor Heads are getting increasingly Rare and Expensive...  :'(

[EDIT] Shipping to Canada was $15.00... :cool:

Jerry
Any spare?

Kenom

any spare heads?  Nah even lasersbee asked if I could get him just a head.

I'd sell just this one, but I'm out more than just the cost of one head. I'm out a psu, box, assorted electrical components, display etc.

Kenom said:
Ok I just had one of my buyers of the Kenometer file a paypal dispute so they could get a refund.  The person needs the funds for other things...
Talk about a BS way to go about it, huh  :mad:

Kenom

Well it worked out in the end, he pulled the dispute. I won't say and didn't say negative things about the person involved because I understand his situation. Not to mention, it's not my place to say bad things about people.

can this be hooked up to the computer? if it can i will buy it if it cant well gues i will pass

Kenom

Actually it can. Ordinarily it does not come with the option to graph. That costs additional. Essentially all it is, is a voltmeter with usb capabilities. It reads the output from the meter which is a mw/mv scale, and displays it on the graph. So if you can come up with an alternative method it will work. I've looked high and low for computer based voltmeters and they aren't easy. Heres the what the graphLooks like.

Test.jpg

This is from a usb voltmeter that retails for $69 on ebay.

So tempting...3 years in the hobby without a meter. :-[ With all of the laser reviews that I have been doing lately a good meter would be nice to back up my claims...I'll think this over and see what I'll need to sell so I can afford this if I want to buy it. ;D

I remember bidding on one of those Coherent heads on eBay.  My bid was about $320, I think.  I was beaten out very quickly.  

Now I've ordered one of these meters from Kenom.  A whole damn meter preassembled.  I can't believe it.  This is despite the fact that I've got a perfectly working deluxe Laserbee I, and also another thermal head (and broken meter) I have yet to experiment with making a ADC circuit for.  I had to jump on this.

You people are missing an opportunity of a lifetime.  Beg, borrow, or steal for this meter.  Look at the Paypal dispute/refund Kenom received as an opportunity to land yourself a great meter on the cheap. I literally can't believe Kenom is selling these below $300. Even more unbelievable is the fact that I was able to purchase one. Even more unbelievable than even that is that nobody has stepped up and bought this last one. I guess the economy really is that bad.

I may even jump on this meter myself if nobody else takes advantage of this opportunity.  If I were to resell it at a later date, it'd definitely sell for more than $250 when people are asking about it on this thread and PMing Kenom about it three months from now (like I did when the first wave was created).  These things are very hard to get.

Kenom

Yeah when I ran outta heads back when I was first making these, I got PM's for MONTHS askin if they were still available. Now granted I've sold 6 of these in the last month or so, so it's a fair amount of people that didn't have them before that miraculously came up with the funds to get one. I understand the recession and it's impact on peoples wallets. hell, I'm so broke now that I couldn't buy one if I didn't already have one and I wasn't the one selling them.

Traveller said:
So did you take it, Crossfire?

Yes.  I am awaiting the building and eventual shipping of the unit.  Being recently unemployed, I know firsthand that financial troubles are very stressful so I was glad I could help Kenom out and procure one of his fine meters at the same time.  Win-win.

After I get the Kenometer, I think I'll need to review the Kryton red-violet set I got from daguin.  ;)