Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Jib Drivers 1.25A & 1.8A

bobo99

Grabbed a couple off of you last week!

The 1.8AJib (running off 2x18650's) should be fine with an a140 diode, glass lens, and good heat sinking, correct?

Hey, do you have any 1.8's left? Wanting to power the 445's that DTR sells, would that work?

Kenom

has anyone experienced the 1.8A drivers overdriving like the 1.25A drivers when they are well heatsinked? I'm concerned that if I heatsink the 1.8A driver like I did the 1.25A driver and get a 5-35% increase in current that it will fry whatever diode I connect it to. I will not risk that with these 445 diodes.

Last edited:

jib77

has anyone experienced the 1.8A drivers overdriving like the 1.25A drivers when they are well heatsinked? I'm concerned that if I heatsink the 1.8A driver like I did the 1.25A driver and get a 5-35% increase in current that it will fry whatever diode I connect it to. I will not risk that with these 445 diodes.

They will not because they are explicitly set to 1.8A with the resistors.

Those early "maxed" out drivers had resistors that set the current limit beyond the capabilities of the IC, so they relied on the IC circuitry to current/heat limit itself. The better the heatsinking and the more efficient the IC was the higher the current, 1.6A was their hard limit.

These newer 1.25A drivers are also strictly set to 1.25A, so they will not yield higher current the better you heatsink them.

Kenom

Awesome thanks for answering that question.

So the next question.. in stock when??

Last edited:
I've got to get with Jib about getting more boards from him.

I've also got another driver that that I paid Benmwv to design which should be available either tomorrow or Monday depending on USPS.

bobo99

(i ordered one 1.25 and one 1.8A) Silly question, but I'm going to guess the 1.8A one is the one without one of the resistors on it?

EDIT: silly question answered by myself, the longer one is the 1.8A :)

Last edited:
Hey moh ,
Just received my jib 1.8A driver but there was no free focus adapter ...
I was on time and i didn't reveive it ..
the first time i order from you it was on laseremporium ive bought 2 host w/ heatsink and one host come without heatsink ... ive pm you you said youll send me another 1 and some day after you close laseremporium and i never received that heatsink .. and now that focus adapter ... did im really unlucky ? each time i bought from you there was something missing i dont think thats its normal .. you wife now is doing your shipping ??
so Pm or reply what you gonna do about this !

StokTT

Just a question for u. When u used the Paypal link was it payment for just the driver? Because when I bought it, the Paypal link had "driver + free focus adaptor" then again I still haven't recieved this yet and moh hasn't responded to my pms either

Stock, The free focus adapter was a 24 hour thing, that actually ended up going longer than the 24 hours because I didn't get home in time to turn it off. Whoever got it in time had the "1.8A Jib Driver & Free Focus Adapter" instead of just "1.8A Jib Driver"

Aaron, I looked up your PM about your wire from 09/10 not arriving. I have sent you a refund for it.
Stok, I've refunded you for both the coleman kit, and your jib driver.

I don't know if i'm just not packaging items good enough & they are getting lost or what. I've had a lot of missing international orders lately. I'll probably have to restrict international orders to EMS shipping only since that is the only method with real tracking.

Edit: Bobo, the driver with just a 1ohm resistor is the 1.25A driver.

Last edited:
Stock, The free focus adapter was a 24 hour thing, that actually ended up going longer than the 24 hours because I didn't get home in time to turn it off. Whoever got it in time had the "1.8A Jib Driver & Free Focus Adapter" instead of just "1.8A Jib Driver"

Aaron, I looked up your PM about your wire from 09/10 not arriving. I have sent you a refund for it.
Stok, I've refunded you for both the coleman kit, and your jib driver.

I don't know if i'm just not packaging items good enough & they are getting lost or what. I've had a lot of missing international orders lately. I'll probably have to restrict international orders to EMS shipping only since that is the only method with real tracking.

Edit: Bobo, the driver with just a 1ohm resistor is the 1.25A driver.

Thanks for that. I mean I have ordered and recieved stuff from you before. Don't know why this got lost. I'm guessing you don't have any more wire? Would have like some of that silicone wire. Ah well.

I'll hope that the jib driver and focus adaptor get here soon =D and if the wire does eventually come I'll send you the money back

It should be arriving any day. According to PayPal, I marked it shipped 10 days ago.

The guy at the post office says I can enter the custom label code into tracking and it will show the package as accepted and when it leaves the country, but beyond that the packages aren't tracked.

Last edited:
I actually order x4 1.25A jib drivers but end up receiving only 1 pc.
I am sure there is a mix up and Matthew did refund for the x3 drivers I did not received.

Matthew is doing a us a favor and I certainly hope that the person who receive the extra drivers return or pay Matthew the balance.

LaZeRz

Even if it was used which I doubt it is, it won't function any differently.