Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Jib Drivers 1.25A & 1.8A

Re: FS: Jib Drivers 1.8A & 1.25A

I just now finished them all.

Reflow is a pain and i think soldering them by hand would of been just as quick.

rhd

I just now finished them all.

Reflow is a pain and i think soldering them by hand would of been just as quick.

You know, I've been hand-soldering SOT-89 all night, and from what I can remember of my limited experience with DIY reflow, it really wouldn't have been much easier.

I've been arctic silvering ICs in place ahead of time, and then coming back with a quick solder from a really fine tip - it's not that much of a hassle to do basic drivers like this by hand.

Big thanks again to Jib and Moh for keeping these drivers alive and offering an amazingly priced option for the community. Jib turned this forum on to the 1084/1085 IC in the first place and deserves a lot of credit for that. As far as I'm concerned, Jib is the current king of drivers. (though it seems like there are a number of ambitious driver initiatives out there on the forum in incubation stage - which is amazing to see!)

I guess I ought to give a few of these a shot too. Looks like they could be a great alternative for budget builds, and considering that thanks to a f#@$ing thief I went from 16 lasers down to 1 overnight, I'm starting over almost from scratch.

Thanks for keeping these alive Matt!

Payment sent.

As long as people buy them I guess.....
All the drivers are finished and bagged up. All the current orders will probably get packaged tonight.

This thread will probably just turn into a "driver" thread soon as I will have some different drivers available as well.

Last edited:

All orders are packaged and I'm printing shipping labels right now.
Currently have 13x 1.8A drivers and 31x 1.25A drivers left.

I am interested, What all can these drivers be used to power? Could I use one of these on a 532nm DPSS build?

532 DPSS modules use an IR diode which is case positive.

The - input and output on these drivers are continuous.

Because of this you would not be able to use the conventional means or building a DIY lasers.
By that, I mean if you were to use a flashlight with a tail clicky you'd most likely be using the flashlight case to carry the positive input to the case of the module.

this would mean that the positive path would be going from the flashlight, directly into the IR diode, and the negative path would travel directly through the driver and into the diode as well. This completely bypasses the driver and you may well just hook it directly to the battery - it will most certainly kill your diode.

However, if your using some other application where the module is electrically isolated, and both Vin must travel through the driver to get to the diode, it should work fine..

That's a shitty explanation...sorry.

What about for a 445nm build using a A140 Diode?

As long as people buy them I guess.....
All the drivers are finished and bagged up. All the current orders will probably get packaged tonight.

This thread will probably just turn into a "driver" thread soon as I will have some different drivers available as well.

Okay, great! As soon as I can get $7, I'm purchasing one straight away!! =DD

:thanks:

payment sent for 2, 1.8a drivers.

Last edited: