Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Fs: CUSTOM LASER HOSTS, NEW HOSTS ADDED TODAY 1/10/16

Re: Fs: CUSTOM LASER HOSTS, NEW HOSTS ADDED TODAY 8/16/15

I was wondering if you can make a host for me out of cobalt alloy with a copper heatsink and hold 2x 18350s. I would also add a diamond module to the diode. That will make it litterally in-destructible.

Re: Fs: CUSTOM LASER HOSTS, NEW HOSTS ADDED TODAY 8/24/15

New host added today 8-24-15

If you can make one for me like the last one you just posted except for four 32650 batteries in series and as wide a head you can possibly make (over 3.5 inches, 4" is best) which has deep 1/4 inch wide heat sink fins .5 inch deep (minimum) with 1/4 inch spacing between the fins and a head width to length dimension of 1.5 to 1 (1.5 times longer than its width) with a high current on-off switch near the head in addition to the switch in the end cap and thread the head/heat sink to allow a large diameter pipe to screw on it later with no less than 1 inch of thread length, you will have sold another one to me.

It would need a place to put some drivers too (wide and long enough for several), but something more secure than the piece which just sits in there with glue, maybe a part of the head, if possible. Also, the power wire would need to be no less than 16 gauge, 14 better.

Also, last but not least, a long ledge in the front of it for a knife edge assembly which is 95 percent as wide as the head but 6 inches long and 1/2 inch thick milled as flat as possible on both sides. Here's a photo of something similar but much smaller:

711913bd-0791-4a0e-b03e-4a9248f77b93.jpg

There would be a hole in the center of the head made to allow mounting a 12mm aixiz module too, but not two diodes as in this photo. That hole would be used to run the wires through to the diodes in the knife edge, but the diameter of a aixiz module in case I want to mount one there someday.

The only dimension I need to give you which will make or break the unit from working for me is the height of the ledge for the knife edge in relation to the center of the head/aixiz module hole which I would need to provide before the work could start.

Last edited:

IsaacT

Hey Ehgemus, been awhile since I have been on. Your hosts are looking better than ever, especially that one with the acrylic front piece, and I am glad to see those side switches in more and more models. Love the feel. Hope you are doing well!

Cheers
-Isaac

Hey Ehgemus, been awhile since I have been on. Your hosts are looking better than ever, especially that one with the acrylic front piece, and I am glad to see those side switches in more and more models. Love the feel. Hope you are doing well!

Cheers
-Isaac
Thanks Isaac

Alaskan, get them dimensions of the head so we can start on this monster. Lol

I was wondering if you can make a host for me out of cobalt alloy with a copper heatsink and hold 2x 18350s. I would also add a diamond module to the diode. That will make it litterally in-destructible.

Umm...what? Lol. A diamond module? Please do tell where you plan on getting a diamond module.

Thanks Isaac

Alaskan, get them dimensions of the head so we can start on this monster. Lol

That would be so awesomely cool, I have all the parts to build the optics for this baby as soon as you have the time to make the platform host for me :)

The distance the shelf needs to be from the center of the head is exactly 9mm.

Umm...what? Lol. A diamond module? Please do tell where you plan on getting a diamond module.

It's impossible but nice to have one if your rich and you want to sink in some real heat.

Last edited:

gozert

It's impossible but nice to have one if your rich and you want to sink in some real heat.

So you're asking him if he can make something that you already know of is impossible?

zioGXeh.jpg

So you're asking him if he can make something that you already know of is impossible?

zioGXeh.jpg

I didn't say it was completely impossible still possible if you got the money.
There are tons of diamonds in this world, but just not cheap.

love the design of that first side clickie.lots of beautiful work.

Re: Fs: CUSTOM LASER HOSTS, NEW HOSTS ADDED TODAY 9/2/15

New host added today. Better check this one out. ^^