Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Fs: CUSTOM LASER HOSTS FOR HIGHER POWER BUILDS, NEW HOST ADDED 2/9/16

Re: Fs: CUSTOM LASER HOSTS FOR HIGHER POWERED BUILDS, NEW HOST ADDED TODAY 12-16-15

Awe man you must be special cause I asked every machinist I could find on here if they would make one for me and I got no where fast lol. . . Will you send pics of it when you get a chance please? I would really like to see what you got and hope it works for the lenses you have on the way.

He just finished making one for me I can put corrective optics in.

Re: Fs: CUSTOM LASER HOSTS FOR HIGHER POWERED BUILDS, NEW HOST ADDED TODAY 12-16-15

Have you ever given any thought into making a custom host/hosts that can easily incorporate a pair of cylindrical lenses to tame all these new high powered diodes coming out lately?

I know of quite a few people that would be very interested in something like that and I'm no machinist but it doesn't seem like it would be very difficult.

A simple flat surface protruding out the front of the host for the rectangular shaped lenses to sit is really all it would take.

I'd like one that hides the entire assembly inside the laser, even if it meant fixed focus. perhaps an very long focus adapter with the optics after the lens could work and be taken off and replaced with a regular lens for close distance focused burning. with a long focus adapter, the part where the lens connects to the module may need reinforcing so the joint is not under such stress from the extra bulk of the adpter, seeing as with a lengthened adapter this joint might be closer to the center rather than at one end basically. I could see it breaking without reinforcment in my minds eye. did that make sense? it's late I need sleep

Ha, I first started communicating about this one six months ago. This one has taken the longest to hammer out the details and to finally get built, although he has built other less complex hosts within just a couple of days of asking.

There is plenty of room in this one for anything I want and has a telescoping tube for a large PCX lens on the output to collimate the expanded beam, once corrected. The assembly has been machined to mate with TK75 flashlight

0ef96319-ac1c-43c0-bb62-4e6bf9222258.jpg

More photo's after I receive it.

Ricker

WOW! That thing is so beautiful and huge! that will definitely be a two hander when completed! What wavelength when finished? Or are you keeping it for a flashlight? (PLEASE be for a laser!) :)

It is for a knife edge of 520nm laser diodes, will put out several watts when finished, already have all the parts for it.

Ricker

It is for a knife edge of 520nm laser diodes, will put out several watts when finished, already have all the parts for it.

That is too awesome! I'm VERY excited for pictures and specs of the end product. Hopefully you'll do a full write-up from start to finish! :D

As soon as I can get my hands on the corrective lenses or know the spacing I need for them I can build a host for them.

As soon as I can get my hands on the corrective lenses or know the spacing I need for them I can build a host for them.

Are there any particular corrective lenses you are waiting on?

If not I could give you all the specs for the lenses I and several others have or even better I could send you a set on loan so you can build a custom host for use with them.

I thought there was a group buy for a two lens set?

But yeah if you have some and need something built for them just let me know.

Are there any particular corrective lenses you are waiting on?

If not I could give you all the specs for the lenses I and several others have or even better I could send you a set on loan so you can build a custom host for use with them.

Bump for a really nice host^^

hey Bill don't quote the entire long post. it is heavily frowned upon by other forum member.

New host added today. 1-8-16

This last host is really nice, a separate place to put a driver for better heat sinking, a must in my book for the higher power multimode diodes. It also uses 26650 batteries which have more run time/capacity for these current hungry diodes. I've never seen him make a host with a matt finish before, this one is another work of art. He can make more, if you ask!

Re: Fs: CUSTOM LASER HOSTS FOR HIGHER POWERED, NEW HOST ADDED TODAY, 1/21/16

New host added for sale.^^^

Re: Fs: CUSTOM LASER HOSTS FOR HIGHER POWERED BUILDS, 2 NEW HOST ADDED TODAY, 1/21/16

New host added today. ^^^