Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: >110mW PHR, >140mW 4x & >170mW 6x Blu-Rays

Dohh!
At least I have the red to play, errm experiment, with for the time being.
With my green = yellow, too :D.

My IgorT family of lasers collection has new members!

1525-my-newest-2-igort-lasers-11-27-09.jpg
1523-igort-hand-laser-family-beams.jpg
1530-5-happy-igort-lasers.jpg

In the beam pic, all made for me by IgorT left to right, first 2 are new arrivals, jayrob CR2 kit built by IgorT with 6X, (GGW BR diode) and jayrob G-1 glass lens doing 225 mW, Rominsen by IgorT host same diode and lens type doing ~250 mW, Dorcy Jr w/ Max Mass D_H h.s. and PHR about 110 mW (by IgorT of course) , Rominsen w/ PHR ~ 110 mW, Dorcy Jr w/ LOC doing about 285 mW (also by IgorT of course). (Also, I estimated these outputs lower than what my Kenom LPM reads them to be, btw) It's one big happy family! The 405's by Igor are such high quality builds when my friends ask to buy them, I tell them I'll get one made for them by Igor, but these are all mine!

Last edited:

HIMNL9

^ ..... and in the background, you can see the shelf, in the point where you pointed all the beams together, starting to smoke ..... (j/k :D)

...jayrob CR2 kit built by IgorT with 6X, (GGW BR diode) and jayrob G-1 glass lens doing 225 mW...

Congratulations on your recent expansion :)

225mW of 405nm out a keychain, woah o_O now that is bitchin' :wave:

p.s. great pics too!

...the point where you pointed all the beams together...
Actually what I see is a whole lot of glasses... a bit risky to be pointing your lazor(s) there... :-/

Last edited:
Gorgeous!! I'm obviously new to the forums, but have been eyeing the Igor builds for a week now, very nice work.. haha and Scopeguy that's a very nice collection. I gotta get one of these. :shhh:

Heard from Igor at the beginning of December re: Blu-Ray repair-job , said it was on it's way. . . . . with me soon.

Yep, I'm still waitttttttttttttiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggg

Last edited:

Dusty

Heard from Igor at the beginning of December re: Blu-Ray repair-job , said it was on it's way. . . . . with me soon.

Yep, I'm still waitttttttttttttiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggg

Igor has been taken ill and is currently in hospital (check thread in general section). I imagen you will be waiting a little longer...:angel:

not to worry, I am sure that when he is feeling better he will communicate with us. For now lets wish him a speedy recovery...:)

Last edited:
Heard from Igor at the beginning of December...
I know how you feel - I've been there, done that (actually, you & I both - and many others have too...) so all I can say is hang in there.

After one year of membership to this group of Lazor Scientists & Engineers, I've come to understand it's the nature of the beast, so to speak. But hey, where else on Earth can you get such incredible, one-of-a-kind instruments at such humble prices?

Me? I've got TWO 6X 504nm and TWO LOC 660nm and TWO 70mW+ 532nm so that if one goes down, I have a spare to enjoy...

:umbrella: (for that rainy day when one of my beauties goes KIA...)

Cheers for the info.

T.B.H.
My interest in lasers has taken such a bashing, it's all I can do to periodically check this thread.

IgorT

Looks like you've forgotten about me again . . .

What's happened to my red n' blu, Igor ?

Batch 1 or 2, originally !

Wait, you did get your bonus red, didn't you?

I haven't forgotten about you, Andy but i have to admit, i did forget about your module. :yabbem:
You sent me module only without the body, and i misplaced it among almost 50 empty ones...

I wish you would have contacted me on Skype sooner, if i knew it's still here, you'd have received it back a long time ago. I fixed it as soon as i found your box during cleaning and realized it must still be here.

But in a few days you'll also get a free Tiny AAA BluRay, to make up for my mistake. I believe you'll be very pleased, when you open the package.

Hi Igor. Tried to email you but it go bounced back.

Hey my GGW module you made me just LEDed at under 30 minutes total use. I
had it in a good sized heat sink with thermal paste, and I always ground
myself on the kitchen faucet before I use it. I use a 30 second on, and 1
minute off cycle. I don't get it. Any ideas?

You've had it for quite a while, are you sure it's been only 30 minutes?

I have no idea why it LED-ed, out of 79 good GGW diodes from my old stock, only two ever died, yours makes the third. And i picked a normal efficiency one for you, after the one you sent me turned out to be weak.

But it was linear-driver powered, and i remember how hot it got, when i was testing it in one of my heatsinks. It creates over three times as much heat as it would with a high efficiency DC/DC driver. Regardless of your heatsinking, the driver creates this heat right behind the diode and warms it up, more than it would warm up by itself - it could be related, but it's impossible to say for sure....

There is no way for me to tell why a certain diode dies, some are simply tougher than others, others are weaker. With GGWs, deaths at reasonable currents are rare, but apparently, they do happen sometimes.

I think it's nothing else but statistics. Out of almost a hundred diodes, i expect a small number to die. The fact that it was yours is an unfortunate accident.

ESD is not a factor in battery powered lasers, you can't shock an ungrounded (and insulated) diode. That's why all my testing equipment is battery powered....

Putting together your module was free work, i don't know what to do now...

In any case, i set up a new email for laser related stuff only, in order to keep laser questions and orders separate from my personal email....

The email is in the forum link, writing there will get you the fastest answer, and allow me to clean up my personal email in peace.

And don't you still have another two on the way Glenn?

Yeah, I ask for a lot from our pal Igor, :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: I actually have 3 more on order, 8X in Rominsen, WF & a Kryton (6X ?), and 2 repaired to come back sooner or later... Glenn