Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: 1.8-2W 445nm Maglite 2C Laser!

lazeerer no problem buddy!:beer: Jeff is probably the better go to Member on this, but My services are available and I would do a quality rebuild using Jeff's Silicone wire. I just wanted others to know, so that Jeff doesn't have to do these by Himself.

Yep I'm up to my ears in things to do my major distraction is sitting here beside me, Dose any one know how to untie the knot on a bikini top :na:

How much do you guys wanna bet he is here now watching this thread? Thinking, "Damn, I F***ed up."

If he made a couple of grand off these things, I imagine he's laughing at us.

And quit gloating Jeff, not all of us are so lucky. heh. :p

Dose any one know how to untie the knot on a bikini top :na:

Slowly....

brazilian-bikini-top-PT31-thumbnail.jpg

IIRC, the first person to have trouble with Sparkle got the laser from him in person.

Why not just go confront him in person?

I think sparkles refused to meet in person, and wanted the laser dropped off 'at a buddy's' when the problems started.

Just got my repaired Sparkler from Flaminpyro and I couldn't be happier!

If you need your Sparkler rebuilt, Flaminpyro is definitely the man to go to... he built me a new driver to replace the one that shorted out, inserted a battery spacer into the laser to replace the ghetto foam tape around the batteries, attached an easily lost spring to the tail cap, and replaced a nonfunctional charger with a new quick charger.

Your cottonpickers charger didn't work either? I thought I just got unlucky lol. I plugged it in when I first received it with the sparkler and attached a battery to it to make sure it worked, and the light came on fine, and then the next time I hooked it up and actually wanted to charge the batteries, the light didn't come on or anything. I just dumped it and ended up buying a Pila IBC charger.

And I too fixed my sparkler yesterday. Redid all of the wires with FP's awesome wire, and made a battery spacer out of black pvc pipe.

How is the spring attached to the tailcap though? I couldn't figure out a good way to do that besides getting a wider spring...

SLPbum

Ya I ended up streaching my spring just a little bit, it still can fall out... but its easier to screw cap on and keep spring upright.

RDCII

Well two more sparklers will live now, I was supprised to find that one of them did have the phone wire soldered together at the point they were twisted but true to form neither had any insulation over that bare wire going to the diode and you can see in the photos the positive lead was about 1/64" of an inch away from the back of the heatsink :tsk:
Some more phone wire comming off.
sl5wdw.jpg

On this one they were soldered but not insulated :tsk:
1tq3qr.jpg

See how close the bare wires are to grounding out and maby killing the driver.
2u3v86r.jpg

The other diode lead.
2re16v6.jpg

This is how they both look now :D
15g4efl.jpg

jakeGT

Dude how retarded was this guy? He needs his @$$ whooped for stealing peoples money.

Everybody, screw soldering . Just tie the wires together! WHat were we thinking? Soldering... HA! Just a waste of time!!!!!

daguin

Dude how retarded was this guy? He needs his @$$ whooped for stealing peoples money.

Everybody, screw soldering . Just tie the wires together! WHat were we thinking? Soldering... HA! Just a waste of time!!!!!

This is what happens when "lowest price" becomes king :(

Peace,
dave