Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

First and Third Person shooter Games thread

DJNY

Also, did anybody notice how Far Cry has one of most realistic gun sounds in the game? Desert Eagle (ingame Falcon .357) in particular, not quite as "loud" but it's basically the same gunshot as in real life.

Anybody else played through it, wanna discuss strategies and levels? :D

I played it through back in March 2004 when it was released. No I played it till level 20 (I think?) where you have to fight ~20 big fat enimies. Tried it a few times and forget about it. Damn I wish I can finish the game right now. Hate it to stop playing an awesome game (graphics, sounds, KI) shortly before the end :gun:

The last level is Volcano... Try replaying it again. I'm sure you'll make it this time. If you get stuck, post here, I think I remember some strategies.

Anyhow, those monsters are called Trigens, and those with rocket launchers are called "Fat Boys". Shooting the little green light on their chest makes them become angry and yell for few seconds, giving you time to take precise aim and unload as much rounds as possible in the head. They usually take 6 shotgun rounds in point-blank range to drop down. Also, keep walking around them, at aproximately 3 meters distance. If you come closer they will pummel you, but if you back away they will shoot rockets. If you're close enough, they won't fire because they won't damage themselves.

EDITTO - Oh, I forgot, I took some screenshots from Mass Effect 2 on my last playthrough a while ago.
WARNING, could be some spoilers:

108866189-3.jpg

Oh, there's some people I forgot to kill.

108866114-3.jpg

O, hai!

108866343-3.jpg

Meh new aiming lazor. Mady it myself. Stand still when I'm talking to you!

108866486-3.jpg

Shit. Mordin, borrow yer umbrella?

108866551-3.jpg

I killed like, 24 people. -------- Don't care. Graphics awesome.

108866604-3.jpg

I am detecting some awesome graphics in your area. Taking screenshots is advisable".

108866658-3.jpg

108866845-3.jpg

Seriously Commander, move it already.

108867088-3.jpg

Hey man, have you seen the plot around here somewhere?

108867216-3.jpg

It has air condition too!

108867313-3.jpg

Hey Mordin, is it just me or does this palm tree look like a giant dong? --- Shut up. Graphics amazing. Must take samples. And screenshots.

108867376-3.jpg

Mordin, your shitty cellphone better make this one look right.

108867580-3.jpg

Wow, this is so better than Star Wars. Girls, don't poke eachother's eyes out now.

108867651-3.jpg

Shephard, you're drunk. ---- Who ah you?!

108867960-3.jpg

Shephard-commander. We have detected your lasers are very old technology.

108868009-3.jpg

Hey Miranda, where can I get myself some of those talking orbs?

108868070-3.jpg

Hostiles incoming!
108868139-3.jpg

Waaait let me just take this one more photo. Graphics they've got in this place are amazing. Too bad they are constantly shooting us.

108868212-3.jpg

Oohkay, I think I'd just prefer being shot at.

Also, submit your best craptions!

Last edited:
Already discussed with him, Dr Evil :) He's from Croatia as well.

Anyhow, since this thread has been bumped, I'd like to add couple more shots and opinions:
111961714-3.jpg

111961734-3.jpg

111961757-3.jpg

111961792-3.jpg

Those are from my SEVENTH playthrough of Mass Effect.

Now, playing ME1 after a while of playing ME2 is sure refreshing. Games are as different as they appear to be on first glance.

I really really preffered unlimited ammunition system of the first game ...

But graphics of the second.

Anybody here knows how to, or knows somebody who knows, modding in Unreal Engine 3.5?

I have the idea formulated for making ME2 most epic game ever. As if it's not already, but still.

Anybody else got hooked up to Mass Effect in the meantime? :D

I'm getting caries. Mass effect 2 for PC does not support Gamepads. :(

HIMNL9

What is a gamepad ? ..... something edible ?

(never ever used one, i hate them :p)

I know many gamers hate it but if you game at your sofa at the big screen it is much comfy !

Last edited:
Maybe it's comfy, but you cannot argue with precision and speed of keyboard+mouse setup. As much as gamepad is intended for gaming, there's no console player that'll beat a PC player in same game (provided they are both equally skillful).

Mass Effect 2 does provide aiming assistance for real console-like experience, so you're good to go there. It does support gamepad, from what I've seen.

Really not. I found a Patch but dont know where to install it. :undecided:

Really not. I found a Patch but dont know where to install it. :undecided:
You should simply execute the patch, and it'll automatically install into game directory and patch game's files.

Or is it some other type of patch, fan-made? I have never dealt with those...

Besides, Mass Effect keeps you on the edge of your seat. Kind of difficult with a sofa :D

OMG, my copy of Crysis 2 PC just got posted... should arrive in my mailbox within then next ten days... and my 3D renderer is like almost THREE YEARS OLD (... and my OS is even older...)

*queues in the "Psyho" soundtrack... eee-eee-eee-eee!*

I'm f#&ked! Or...? I've got a...

EVGA e-GeForce 9800 GTX "SSC"
770MHz, 512M GDDR3 @1150MHz
256-bit bus, 32Pl, 64TUs @1500MHz, 16RP
DX 10.0
Shader 4.0
OpenGL 2.0

Still running on Windows XP

I guess running Crysis 2 with DX9.0C and a relic of a graphics card is gonna be less than an Earth-shattering experience, huh... :undecided:

=Addendum=
I just made the min req... :|

"Our PC fans will be excited to know that we’ve finalized the PC minimum system requirements for Crysis 2. Check them out below!
PC Minimum System Requirements
Operating system: Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7, with the latest Service Pack
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo at 2Ghz, or AMD Athlon 64 x2 2Ghz, or better
Memory: 2Gb (Vista requires 3Gb)
Hard disk space: 9Gb
Video: NVidia 8800GT with 512Mb RAM, ATI 3850HD with 512Mb RAM, or better
Sound: DirectX Compatible Sound Card
DirectX®: 9.0c

Controller support? Microsoft Xbox360 Controller for Windows

Any special multiplayer requirements? Internet Connection Required

Internet connection also required for a one-time authorization when the game installed/first run."

Last edited:

DJNY

What I´ve heard, your configuration should be fine to play Crysis2 fluidly, of course not with the highest settings. They add DX11 soon.

I ordered it for my PS3 but cancelled it after playing the Demo version. It was much fun, but the continous connection truncations forced me to cancell the order and play BF Bad Company 2 again :beer:

Traveller - I think you'll be able to run it at the max settings. That is if you want to call them max settings. I have a single Radeon 4870 and it doesn't have any problems. Let's just say Crysis 2 is running sh***y console graphics. I'm royally pissed. Console FPS gaming sucks in more than one way. It takes away from the nice graphics the PC gamers should be getting. There are four graphics settings that you can currently change in game:

1. resolution
2. v-sync
3. fullscreen
4. system spec

How Crytek doomed Crysis 2's PC version - DasReviews

Words can't describe how much I hate crytek right now.