Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

F**k you windows

When i watch movies from my computer on my TV i use VLC media player(plays anything!) and just HDMI cable it out to the TV. Whats your setup righy now, perhaps there are other ways of getting your movies on your TV

Sorry daguin.
I do not have crappy hardware.
Im not blaming windows for conversion speed.
Im blaming it for rebooting without permission. This also happens sometimes while playing a game. It asks if i want to install updates and reboot on the background, so there is no way to see the message.
And i can blame it for a 100 things more.
Windows is the worst piece of software ever, and after windows comes itunes.
2 nessacary evils unfortunatly.
I have a intel i3 of 2,23ghz wich plays all games 100% fine in combination of the ati hd 5870.
Not that much power but not crappy.

Gryphon I do it the same as You on My Lappy! VLC & HDMI is the way to go, and I'll never buy another LapTop unless it has HDMI. VLC even lets You play incomplete files, and I'll sometimes check a torrent in the middle of a download to verify it's what I wanted.

HIMNL9

..... and after windows comes itunes.
2 nessacary evils unfortunatly......

"Necessary" itunes ? ..... what's itunes ? :p

I never used itunes in all my life (and my music archive actually is almost 1Tb, still growing), and i can use all the MP3 players i want (except poor cr*ppy things like sony or apple, that anyway i don't use also if you pay me for do that :p :D) so, what make it necessary ? ;)

"Necessary" itunes ? ..... what's itunes ? :p

I never used itunes in all my life (and my music archive actually is almost 1Tb, still growing), and i can use all the MP3 players i want (except poor cr*ppy things like sony or apple, that anyway i don't use also if you pay me for do that :p :D) so, what make it necessary ? ;)
buy a iphone/ipad/ipod and see ;)

Grix

I have an ipod and I use foobar2k with ipod manager for syncing.

HIMNL9

buy a iphone/ipad/ipod and see ;)

The basical question is still the same ..... why i have to buy one of them and get problems, when other items do similar 8or better) functions without the same problems ? :p :D

(maybe you can't notice it, from my posts, but i don't like too much apple products :D)

EDIT: Except the ones that grow on trees, ofcourse :p :D

The basical question is still the same ..... why i have to buy one of them and get problems, when other items do similar 8or better) functions without the same problems ? :p :D

(maybe you can't notice it, from my posts, but i don't like too much apple products :D)

EDIT: Except the ones that grow on trees, ofcourse :p :D

oh now i see. ive misread.

yes well i do like the stuff apple makes...but itunes is just a pain in the ass.

The only thing I use Itunes for is to make the initial "library folder?"
but the 6gen nano touch I got my girlfriend for xmas is too new, floola won't touch it and I don't know of any that will...
Microsoft and apple have some heavy handed programming tactics and I would go to any other user friendly OS.
My PSP was the same story, full custom firmware later it is a user friendly mobile gaming device with everything I want ^_^

*edit* 555 posts, am I "brilliant" or what? :na:

Last edited:
Sorry daguin.
I do not have crappy hardware.
Im not blaming windows for conversion speed.
Im blaming it for rebooting without permission. This also happens sometimes while playing a game. It asks if i want to install updates and reboot on the background, so there is no way to see the message.
And i can blame it for a 100 things more.
Windows is the worst piece of software ever, and after windows comes itunes.
2 nessacary evils unfortunatly.
I have a intel i3 of 2,23ghz wich plays all games 100% fine in combination of the ati hd 5870.
Not that much power but not crappy.
the i3 is your bottleneck I have an "older" system with an e8400 in it at 4.05ghz and it takes about 3 hours to convert a blu-ray

that said my amd phenom x4 965 black edition at 6.5ghz with 4 cores does it in 10-15 minutes and the burning takes a few minutes after that

you can also try to find a better and more efficiant program, last time i was burning dvd's and blu-rays i was using nero

I'm assuming he means the sum of all 4 cores, in which case each core is running at 1.625GHz.

Without liquid nitrogen, you physically can't hit 6.5GHz and keep it there.

On top of that, the i3 should easily match the E8400 in terms of video conversion.

It should never take a full 6 hours. You've either got the settings wrong, or the program isn't doing it's job very efficiently.

I'm assuming he means the sum of all 4 cores, in which case each core is running at 1.625GHz.

Without liquid nitrogen, you physically can't hit 6.5GHz and keep it there.

On top of that, the i3 should easily match the E8400 in terms of video conversion.

It should never take a full 6 hours. You've either got the settings wrong, or the program isn't doing it's job very efficiently.

no i mean on all 4 cores... its 3.4 stock
65ghz.png

but for normal every day use

4.4ghz is enough to surf the internet and play wow
4400.png