Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

F**k you windows

my pc takes 6 hours to convert a movie so it will play on our TV.
i almost didnt play games on my pc yesterday because the conversion. now today i wanted to do the last part....it was 90% finished...
but after i came home the pc was restarted.

apparently because some "important" updates...

f**k this OS. the only reason i use it is because compability.

Last edited by a moderator:

i keep automatic updates off and it only takes about 10 minutes for movie conversion with windows dvd maker...maybe another 5-10 to burn

i keep automatic updates off and it only takes about 10 minutes for movie conversion with windows dvd maker...maybe another 5-10 to burn

10 minutes? do you haved 20ghz?
I use xilisoft software....and it takes 6 hours to do a movie of 2 hours...from divx to mp4... with highest bluray qualities.

and where can i shut off those updates? will it also stop "important" updates?

not 20 only 6.5ghz on a quad core. I don't remember how i did it, but there should be something on youtube on it. you can also look it up

Windows is just Great!

I have been fixing BS from windows for so long, some University should give me a honorary degree in computer science!
Good luck with your conversion

Go to the Control Panel open Security Center, and turn off Automatic Updating.

Grix

What the hell dude, why blame Windows? You either have crappy hardware or crappy conversion program/settings. Your OS has nothing to do with the conversion speed. It's also your own fault for not turning off automatic updates.

HIMNL9

Use Autopatcher for updates, and keep the automatic updates off ..... it left you install only the ones you want (opposite as windows updater do) ..... and it still download all them from microsoft site, so they are all official updates, not fake or bad ones ;) .

anselm

Well duh! Yeah windows sucks big time, always has, everybody knows that.
Try running linux for a while. You can always use "wine" to run almost any windows app.
If you MUST have M$ windows, at least stick to XP.

ped

XP is much worse than Win7.

Exactly.

Windows 7 is the most stable Windows OS i've used, and I work in the "industry" , People clinging on to WinXP , let it go, its dead...gone. Vista sucked balls, but even then, it worked for me, but i had decent hardware.

6hrs to convert a movie is insane, even at the highest quality setting..what hardware do you have?

EDIT , Linux (as much as i like it) isnt a viable option untill they make it more user freindly, that said i do like Ubuntu & Knoppix.

anselm

OK I have to admit that I stopped updating windows when Vista came out (for obvious reasons),
and by the time Windows 7 came around and was established as being quite good,
my machines were (still are) all too old to consider win7.
I never felt the need for 7, is it necessery to run certain apps?

So yeah I usually keep both OSs on the comp, but windows gets used mostly for games only.
I would hate it if I had to do programming under windows. *shudder*
is so damn
user friendly
it's not even funny.

Last edited:

daguin

I just spent 10 minutes cleaning up the language in this thread.

It is much easier to delete a thread than it is to individually edit each post.

First, please watch your own language. I do not have a problem with it. However, many of our members do and we do have underage members.

Second, if the OP has unacceptable language in the subject, go to advanced edit to change the subject of your post. Then when anyone quotes your post, the edited subject line will be propagated. If there is unacceptable language in a post, edit the quote.

This will protect your threads and posts from being deleted. I (nor any of the other mods) want to spend our time editing words. More often the thread will just be deleted. I do not want that to happen AND I do not want to have the software act as your "nanny."

Peace,
dave

HIMNL9

^ uh ? ..... sorry, i thoughd i haven't posted bad words (i can be wrong, but i really don't remember) :confused:

Your quote contained the original title, with the F-Word in it.

Edit: Post 2,300