Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

External Lens Springs | SMOOTH focusing | WORKS with G Lenses!

Haha, you guys are killing me here!

Sorry bud but still isn't worth. Make it 4$ for 10 springs & 10$ for 30 springs. :beer:

I don't even get these springs that cheap my friend!

Please bear in mind, these springs are custom-made, manufactured here in North America (not China). They aren't mass produced springs intended for other purposes. I designed these for our uses: to provide smooth focusing (with polished, flat ends) and have a very low solid height to enable use with the G lenses, and with lots of room for over-focus. Spring rate has also been tweaked to make it very similar to the Aixiz springs.

They were also made in relatively small quantities, so I apologize but I cannot compete with that kind of pricing.

With that being said, I do hear your concerns. I've tweak the pricing system a bit and drop the price on the higher quantities as low as I'm willing to go. Any lower and this would be a waste of my time to continue.

Updated Prices
Sample (1 piece) -- $5.00 + free shipping to North America or $2 International
(2-9 pieces) ------ $3.00 each
(10-19 pieces) ---- $2.50 each
(>20 pieces) ------ $2.00 each

Hopefully this will bring in some sales... Have a good one LPF!
Ryan

Last edited:

Your pricing is better. But not great. What possessed you to sell these for double what you are selling them for now? $40 for 20 doesnt sounds too bad. I think we can find cheaper though.

I have been following this thread from the beginning and thought Id finally comment. Whilst I personally think that the prices Ryan is charging were, and still are, relatively high, I think he has the right to charge what he wants for his products. People complaining about the price simply need not buy. Many sellers here charge excessive amounts on their websites outside of LPF and that is their business. If they manage to survive with the competition then good for them. :beer:

Alright guys, I thought my revision of the pricing system was a bit too complicated. I'm making it plain and simple:

Sample spring for $5
2 or more springs for $2 each

Your pricing is better. But not great. What possessed you to sell these for double what you are selling them for now? $40 for 20 doesnt sounds too bad. I think we can find cheaper though.

I priced them right below the hobby market prices, which I initially thought was a good decision. It seems LPF nowadays just want cheaper and cheaper things.

About finding cheaper options...
You and I might be able to get a better price if we go get these from China and spend hours searching for one already designed and made that is mass produced that would fit (hopefully without modifications) or risk getting stuck with large quantities of useless springs.

Or..
You can opt for a specialized American product designed for you that works for all your lenses and requires no time on your part, for just $2.

I don't know about you, but I would much rather choose the latter =P

Last edited:

daguin

I have been following this thread from the beginning and thought Id finally comment. Whilst I personally think that the prices Ryan is charging were, and still are, relatively high, I think he has the right to charge what he wants for his products. People complaining about the price simply need not buy. Many sellers here charge excessive amounts on their websites outside of LPF and that is their business. If they manage to survive with the competition then good for them. :beer:

Sometimes people forget that "rights" cut both ways. ;)
One member's "rights" cannot eliminate or restrict another member's "rights"

Ryan has the right to charge whatever he wants to.
Other members have the right to say that he is charging too much or to show that the product can be had elsewhere for less.

There is a long tradition in this forum to work and look for the absolute lowest prices possible and then to share those prices with others

We mostly keep what people charge to "outsiders" (e.g. at their retail website) as between the seller and the buyer.
People who are not members of the forum do not get the benefits that members get

Here on the forum, we watch out for each others' wallets :san:

Peace,
dave

Sometimes people forget that "rights" cut both ways. ;)
One member's "rights" cannot eliminate or restrict another member's "rights"

Ryan has the right to charge whatever he wants to.
Other members have the right to say that he is charging too much or to show that the product can be had elsewhere for less.

There is a long tradition in this forum to work and look for the absolute lowest prices possible and then to share those prices with others

We mostly keep what people charge to "outsiders" (e.g. at their retail website) as between the seller and the buyer.
People who are not members of the forum do not get the benefits that members get

Here on the forum, we watch out for each others' wallets :san:

Peace,
dave

Thats quite correct and I totally agree, but what about the for example the lens springs from SL. How come there isnt an uproar about the prices of those. In fact SL is pomoted very heavily here, and even by myself, but there is no discussion about their prices? I'm not trying to start an argument here, but Id like to understand how some sellers can charge much higher prices and remain unchecked or at least exempt from scrutiny. :thinking: and :beer:

AnthoT

Thats quite correct and I totally agree, but what about the for example the lens springs from SL. How come there isnt an uproar about the prices of those. In fact SL is pomoted very heavily here, and even by myself, but there is no discussion about their prices? I'm not trying to start an argument here, but Id like to understand how some sellers can charge much higher prices and remain unchecked or at least exempt from scrutiny. :thinking: and :beer:

Yeah, I think his new pricing isn't bad at all, sure you can get some from eBay for 10$ for 50$ or something close to that but getting small quantity custom made objects especially when it's not coming from china can be pretty expensive, and for those saying the shipping is expensive then it really does cost that much. Canada Post is way to expensive for shipping these small light objects.
BTW that shipping method is usually pretty fast also ;) it's in my opinion the quickest non tracked method ;) I've had that method get to Europe in 3 business days :)

and for those saying the shipping is expensive then it really does cost that much. Canada Post is way to expensive for shipping these small light objects.
BTW that shipping method is usually pretty fast also ;) it's in my opinion the quickest non tracked method ;) I've had that method get to Europe in 3 business days :)

Wow 3 days! Holy c**p ;) I wasnt even going to mention shipping, I've had postage costs vary from $3 upto $17 for standard international post and all on small, light comparable items...anyway thats a different story! :beer:

AnthoT

Wow 3 days! Holy c**p ;) I wasnt even going to mention shipping, I've had postage costs vary from $3 upto $17 for standard international post and all on small, light comparable items...anyway thats a different story! :beer:

Yeah only once it happened, other then that it's like 10 days lol :p

The one spring is free shipping. So if you buy two plus four dollars (if in the U.S.) It's going to cost you eight dollars where only one would cost you five total.

grainde - Who on this thread asked Ryan to lower prices for he's
custom springs? Ryan can sell these springs for any arbitrary amount he wishes. He posted a sales thread and he'es entitled to the response it deserves. He's the only one that can control
the kind of feedback he will receive.

If someone asked him to lower he's prices for any reason i think i can speak for most of the forum in saying it wouldn't be tolerated.