Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

External Lens Springs | SMOOTH focusing | WORKS with G Lenses!

Yeah.. Canada Post shipping on very light, small items is very expensive. We need better price scaling on weight/size.

Alright, well only 1 spring has been sold so far, pretty sad. Seems like external springs are a waste of time. I was expecting a much better response from the community, but it is how it is.

On a side note, I've been seeing some of you say, this is "only a spring". But it's not so simple, when I spoke to the manufacturer about my specifications, he told me these springs are "not easy to make", because of how small the wire is, it requires high precision tooling and that adds to the cost.

At this point, I'm really doing this for you guys, I barely make anything on top of the sample spring costs and by the time I post this to the post office, the fuel, time and packaging costs will have already drove that into a loss.

Last edited:

daguin

Thats quite correct and I totally agree, but what about the for example the lens springs from SL. How come there isnt an uproar about the prices of those. In fact SL is pomoted very heavily here, and even by myself, but there is no discussion about their prices? I'm not trying to start an argument here, but Id like to understand how some sellers can charge much higher prices and remain unchecked or at least exempt from scrutiny. :thinking: and :beer:

First, the "comments" are NOT from the admin of the forum.
The members themselves decide what to comment on

Second, you will notice that your link takes you to an "outside" website.
I already commented about outside websites
There are many members here that have outside websites.
Being a member here does NOT require someone to have the same pricing here and at their websites.

If SL made a thread about his springs here, members would be free to comment about his pricing of them

Peace,
dave

Wow... I just did some actual calculations, forgot about paypal's cut, I'm actually losing money at all quantities, not just with the sample.

I'll have to adjust it sorry people... It's just a little more and it won't be a nice number but don't freak out lol.

& dpup, the springs you just ordered will still be what you ordered :beer:

Have a good one people,
Ryan

AnthoT

I got the springs today and they work great :)

I'm using a glass lens for 445 & it really is smoother then others I'm Not joking, they don't resist much & work great.

Thanks Ryan :beer:

Last edited:
Sorry about your bland sales Ryan, but perhaps you should have done a feeler or a preview of the springs and then have decided whether to order them or not. : )

Good luck! :beer: