Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

dx true 5

Mine arrived today!

A little disappointed with the packaging - the foam inserts in the box that hold the pen/batts in place are no where near deep enough in two out of the three units I ordered, that the pen/batts are basically loose inside the box :(

I'm still waiting for my laserbee... would have been here if customs hadn't held it for two days :/

got 3 of my DX true 5s in today.
I don't have an LPM, so i just had to test with the naked eye.
From looking at the beam against a black background, all three looked about the same.
I compared them to my 5mW Ebay greenie and they look either the same, or a little dimmer.

This was done with the stock tianqiu batteries that they came with.
I have not tried pot modding them yet. I probably will tomorrow.

yea the last 6 i have got were about 7-11 mw instead of 35-75 mw looks like they are actually testing these somewhat now

darn
i was hoping for a 30 or 50 mw =[
Do you think it's still possible with a potmod?

hahaa awesome.
what current do you set them to?
can you burn with these pot modded ones?

just got home.. yup. they were waiting for me at home :)

now the joy of pulling them apart..

hahaa awesome.
what current do you set them to?
can you burn with these pot modded ones?

I wouldn't use the batteries that they come with, but that's just me. These seem to be the same as the 50mw model, just turned down. I have mine set at 290ma, bob sets his as 299ma (Probably the only laser that I am running a lower current compared to bob, lol). I think when I get a few more in, I'm gonna push the 320-330 mark. Hell why not for $10, lol. He shows the currents here:

http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/dx-true-5mw-green-review-43006.html#post566596

The info that john_lawson and bob_boyce provide is so very helpful!

well.. so... after uber mutilation of the end cap... i got the module out. no DMM on me now.. so i'll set the current higher tomorrow when i am able to measure it.

as it is.. it works as a great star pointer. beam visible at low light conditions. :)
me happy.

well.. so... after uber mutilation of the end cap... i got the module out. no DMM on me now.. so i'll set the current higher tomorrow when i can actually be able to measure it.

as it is.. it works as a great star pointer. beam visible at low light conditions. :)
me happy.

Same with me. I don't know how John and bob get these off without damaging them. Oh wait I think I know, they are laser freaks! Hey Shogoki, why no laserchat?

yeah im still trying to figure out how to do this without ruining the housing..
on my ebay one, you can see where the clamps ate away at the black rubber.
the housing and end cap are all messed up..
I don't wanna mess my brand new dx true 5 up ='[

yeah im still trying to figure out how to do this without ruining the housing..
on my ebay one, you can see where the clamps ate away at the black rubber.
the housing and end cap are all messed up..
I don't wanna mess my brand new dx true 5 up ='[

I started that way also, then I just said "gash darn this blessed thing" (yea that was it). And then tore this thing to shreds, and put the module in my rayfoss host, lol.

at least you had a host to put it into haha.
I have to keep it in its current housing.. DANGIT!
wish i had more money lol.
I just joined this forums not too long ago and im already poor! stupid lasers....

at least you had a host to put it into haha.
I have to keep it in its current housing.. DANGIT!
wish i had more money lol.
I just joined this forums not too long ago and im already poor! stupid lasers....

Yea I'm also poor at the moment, check my sig, lol.

I tested my True 5's output. One was 14mw, and the other two 19/20mw.

Going to try and take the 14 apart :)

Back