Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DTR's Laser Shop - Laser Diodes & More

Hi, I have a few questions about some things I would like to order from DTR (unrelated to the recent G-ball diodes discussion haha)

1. What is the total assembled length of a full solid copper 12mm module, and how about one with a half back?
2. If running at 4.5A output, powering a NUMB44-V2, with 2 Li-Ion cells in series on the input; is there a difference in using the Super X-drive vs the ACS4500BU? In my case either driver would be heatsinked to a flat surface on the host body. I will not use TTL of the SXD, nor the push button option of the ACS4500.
The only difference I can tell then is that one side of the ACS4500 is unpopulated, and it is a little bit larger than the SXD. Are they both about equally efficient?

DTR

The main differences are the TTL option on the SXD and the ACS units have no components on the underside designed to be flat mounted for heatsinking the driver. The SXD is mounted via the 8 pin chip to heatsink it.

No difference with that configuration. Both will deliver 4.5A to the diode.

They are both very efficient but I have not done a comparison test to see which one is better.

See this for the assembled lengths of the 12mm copper mount with the full length solid and half length solid backs.🍺

DTR

Sorry guys I have not been posting much in the last couple weeks. I usually don't post much personal stuff but I might also now be hard to get hold of for the next several days so if you don't hear back from me you can shoot Augie an email or PM here. He is in the shop every day and keeping everything moving along so no worries on order delays. They are all going out as normal I just might not be easy to get hold of.
AUG@DTRsLaserShop.com
PM https://laserpointerforums.com/members/aug.56878/

Off topic sad bits..
My poor girl that has keep me company for the last 12 years is in last few days.
About a year ago the Vet said some bloodwork indicated Leukemia.
She had not had any signs of it till about three weeks ago I noticed a bump and then another a few days later. It has been pretty bad and don't want to get into a lot of it here but it was out of the blue and extremely aggressive.
So sorry if I have not been very responsive or posting much.

p1013836.jpgZoie&Maggie.jpg

Mag's Day Night Cart ride.jpgMag's Day Cart Ride-2.jpg
Mag's Day Treats.jpg

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
No problem, Jordan, "family" is always first; We're hoping for the best for your girl. (y)

My old buddy Petey was recently found to have cancer, but we're hoping the vet got it in time.

The everyday struggles seem so important until we are reminded of what really matters in our lives and times like this remind me of how much I miss loved ones and furry friends who have passed, everyone will grow to know this part of life and Jordan you always give such a high level of support to your friends here and we do appreciate it, hang in there and take care man.

Snecho

This hits me in the feels. I've had my dog for 15 years now. While he doesn't have any serious ailment yet, he's been very sad, slow and has multiple injuries. Thinking about his old days when he was so happy and full of energy makes me sad. But my parents refuse to take him to the vet. :(

Wishing you the best of luck man.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I'm sorry to hear that Jordan. Pets make a brilliant addition to a family, but always heartbreaking when you illness hits. Take care.

DTR

What's going on Jordan?
OK either I have lost my mind which is possible or I am guessing some server issues happened right after I went offline and Cold had to load a previous backup. There are quite a few posts missing most replies to the large revisions I added to the two posts above. Sorry guys that must be confusing for some that came after.

Here is a part of the updated message I wrote and saved off site while I was writing it and then updated that last now strange looking message above.

I decided to put the off topic sad stuff in spoilers.

Just icing on the cake for my week now lost three long emotional posts so sorry if I don't get to replying again to all the great heartfelt messages above. Thank you guys for all the words and I for all those that shared their painful memories....

Backup of part of my second message.

Thank you all as usual for the words support.

Ok so never write a very very long message when editing a post instead of the post a message field which has the auto draft feature....

I will have to redo it later. I did shoot out it when half finished which was why I edited with a non message - saved - edited cut back in the text and then finished the post. Right at the end went to get this video and when I came back accidently hit "members" link and poof... If the email notification showed the text that one of you guys have maybe shoot it back over but think I had already made the spoiler preview. Doubtful it would be there.

Anyway thanks guys for the support. Everyone that has a pet will go though this. It is part of the bargain that we have to agree to when bringing a new companion into our lives and our hearts. It is hard to let go and my last pup died of cancer and made some bad choices which were driven by the heart to do a low chance of success operation and then not letting her go quick enough when it came back. It is hard to let go. Tears at your sole but given time for reflection I came to realize that I did a real disservice to the loyalty, friendship and love she gave by not letting her go. We are going today and barring them telling me it is not time which I doubt they will... Could not sleep.

Anyway lots of love and I have had great support from those that love her and specially my girlfriend which has been awesome. She actually surprised Maggie(really me) by going to a doggy bake shop(what) and got all kinds of crazy stuff like that bone shaped cake looking thing with here name in what looks like icing. That was so cute.

I also have my young pup Zoie which I got a year ago in my sadness sometime after the vet said Maggie's blood work indicated leukemia. A year later with no sign and both these two I had almost forgot they said that and maybe they were wrong. Unfortunately not.

Zoie.jpg

Don't watch if you don't enjoy a good cry.

Last edited:

Snecho

Ok eaither I have lost my mind which is possible or I am guessing soem server issues happened right after I went offline and Cold had to load a previous backup. There are quite a few posts missing most replies to the large revisions I added to the two posts above. Sorry guys that must be confusing for some that came after.

Here is a part of the updated message I wrote and saved off site while I was writing it and then updated that last now strange looking message above.

I decided to put the off topic sad stuff in spoilers.

Just icing on the cake for my week now lost three long emotional posts so sorry if I don't get to replying again to all the great heartfelt messages above. Thank you guys for all the words and I for all those that shared their painful memories....

Backup of part of my second message.

Thank you all as usual for the words support.

Ok so never write a very very long message when editing a post instead of the post a message field which has the auto draft feature....

I will have to redo it later. I did shoot out it when half finished which was why I edited with a non message - saved - edited cut back in the text and then finished the post. Right at the end went to get this video and when I came back accidently hit "members" link and poof... If the email notification showed the text that one of you guys have maybe shoot it back over but think I had already made the spoiler preview. Doubtful it would be there.

Anyway thanks guys for the support. Everyone that has a pet will go though this. It is part of the bargain that we have to agree to when bringing a new companion into our lives and our hearts. It is hard to let go and my last pup died of cancer and made some bad choices which were driven by the heart to do a low chance of success operation and then not letting her go quick enough when it came back. It is hard to let go. Tears at your sole but given time for reflection I came to realize that I did a real disservice to the loyalty, friendship and love she gave by not letting her go. We are going today and barring them telling me it is not time which I doubt they will... Could not sleep.

Anyway lots of love and I have had great support from those that love her and specially my girlfriend which has been awesome. She actually surprised Maggie(really me) by going to a doggy bake shop(what) and got all kinds of crazy stuff like that bone shaped cake looking thing with here name in what looks like icing. That was so cute.

I also have my young pup Zoie which I got a year ago in my sadness sometime after the vet said Maggie's bloodwork indicated leukemia. A year later with no sign and both these two I had almost forgot they said that and maybe they were wrong. Unfortunately not.

View attachment 66722

Don't watch if you don't enjoy a good cry.

Just as sad as it was the first time. I'm sorry Jordan :(