Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

DTR's Laser Shop - Laser Diodes & More

RedCowboy

LPF Site Supporter
The NUBM07 could be used with GBall intact by placing another backwards GBall inline or I have used a backwards G2 but a backwards GBall would be better, then your normal collimating lens, the divergence out of the backwards GBall will be in theory the same as the raw output.

Last edited:

DTR

LPF Site Supporter
:LOL: Yes, Jordan, that is the same diode. I have another unused one in my stock, but thought it would be easier to exchange the diode in the NDB7675 build with my M462 since it has a 1.8 amp X-Drive. Then I can use the 2.4 amp driver in a new host with the NDB7675. Felt like the thing to do as I got very little shift in wavelength on that diode at 1.8 amps.
You know now I think of it I did not offer those NDB7675 20mm 2.7A overdrive units for very long as they went out of stock after maybe two weeks of offering them and did not relist them any of the times they came back in stock but I had sent out maybe 15-20 of them even with the big warning about accepting the risk. I had assume I would have had heard back about how long they lived. I was of the opinion they would would be dropping like decanned G-Ball diodes in china made 8W/10W/15W CNC modules.🥴

I don't think I can recall anyone letting me know they lost one.🤔

The NUBM07 could be used with GBall intact by placing another backwards GBall inline or I have used a backwards G2 but a backwards GBall would be better, then your normal collimating lens, the divergence out of the backwards GBall will be in theory the same as the raw output.
Yea and I do want to make an adapter that can thread in my modules to hold the extra lenses but what I have seen on those units they want the colimator to be as short a focal length as possible even preferring some F2 named colimmator that I think has a shorter focal length than the DTR-G-2 to get a nice correction with the multi mode diode.

when you use a longer focal length first then correct it starts out fatter does it not? You guys are certainly better understanding the characteristics of different optic systems but if it does work as the light show projectors like the beams to be for both even combining and a beam that looks nice from many different angels.

I just am thinking of say if you have a beam traveling straight away from you that is diverging quite badly it may not look like it is diverging at all from your perspective like pointing NUBM44 into the night sky with a G lens does not look that bad to me. But if I am standing say 100 feet away and the beam is heading towed me at an angle over my head that same beam would look like am crazy bright flashlight beam going up in the sky. Matching of beams is also important for the bleeding efect. Anyway typing too fast got to go watch the game but wanted to reply on hat for your and Chris's thoughts on this for that purpose. Go Blues.🍺

hoo7h

Hi Jordan! Is the N465nm coming back anytime soon? I doppred mine and it broke, been waiting for months to replace it :(