Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

DTR G8 lens

RedCowboy

I had Rich/Lifetime17 make some threaded adaptors for me and I have found them to be useful for many purposes, granted a longer copper module would work well for the G7 and G8 lenses but these also do well if you want to lock down an infinity focus.

---edit---
Also these 24x30mm aluminum housings have a long threaded portion for the M9*0.5 lens barrels if you want to set the focus but likely won't accommodate a thumb wheel on the standard length lens barrel although I have not tested a G8 at it's FL in one yet.

Last edited:

Spoomples

Odd question: Are these always darkly colored, or do they sometimes have the standard brass look?

Lifetime17

LPF Site Supporter
Hi,
DTR;s G8 aspherical lenses are a dark color, so are the 3 and 2 element lenses, The only brass color lens is the G2.

Rich:)

LASER66

G2

Here is the lens china ripped off and became G2.

You can see the FL = 4.02mm. Also, WD = BFL

You should go back and edit your posts so people in the future don't get the wrong info.

I too have noticed the 3E are not all the same. The half threads always seem better regardless of where i bought them.
WOW, thanks for the using the term Ripped Off. Yeal, copied and/ or made up the drawings.

LASER66

All the talk about G-2... Is it the fake G-2 or Genuine 405-G-2 ? Likely some of the comparisons of older builds may be the fake / more recent G-2's- uncoated. How does it compare to the Genuine 405-G-2? Does anyone have one they know are real and can test/ compare? DTR? Real 405-G-2's have a slightly modified, multi- layer A coating shifted down for better performance at 405nm. It was developed for original 405nm Nichia diodes. We used that lens to match up nicely with the $2000 Sanyo diodes at 5mW, yes about $1800 wholesale. That was just prior to LPF tests of the 405's offered in the PS3's and later sleds with 3 wavelengths- oh, those were the days!