Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Do you enjoy the Reputation system of LPF?

Do you enjoy the rep system?

• Yes I do.

Votes: 16 66.7%
  • Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • No, I do not.

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's just my airy and meaningless contribution to this thread. Instead of posting gratuitous images and
videos as some others had done, I instead chose to post gratuitous words. That's just how I roll.

THIS+IS+HOW+I+ROLL_c88d03_4127022.jpg

Perhaps that was more "appropriate." :confused:

IsaacT

I enjoyed that pic very much :D

It's just my airy and meaningless contribution to this thread. Instead of posting gratuitous images and
videos as some others had done, I instead chose to post gratuitous words. That's just how I roll.

THIS+IS+HOW+I+ROLL_c88d03_4127022.jpg

Perhaps that was more "appropriate." :confused:

I accidentally neg repped Ped a while back when I meant to do the opposite. someone with twice my rep power should fix that:angel:

It's usually pretty entertaining to click on the profile of someone with a blood-red rep bar and read the reasons why people neg-repped the person, and the posts that spawned it.

I assume this isn't considered a necro. (it's still right at the top of the list)

I'd vote the middle option. I think like all forms of rep/thanks/like system it's a nice idea and the implementation is sound, but its use by the member base can be flawed. There is some mutual back scratching that goes on, and I have witnessed it first hand - but that's human nature. What I AM happy about is that people who have a full set of green bars aren't considered untouchable - when a certain well known member here was finally banned it surprised and pleased me at the same time - I had seen some of their "not so nice" posts and was one of the reasons I didn't sign up sooner.

I'm just thankful that people aren't too gung-ho with rep here, as I have used another forum where red bars were thrown about constantly for really silly things. If I remember rightly mods would also use it as a sort of way to chastise people they didn't like. Needless to say I didn't stay.

I have given one or two neg reps myself, all of them with great hesitation and usually some level of guilty feeling afterwards - and judging by people's responses getting a neg rep DOES affect their views and likeliness to "repeat offend".

Last edited:
Still not real sure how the whole thing works, guessing it is a bit like the feedback thing for ebay without the reminder to give feedback!

2007Revolution, THAT IS NOT HOW WE SANG THAT SONG IN PRIMARY SCHOOL! It has been corrupted! :crackup:

But never fear I have given Rep for whatever it is worth!

Do members know who gave you positive or negative rep? my rep goes up and down but never know why.

and why did the poll close so quickly only 24 people got to vote?

Last edited:

Tmack

Go to your profile and look at your reputation :) you'll see who did what and why

I like reading the comments I receive. I do wish the comments wouldn't scroll off the page though. As for negative rep, my ground rule on that is that I won't neg-rep people, I don't really see a need for it. If their post is dull or uninteresting then I can just ignore it, if it contains wrong info I can correct it, and if it violates the forum rules at that point I'll just report the post.

I've never neg repd anyone and probably never will if you deserve It from me you will most likely be banned anyways for whatever you posted. I do enjoy giving positive rep though. I wish I understood how the points are calculated and how points relate to green bars though can someone answer that one for me possibly?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ped