Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Diode Press Sets

ATTENTION I will be away and not not able to ship orders from 1-1-18 until 3-1-18

NOTICE As of 3-16-15 The screw type 5.6mm diode extractor has been replaced with a more conventional press type, new pictures are up now.

As of 3-17-15 new lower prices

There has been several inquires as to how come there is not a set of presses available so here is the chance to
save a little scratch and buy a set of diode presses for less than there individual cost.

set No.1
One each 3.8 5.6 & 9mm steel press tools and one brass aligning collar to fit a Aixiz style module $39.00 set.

Press Set 1

set No.2
One each 5.6mm steel press tool with brass aligning collar and one 5.6mm diode extractor tool $25.00 set.

Press Set 2

set No.3
One each 3.8 5.6 & 9mm steel press tools and one brass aligning collar to fit a Aixiz style module, and a
5.6mm diode extractor tool $46.00

Press Set 3

set No.4
One each 3.8 & 9mm steel press tools and one brass aligning collar to fit a Aixiz style module $28.00

Press Set 4

set No. 5
One each 9mm press with brass aligning collar and one each 9mm extractor $25.00

Press Set 5

set No. 6
Everything :D
A 9mm press and extractor a 3.8mm press and extractor and a 5.6 press and extractor, this set is $64.00

Press Set 6

Set No.7
A 9mm extractor press, a 3.8mm extractor press and a 3.8mm "in" press with centering collar, this set is $38.00

Press Set 7

Set No. 8
All of the extractors 3.8mm 5.6mm and 9mm, this set is $36.00

Press Set 8

Set No.9 A remake of an older set.
Almost everything A 9mm press and extractor a 3.8mm press and a 5.6 press and extractor, this set is $55.00

Press Set 9

Set No. 10 A custom set made up by Isaac ;)
Almost everything, well it's everything but the 5.6mm diode press, it's $55.00

Press Set 10

Set No. 11
A set of 3.8 presses, a "in" press with aligning collar and a extractor press, the set is $28.00

Press Set 11

5.6mm diode extractor press $13.00

5.6mm extractor
having a problem with the button, PM me till it's fixed, Thanks :)

Well it's finally here a 3.8mm diode extractor press, they are so small and thin on the working end so you will have to be kind to it
no gorilla tactics or they wont last, the problem is that there is a very small space between the laser diodes can and the wall of the heat sink.

They are no fun to machine because the wall thickness is so thin, because thay are thin I used good quality carbon steel to make these out of :)

They are $13.00 each and do come with a discount if you buy them in a set.

3.8mm Extractor Press

With a diode setting in it.

You can see the diode is off to one side (bad module) and this extractor press still got it out with no damage to
the press and only a scrape on the side of the diodes can.

Pressing out the diode.

This is how far the extractor comes through the module.

I have two different types of 3.8mm copper modules they are different the one on the right has a smaller hole for
the press to fit through so the press was made to fit this tighter one.

Here is a new press just added to the inventory> http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/self-centering-press-copper-modules-86499.html#post1256795

3.8mm Cu Mod Press

5.6mm Cu Mod Press

9mm Cu Mod Press

A new 9mm Extractor press is now available :)
This press will push out your 9mm laser diode with out hurting it so you can use it some where else :)
They are made with cold rolled steel so they are very hard and will last a long time, they are $13.00 each plus shipping.

9mm Extractor

thanks for looking :)

Last edited:

Blord

I got these set and they work very good. I am impressed how easy the tool works. :beer:

Got my set in, these are very nice and work perfectly with my press great job. thank you :beer:

Today I was working on a custom 9mm diode press for some direct press heat sinks and now I need a
9mm diode extractor and I have been asked by many for one so expect to see one tomorrow :D

EDIT: it's finished

Do you make an extractor for 9mm?

Last edited:
do you sell just a 3.8mm and 5.6mm set or just in a package as the 3.8, 5.6 & 9mm?

how much for the 9mm extractor? i've got all of the other's besides the 3.8 now.

daguin

how much for the 9mm extractor? i've got all of the other's besides the 3.8 now.

Yeah. For those of us that have kept up with your offerings, we will need a 9mm & 3.8mm extractor set to have them all :beer:

Peace,
dave

Last edited:
Ask and ye shall receive, I will get right on that so expect to see a 9mm & 3.8mm extractor set tomorrow :D

Yeah. For those of us that have kept up with your offerings, we will need a 9mm & 3.8mm extractor set to have them all :beer:

Peace,
dave

norbyx

How much would it cost for a complete set of press and extractors for the 3 sizes?

daguin

----------------------------------------new space for 3.8 & 9mm extractor set-------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:pop:

Peace,
dave

OK they are here the new never before seen 3.8mm diode extractor press :D

Made from 303 Stainless Steel or high carbon steel :)

With a 3.8mm diode sitting in it>

Because of the diodes can size and the hole size in the modules the extractors wall is very thin so you must
be careful not to drop it on the ground or you could do it in with one drop.

They are $15.00 each unless you get them in a set then there is a discount :)

Last edited:
so what would a set with a 9mm extractor, 3.8 extractor, and 3.8 press run? that's all I need to complete my collection.