Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Diode press for sale $15.00

I have a o-like chineese knock off and looks like it comes apar but have not been able to do so, I guess it's the chineese epoxy they used befor they threaded it togeather, I used a vice and vice grips with leather bite:cryyy: protection. no come apart.
If your diode press will help here so I can put a new can it,
I'LL TAKE ONE PLEASE! PM me or e-mail godslightshows@gmail.com so we can work out the order details.:drool::drool:
Emory

Wow, realy fast shipping! I realy did not exspect to have it Monday morning, I was surprized! excelent craftmanship, It will get a using out of me at it's new home!
Thanks dude!

Ordered one of these last week and it arrived very quickly. Same day it arrived, a 405nm diode arrived, so I was able to test it right away! It worked GREAT! As a newb to the laser world, this made things go together very smoothly!

Highly recommended tool to have in your build kits.

I'm glad you like it and that it made you job easer ;)
Now that you have pressed a diode I guess no one will be calling you a newb ;)

Ordered one of these last week and it arrived very quickly. Same day it arrived, a 405nm diode arrived, so I was able to test it right away! It worked GREAT! As a newb to the laser world, this made things go together very smoothly!

Highly recommended tool to have in your build kits.

Aaron

I dont get how this fits in an Aixiz module. Please make a video or something to show how this tool would be used to press a diode. :thanks:

I dont get how this fits in an Aixiz module. Please make a video or something to show how this tool would be used to press a diode. :thanks:

You screw the tube onto the Aixiz head, put the solid part of the press into the back-end of that tube, with the diode in the hole on top, and squeeze it together with a vice or pliers so that the diode is pressed into the back of the Aixiz head.

Aaron

Oh, so it will only work with one of FPs custom machined Aixiz modules?

I have one of these, and they work with any aixiz module.

There are two parts. The actual diode press, and a custom-made metal sheath that the press fits into. You take the front part of the aixiz module, where you press the diode, and thread it into the sheath. Then you use the press portion by placing a diode pins first into the hole in the tapered part of the press, insert the press with the diode into the sheath, centering the diode in the hole in the aixiz module and use a vise or a large C-clamp to press the two together.

Last edited:
Can you use a vise instead of a C-clamp?

Also, I don't understand the difference between the $15 version and the $16.50 version... Could you post some comparison pictures?

You can use a vise I have many times and think it's the best way as it's the most stable.

I also use a big set of channel lock pliers and that works very well.

There is only one version now it's $15.00

Can you use a vise instead of a C-clamp?

Also, I don't understand the difference between the $15 version and the $16.50 version... Could you post some comparison pictures?