Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

Dealextreme 50mW red is actually a 635nm red laser !!

I know my point was that if the ebay seller was able to obtain them at such a low price I see no reason a laser manufacturer could not as well.

However I think its more likely that its a 5mW 635nm being called 50mW. We all know how accurate these ratings tend to be from Chinese sellers.

I spoke to the seller. He didn't buy them for cheap and resold them. He got them for free as an excess from someones inventory.

Yeah nothing at DX happens fast. I have an even older order that i'm still waiting on.

The one pen I ordered (the one this thread is about) shipped on the 4th jan. :whistle:

Yeah nothing at DX happens fast.

The entire country is probably off for a two week long holiday, which is likely a celebration of all the two week long holidays they're about to have. And a week after that they'll have a two week long holiday in remembrance of this two week long holiday.

lol. :crackup: yeah...I deal with chinese people everyday, thats just the way they are. They're smart tho they wouldn't do it if it hurt their business. obviously people don't care and still order from them can't get that thing anywhere else for that price.

Its that triangle thingy: you can get things:

1) Good and cheap but not fast,
2) Fast and good, but not cheap, or
3) Fast and cheap, but not good.

Thats just the way of things.

-Sal

Yeah I guess if you buy from DX or pickegg or one of those :p, But not if you buy from a good company like O-like, they have a 400mW 405 for $95.00 that often comes out to be at spec.

Cheap lasers are seldom good, even if they aren't fast. heh.

They all travel at the same speed.

PH-2.gif

Shipped!

I´ll update once they arrive. Hope they are all 635nm or all 650nm ;)

I have good feelings about this. DealExtreme handle this order without much delay. That means they have the lasers in stock which is probably the same stock my laser came from.

Shipped!

I´ll update once they arrive. Hope they are all 635nm or all 650nm ;)

I got mine today.
It is a nice little laser in your typical newwish style 2xAAA pen host.
Only red I can compare it to are my crappy 1.50$ red pens.
This one is MUCH brighter, obviously.
I really cannot say anything about the wavelength, because I lack both proper measuring
equipment, and/or other red lasers to compare it to...

I can see a faint beam even during the day, when I hold the laser close to my face, pointing away, and look straight down the beam.
When the beam is "coming at ya" it is much brighter, for obvious reasons.
When I use an external lens to focus it down to a tight dot, it is able
to slowly smoke some black materials.
It draws 110ma from the batteries, but I don't know what driver is used,
I didn't feel like tearing it apart so soon.

All in all, not a bad little laser for its money.
I have no clue as to its wavelength, sorry guys.

Beamshots, you say? I can post some, but I don't know if you will find them very helpful
in determining the wavelength...

Back