Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Custom Maglite FlexModP3 Build - 'Flipped Backwards'

jayrob

By request, I set up a Maglite build 'flipped' backwards... (switch at the back)

This was a fair amount of extra modification needed to make this the way danefex wanted it. He saw my normal Maglite build here, and asked if I could flip it around and make it work with the switch at the back...

In order to make this work, there were a few things to modify. I thought I would show some pictures and stuff. Just because it is kind of interesting.

I like it anyway...

P3dropin10.jpg

P3dropin11.jpg

P3dropin12.jpg

P3dropin13.jpg

P3dropin14.jpg

There is some extra space behind the switch. (over the handle)

Not enough room in there for a pair of safety glasses, but it's a good stash spot for some matches, flash paper and stuff... :)

Here's a video showing the trigger operation: (pull back for momentary on, push forward for constant on)

Last but not least, I had to set up the FlexModP3 driver to be a 'drop in module'. So that you can load your batteries from the front. The negative feed to the driver will be through the diode case pin...

P3dropin1.jpg

Here's more detail on the FlexModP3 'drop in module': (I can make this fit an RL-2088 'Frankenstein' host as well!) :D
http://laserpointerforums.com/f42/flexmodp3-drop-module-61966.html

Hope you like it! :)

Last edited:

That is just way to cool.:cool: It looks better like that. More like a real Gun.

Reminds me of the Desert Eagle.

:gj: As Always.:beer:

It's more than kind of interesting Jay, ITS FRIGGIN AWESOME!!!!

When I first saw how a maglite could be made into a gun with the litegrip attachment I realized I had to have one. I asked Jay about taking something already awesome and modd'ing it to look even better & more genuine. At first he wasn't sure it could be done because of the way maglites are designed, but after some thought, a blueprint, more discussion and most certainly with Jay's patience on hearing my idea out - we soon realized a 'dirty harry' laser gun was possible. Low and behold, Jay has done it again!!!

Folks, words fail me right now. This project has been in the making for a couple of weeks and now take a look up there. I cannot thank him enough for his intelligence, his talent and taking my idea & making it possible.

A MILLION THANKS JAYROB!!! You've outdone yourself once again!
+1 :D

jayrob

Thanks for the kind words from both of you guys... :thanks:

Dan, I set the driver at 1.9 Amps per your request. Just a friendly warning that this setting is really pushing a 445...

I hope you don't kill a diode. But it's really easy to turn down the current on this set up. 1/2 turn counter clockwise, will be 100mA's less current...

Last edited:
Very C:cool::cool:L Jay you have done it again making a one of a kind :drool:
I bet that is fun to operate with switch like that ! +2

Dan, I set the driver at 1.9 Amps per your request. Just a friendly warning that this setting is really pushing a 445...

Indeed... I'm planning on installing an A150 & hope that using it mostly for pulses rather than CW will have it hold out for awhile. If not, I have more diodes & the ability to reset the P3 :)

I hope you don't kill a diode. But it's really to turn down the current on this set up. 1/2 turn counter clockwise, will be 100mA's less current...

I hope I don't either hehe, but if I did it wouldn't be the first or last that I've pushed too far :beer:

jayrob

A-150 huh? Please let me know how that bad boy turns out!

Very C:cool::cool:L Jay you have done it again making a one of a kind :drool:
I bet that is fun to operate with switch like that ! +2

Thanks Jeff! :)

It is really a different feeling when your laser is on a trigger. I love my Star Trek Phaser Mods...

I'll be ready if we ever get attacked by giant balloons! :crackup:

Last edited:
Can the grip be modded to fit any other hosts? I would love to see this grip on a laser with a more retro look to it.

jayrob

I guess it may be possible, but the trigger mechanism is designed specifically for pressing on the Maglite side button switch... (and of course the size of the clamp and stuff)

Just a thought, but I was thinking with a little jayrob spacer magic (in the clamp with a slot) you could adapt this to a couple other hosts.

Sending PM.

Last edited:

jayrob

Yeah might be something that can be modified...

What host did you want to put it on?

That's a menacing object to have pointed at you. Even if you had no clue!

JayRob - How much does it weigh with batteries? The grip appears to be CNC possibly? Looks very solid.

If the power supply dies you can always use the 2nd business end of this pistol.

JayRob - The FM-P3 word.doc you attached is super helpfull. Thanks

jayrob

Your welcome, glad it helped!

Now all we need is some more FlexModP3 drivers!