Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

CONTEST...Win an LPC-826 NOW GOING THRU MAY 25th

JaiNobeZ

Re: CONTEST...Win an LPC-826

Crap! Exams soon, else i'd be joining in! Aww... this seems really fun.

Will there be another? :p This is such a great idea!!

GBD

Well, I am definatly interested and started to work to turn my idea into reality. The extra month comes real handy.

Thank you for holding this contest.

With a full month to do this, I hope to see more people join.

Last edited:

foulmist

ok so I started this laser as a birthday gift for my father... and now it is ready...

here is the final picture (do I have to post a thread with step by step?? if so I will as soon as I get an answer if I am eligible to participate :na:):

a C6 Cree Host LOC Red diode at ~460mA, driver,heatsink all self made!!!

Attachments

C6 lasers are abundant on this forum. Its not an original idea, which is what the contest is about.

foulmist

well I did it with C6 because it's a gift for dad not a original idea but i wanted that host for present so I just thought I could try in the contest ... after all I made all other things from scratch :) :whistle:

anselm

He's not really being offensive. He just doesn't sugar coat it. He never does.:D

I guess one COULD try to enter with a C6... question is, will people vote for it?;)

Last edited:
ok no need to get offensive ... at least I am making something myself not buying everything ready to go
So you made the C6 flashlight body from scratch? :crackup: Did you also make the diode, forge the metal for the heat sink, and create the electronic components you soldered together?

Stop derailing the thread kid.

Last edited:

foulmist

So you made the C6 flashlight body from scratch? :crackup: Did you also make the diode, forge the metal for the heat sink, and create the electronic components you soldered together?

Stop derailing the thread kid.
I said something NOT ALL!!!!! read carefully next time ;) and if you want to argue more go somewhere else ok?! :tired:

Ra1nfade

I have something to share for this contest but it won't be finished on the 29th. Would it still be a vaild entry?

Sorry if this question has already been asked I didnt see it in the thread.

I found that the end date is up for change I should have my project done by next week. It hasnt been shown or reveiwed anywhere unless my wife counts... lol

Last edited:

SLPbum

My Entry
My first homemade labby.
445nm 1100mw Flex-3 driver
Everything is metal bonded to each other.
Two fans. Top fan draws air in down over the chip.
The back fan draws it out.
I have two Marlow RC6-4 TEC modules wired in series im
trying to figure out the best place for them.
Heres pics.
Not pretty, but No duty cycle at all. well so far..:yh:
thinking of making a little box for it but I like the way it looks to open to.
Getting power to everything is kinda hard.. All I got is a bunch of old DC Converters at varies volts/amps. I use and adjustable one for the diode. Back fan takes 24 volts... Only got 12 going to it and it hummmmmms good.
Here the pictures. Enjoy.

Attachments

Ha, where'd you get that heatsink, looks like it has fan mounts and fits a 540 sized motor? I could actually use one like that for an RC car of mine.....