Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

COMPLETE LIST of "low cost"online stores. PROS and CONS.tested and not lasers.

COMPLETE LIST of "low cost"online stores. PROS and CONS.tested and not lasers.

hello boys..... i noticed that there isn't a thread for ALL the possibilities that we have to choose where to buy laser pointers.

i think this is the first thread regarding this list........

i START SAYING that ___this thread IS NOT___ for the BETTER and EXPENSIVE lasers that we can find on:
1- laserglow
2- optotronics
3- novalasers
4- dragonlasers
5- skylasers
(did i forgot others IMPORTANT companies?) all of these laser companies produce themselves laser pointers or buy from CNI factory.
here you can find stable 150/160/170mw PEN with peak of 200mw.....because they uses good quality diodes/crystals.

This thread is for ALL the other companies that sell "extracheap no tested"......AND " cheap but tested" lasers pointers and modules.

i think that this DINSTINCTION IS VERY IMPORTANT...!yes...i repeat....cheap but tested
because all these "others" companies...... i am quite sure that buy lasers from about the same manufatures.... the difference from these low cost seller... is that some test lasers.. and some not.

this is the list that I KNOW....there to buy laser pointers.
in this list i will divide between :
-A zone- : stores that sell relatively cheap lasers... but tested with a LPM before to ship.(but this is NOT a real guarantee to receive t home a real good powered one)

-B zone- : shop that are cheap or extremely cheap.... but the power output is NOT GUARANTEED..... you could receive an underpowered lasers as a RIGHT powered laser.(often you receive underpowered lasers but for the price you paid it.... it is still a good deal)

-C zone- : (to avoid firstly for price....near to zone A but not guaranteed power)
in this zone you can find lasers that could be realy good powered or not.... and no one could help you to decide if buy or not the laser... BECAUSE almost nobody bought a aser from these shops.... and you have the same "not guarantee" from the zone a..... but at higher price.

............these are the sites knowed by me.... (but every further help will be appreciate)

--------AAA zone----------

( o-like ) = it seems one of the older and appreciated "second choice" store where to buy laser modules and pointers... at a tested power.... generally overpowered.
this company does NOT produce lasers.. but just buy from factories...and test the best selected ones. SHIPPING IS NOT FREE
PROS: the older...most known...great confidence/support with susie
CONS: some member received underpowered laser....and it happens more often that you could think. support is ok, but you should ship back all... and wait...for the replacement

( rayfoss ) = this store gradually becomes the most antagonist of o-like. also this shop test all lasers with a LPM before to ship..... and i've heard less time people who received underpowered lasers(but sometimes happens ....it is normal for every company)
some HIGHpowered lasers of 300/400 mw had in past poor life span.. they died after some minutes/hours.but it was a momentary problem...i think rayfoss solved that problem.SHIPPING IS NOT FREE
PROS: it is a bit cheaper that o-like for some high powered laser pointers and modules. others 5/50mw lasers have similar prices. but for 150mw power modules/pens.. rayfoss is cheaper.

( laserlands ) = I DON'T KNOW IF TO PUT HERE THIS SELLER.....
but.....it seems a cheap and specialized store for laser pointers...with tested power.
it is online by not so much time.... and first impression seem good.... but we need to wait more time to see how it is really.
i noticed some real DEALS on this site...... if it is a really trusted seller like o-like and rayfoss... it could be a real enemy for them. laserlands have she SAME cheap and quality laser product...but the price is really NEAR to dealextreme or focalprice with some lasers.... and if it really guarantee what he sell....it is OK.SHIPPING IS NOT FREE
PROS: the cheaper of the "tested power" companies
CONS: we need time to see if it is real...

--------BBB zone----------

this is a long list...please help me if you know a new cheap site(like DX or FP)

( dealextreme ) = the most known ALL IN ONE stores in the web where you can find almost everything, also laser pointers!
here you can buy laser ben produced by newwish...normally nice powered from 5 to 50mw.
it was the first store where EVERYONE bought a laser :) but it doesn't seem that want to increase the laser products.... it is almost blocked by months!!!
it have some good laser pointers... but not so much choices (focalprice in opposite have too much choices XD XD)
PROS: really good prices....and some good laser pointers. SHIPPING IS FREE
CONS: not guaranteed power.... you could receive a 200mw newwish pen that does 160mw or just 60mw..., and the prices IMHO seems too much high for lasers or more than 100mw !! at these price... i would choose laserlands...why not?

( focalprice ) = UPDATE 12/07/10 i can say THIS IS THE BEST LOW COST STORE where to buy lasers. italian custom blocked me a pack shipped APRIL 2009!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
italian custom is VERY slow.. and shipped back it recently... i discovered this because entering in my FP account, fp sent me a message...they offered me a full refund or a new shipment.i choosed full refund. VERY..very..VERY..very HONEST company. wich other shops whould ave emailed me of a pack received back?DX not... i think they stolen me about 2 packs shipped back by ita custom. but FP is very honest.....informing me about a pack of 15 months old!:thanks:
focalprice has the best prices for cheap lasers,add NEW lasers,the latest on the market avaible. DX laser page is instead BLOCKED by a lot of time!!!

(award of the best low cost and rare laser pen/gun hosts)it think it is the MOST fierce adversary of dealestreme(in every product)...gradually it INCREASED the choices of laser pointers....and at the moment i could say it sell TOO MUCH lasers XD XD .....often you see similar lasers at similar prices... or similar lasers at very different prices.... incredible!!! i think focalprice is one of the best cheap store where to find the deal you want.
i bought/discovered from/on it the FIRST DISCO PEN LASER i've seen in my life. here is my review http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/firt-laser-disco-pen-style-pics-video-47898.html SHIPPING IS FREE
PROS: cheaper that DX!!! sell 200mw green pen at 35/45 $.... much less lower than dx 60$ (55$ recently updated). if you got luck...can receive about 100/120mw of power. AH...2 rimes i was partially refunded for 2 underpowered lasers( they gave me about 4$ of credit for next purchase, NOT BAD!)
...and they REFUNDED ME on a pack that was blocked by italian custom...and shipped back!SERIUOUS SELLER... they could had negate to receive back the pack... but they didn't do!!!! dealextreme... i think received back 1 or 2 lasers(by my custom) and did not say me this...so i lost some $ )

CONS: only sometimes the shipment is slow...

( ledshoppe ) i've seen a lot of review of the 5 and 50mw pen that this store sell. most of 50mw lasers are near or above specs.....
PROS: some members received 50mw pens that output 70.... 100mw... and i remember one boy...about 150mw!!!but in most cases you got a decent pen within 40/60 range
CONS: this store has max 50mw pen...and not other style of laser pointers. few products, but good!

( buyincoins ) it has REALLY LOW ( near ebay) prices.... for lasers 5 to 50mw.... i don't know the real quality....but it is a good choice i think!....mmhh... but i can not buy from it... i live in italy, they banned italy and others nations XD cry :( i would buy from this site but i can not!cheap bluray pens.

--------CCC zone----------

( pandawill.com ) UPDATE:it was in zone B. now it is here because prices are reized!less power +$!!i have no information of this store.... it HAD good preices... but without reason the big panga changed them. .... meybe some guys... with previous prices chould have tryied to order somegings... but now.. with prices like other sites... is preferible buy from other best trusted sites... like DX and FP.. that have good service support.
shipping is FREE. the only 1 deal on this site at "this moment" is the 5mw green keychain at 6.69$(best price ever)

( budgetgadgets ) i put this store in C zone because it has high prices for lasers.... and just 1 or 2 lasers seem to be good and tested by 1 or 2 members. i don't say that this seller sell bad quality laser...i don't know! but for sure... the prices of these lasers are not as low as others stores..and it is NOT guaranteed in power.

(qualitychinagoods) this store have high prices and not guaranteed power....why should we buy from it?

Last edited:

daguin

Re: COMPLETE LIST of online stores. PRO and CONS.tested and not lasers.

Sorry. I believe that this would be too complex and ever changing to be of much worth. The list would be enormous and before you got done compiling it, the list will have changed.

Plus, good companies go bad and sometimes the best available is from a start-up company

Peace,
dave

Re: COMPLETE LIST of online stores. PROS and CONS.tested and not lasers.

i made a lot of work to write it.... do you like my list? :)

PS:.... i improved my english language by the first time i entered in this english forum in december 08 :)
how is my english? 70% 80%.....just your opinion

Last edited:

there are WAY to many companies selling lasers, literally thousands, some are good, some bad, some good go bad as daguin stated, its not possible to cover them all, and even if you did manage, the noobs would still post on here saying hey where can i buy a cheap green laser, but +1 for the effort!

DJNY

Complete list!?
Sorry I don´t think so

Ash

i made a lot of work to write it.... do you like my list? :)

PS:.... i improver my english language by the first time i entered in this english forum in december 08 :)
how is my english? 70% 80%.....just your opinion
I would say 64.7%. I feel you need a little bit of improvement on your English writing skills.
Questo messaggio è scritto in italiano proprio e l'è ha capito da lei? Yo usa del genere di software di traduzione o lei ha insegnato inglesi?

Complete list!?
Sorry I don´t think so

if it is not complete.... there are included the most known laser stores used by the laser pointer forum members... it is normal that there are OTHERS shops..... but most of them have high prices....and i think my list could cover about 80% of the places there members choose to buy lasers.(exception the 5 most quality sellers)
AM I WRONG? no one made another thread regarding the option where purchase at good price. this is my best......of someone wants... can improve my list!

Last edited:

hello boys..... i noticed that there isn't a thread for ALL the possibilities that we have to choose where to buy laser pointers...
Ciao, Realista!

I think your idea is great in theory (+1), but as several have mentioned, a bit difficult to implement and maintain. The fact is that we can only rate a company based on our experiences. One way is to search through pretty much most sub-forums looking for good / bad commentary. This would clearly be impractical. You would have to use the advanced search option, type in a company's name and then "review" the hundreds of posts, etc. for the good & bad experiences.

Alternatively, another option is to compile the reviews done on companies and their specific products. This solution may not offer 100 % coverage but does offer the most "thought-out" customer-experience / product review we will see here on LPF. As you know, Niko has such a compilation of reviews and although he has not covered all companies, the coverage is still very good and the thread is much easier to maintain than your proposed solution.

Should you still want to go for it, by all means, just do it! :D I would expect to see some links to these companies and maybe a link to a key LPF thread(s) that justifies your "grading" of said company.

So far you have already listed most of the "standard" [Asian] companies that I know about with the exception of maybe KAIDO you should classify them, but search the forums and you should be able to form a pretty good opinion :) Then there is the question of the smaller, non-Asian retailers that are not part of the Optotronics / Nova / Laserglow "group", such as Megagreen (Bluesky) ´situated in the UK. That's where I got my first 532nm LP. Another example is OdicForce Lasers. And I'm sure there are tons more, including many small online shops run by our LPF colleages... . Where you just planning on listing the Asian retailers?

Last but not least, I got here thanks to your sig :p I would suggest you change it from

"WHY EVERYBODY SNOB my usefull list thread?"
to
"WHY IS EVERYBODY BEING SO CYNICAL OF my useful list thread?
or simply...
"WHY IS EVERYBODY SLAMMING my useful list thread? :beer:

I don't see anyone being so cynical or Slamming realista's Thread...:thinking:
Members are stating the facts and their opinions..

Since he specifically asked about what we thought about this
Thread and English skills there is no need for anyone to classify
the responses as spamming just because it is not what he wants
to hear...:cool:

Jerry

i just listed the most known cheap alternatives for that people wich want a cheap laser. i added "low cost" in the thread's title :)

i know there are a lot of stores... but you know that they have not a really low price. most of them have prices really near of optotronics for PENS.
yes i didn't remember odicforce and megagreen....but i hear so few fimes these names.....not so much lpf member buy there.

kaidoman in my opinion should be added in the C zone. the c zone does not contains the BAD stores..... but just stores like B zone with higher prices near(or same) A zone....which is preferible at all.

i saw the megagreen prices and IMO they're high for what they offer.
odicforce instead has quite good prices...it is just a little more expensive in relation to rayfoss for some items...

Last edited:

Arayan

Re: COMPLETE LIST of "low cost"online stores. PROS and CONS.tested and not lasers.

This is a very good but complex idea :) BTW +1 for spent your time for new members of LPF ;)

PS: I noticed that Wicked Lasers lacks... IMO It's a company with overpriced products but still decent

Re: COMPLETE LIST of "low cost"online stores. PROS and CONS.tested and not lasers.

it is only some months that seems to be SERIOUS. since i jonied in lpf i only heard bad things about it. it was the FIRST laser shop i visited in my life... it is accurate... with a good looking... for for a long... long time... i've only heard people receiving very low powered laser paid a lot of $$$.
yes... now it seems to be serious in the power.... but.. i don't know :)

it is only some months that seems to be SERIOUS. since i jonied in lpf i only heard bad things about it. it was the FIRST laser shop i visited in my life... it is accurate... with a good looking... for for a long... long time... i've only heard people receiving very low powered laser paid a lot of $$$.
yes... now it seems to be serious in the power.... but.. i don't know
:)

Hey Realista...

perhaps you should read some of the Wicked Laser reviews of their
Lasers done by some LPF members right here on the Forum...
Here is mine....

http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/200mw-wicked-lasers-spyder-i-pro-review-43206.html#post569725

and there are many others....

Jerry

Great review, Jerry! Alas, my REP-Jerry quota appears to be full... but here's a symbolical rep for ya :beer:

At first, I was thinking "Golden Sample". After all, you're one of a handful of LPF GODs, so it's not surprising to hear of WL wanting to send you a sample for review... :rolleyes:

However after reading this piece from Glenn, I've decided to retract my "generalized" statement ;)

...I too have changed my view of the rest of the WL line with the new lasers offered. I also have had very good experiences with the company with many lasers I bought from WL, as compared to many I bought from LG, CNI & LED Shoppe, the last of these is the only one to replace the occasional out of spec laser quickly (almost as quickly as my experiences with WL), and I am used to a lower return % of out of spec units from WL than any other supplier I have dealings with. So, after buying dozens of lasers from these 4 companies, here's my ranking:

WL 6% out of spec, (oos) , replaced in about 4-8 days every time, (9 of a possible 10) Note: mostly Core lasers bought.

LED Shoppe 12% oos , replacesd in 12- 16 days every time, but one they sent 30 mW instead of a 50 mW replacement, (8 of a pos. 10)

LaserGlow (note includes units not warranted from "Cleaning sale")
16% oos, one units sent in for repair not fixed after 6 mo. (6 of 10 possible)

Edit: Actually to be fair to LaserGlow, of the units under warranty, I find a similar rate of out of spec to Wicked Lasers, I have a lot of slow answering of questions, and communication needs to be addressed, but the oos record is better when the regular LG offerings are all we count, sorry if it was less than fair to count the "Cleaning Sale items, some, perhaps many of which were never even offered for sale as LaserGlow items. In short (my bad!) I'll give LG a (7 out of a possible 10) and much of this being lower than a "9" is slowness in communication and straightening out problems.

CNI 26% oos note all oos units were PGL III's no oos pen lasers so far, replaced in 30 - 60 days. (4 of 10 possible)

So, to even my own surprise, after all the lasers I have handled, (thousands of $worth of CNI & LG, btw), I prefer to work with the top two here, not as much these days the bottom two, and I just may, begin using Optotronics and WL instead of LG and CNI for >200 mW green portables in particular. I have had too many problems from CNI in particular of late!

In any event, $1000 for a 200mW laser is really pushing the limits, so it's not too much to expect that WL should provide over-performing lasers...

P.S. Their website mentions something about micro-processor controlled... I didn't see anything mentioned in you review about that though... :-/

"The microprocessor regulated laser module generates stable light at 250mW for 90 minutes on a single lithium battery charge"

Re: Replay

A piece of extremely powrful and full-featured Blu Ray Converter is mainly designed to converter Blu-ray and M2ts files to HD video.

As the professional and multifunctional Blu Ray Ripper which can rip Blu-ray and DVD movies to all formats that you can enjoy on more players.

WTF?Stop spamming the forums with useless posts.you already made 10 of these posts in 10 different threads.-Rep and reported

Last edited: