Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

CNI makes 589nm handheld lasers!

Hey guys, I just talked to Steve from WL, he said he could give us better prices on 589nm handhelds and that he can put them into Spyder III hosts (he gets the modules from the same supplier as CNI). He asked for 10 units minimum, are you interested?

Of course, when I get the prices from him I'll post them here ;)

EDIT: I just got an answer from Steve. He asked us to place a reasonable offer (price) on the yellow (589nm) pointers. That's right, he asked US to put the price we'd want to pay (at a certain mW, we should start with 5mW to make things easier and more organized) and he'll inform me if he can do it. I'll leave it to you guys to put the prices :)

Last edited:

Hey guys, I just talked to Steve from WL, he said he could give us better prices on 589nm handhelds and that he can put them into Spyder III hosts (he gets the modules from the same supplier as CNI). He asked for 10 units minimum, are you interested?

Of course, when I get the prices from him I'll post them here ;)

EDIT: I just got an answer from Steve. He asked us to place a reasonable offer (price) on the yellow (589nm) pointers. That's right, he asked US to put the price we'd want to pay (at a certain mW, we should start with 5mW to make things easier and more organized) and he'll inform me if he can do it. I'll leave it to you guys to put the prices :)

Would $550 for the 5mW be reasonable?
I'd prefer a 1mW one though, maybe around $300?

I'd really be interested in 20mW of 589. If he can beat the $689 significantly and still have a host that's stable as the CNI flashlight style, i'd go for it,

But I presume WL is going with more pen-style hosts... (I like the heatsinking on those CNI flashlight style ones.)

Well I guess that proves that Wicked lasers are made by CNI - CNI doesn't use a supplier, they make the lasers themselves

Rob

Grix

I'd really be interested in 20mW of 589. If he can beat the $689 significantly and still have a host that's stable as the CNI flashlight style, i'd go for it,

But I presume WL is going with more pen-style hosts... (I like the heatsinking on those CNI flashlight style ones.)

They said Spyder III hosts. They are massive.

D

Deleted member 8382

I think as yobresal said, 100-150$ less for the handheld units would be a reasonable price IMO. Specially for the 80mW units.

Great to see Steve is reading the forum btw ;)

Yours,
Albert

Okay, I'll email him with the CNI price list with $125 (average of what Halluc. said) less off of each. Remember, though, that for the lasers to be available at those prices we need minimum 10 requests for the same unit. You'll have to decide as a group which power you'd like the most :p

Also, yes, they're gonna be in Spyder III hosts.

If you think the price offer should be different I suggest you jump in ASAP. I'll hold that email for one day (as of 12/12/09, 01:25PM).

@phoenix77: Life would be so much easier...

@gotwake: I don't know, AFAIK they should. I'll ask Steve that in the next email I send him.

Thanks Niko

125usd off would be a good price
also would CNI be willing to sell just the modules?
(if they are modules)

VW

I can't wait for the future!!! I really am shocked that these have came out so quick...

Through the other thread I noticed that CNI makes 589nm handheld lasers, in both pen style and portable style. The interesting thing is that the maximum power CNI makes is 80mW for the 589nm version, along with how in the datasheet it says that the 589nm wavelength is much brighter than the 593.5 one. I haven't sent a request for the price but this really makes me wonder if it is worth the cost.
Here's a link to their portable laser section:
Laser pointer, handheld laser, 473 nm blue, 532 nm green, yellow, red portable laser.

Edit:
Quoted prices from Glenn/Scopeguy20 (on second page)

Interesting pricing on the 80mW unit. I would be interested in one simply to remove the laser assembly from the pointer body.

Why are there no pictures of these yet? Someone buy one already, jeez! lol

Pictures? Of what? The host? It'll be the same as the other CNI products. Of the color? Virtually indistinguishable from 593.