Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

CNI GB 5th time!

Hey glenn if you're curious I talked to Frank from Viasho and he said yes Optoronics lasers are a special build just for them, not the same as the ones they sell. SO he said buy from opto in a group buy if it materializes and even said jack is amazing.

Also he said they might make some adjustable focus lasers with mrad ratings taht can get under 1 mrad. Focusable (fat beam for show :), then tight beam to burn and have fun)

Anyways this would be great, if larry eventually gets a green laser lens that will improve performance like jayrobs and larrys lens assy's AND it fit into a focusable laser that'd be great. The lens would give more power and a tighter beam :)

Bionic-Badger: Is it overspec at all? If it is really overspec I could just order the 150mW PGL-III-A. Do you have an LPM that it has been tested on and does it have an IR Filter? Thanks.

I believe CNI lasers are rated at the minimum output power the laser should provide; usually they're a little bit higher, though don't expect it to exceed the next power tier. Also, scopeguy20 has them cherry-pick the highest output lasers in the batches for us. I'm hoping my cherry-picked blue will have >= 10mW, but even the rated 5mW spec it's a great deal.

As for the filters, I consider the PGL-III the "gold standard" for IR filtering. My 85mW produces less IR than even my 5mW green lasers.

Bionic Badger: Is it worth $330?

Scopeguy20: So there are $135 in USA shipping and PP fees? Or did the CNI representative quote me on a different set of lasers?

Last edited:
Bionic Badger: Is it worth $330?

What it's "worth" is a subjective question. What I will say is that you're paying far less through this group buy than you'd be paying through any of these laser store sites (Novalaser, Laserglow, etc.), and it's a good laser by a reputable company. So is it a good price? Yes it is. Is it worth paying $330 for 200mW of green light? That's your call.

Hey friends, the GB's will go on as usual, however, I am on vacation in Arizona and for the next 4-5 days I will only be online a little, no internet in my room. Thanks for your patience! AMB! -Glenn

What is the timetable on placing the group buy for this round? Any idea when this set of lasers will ship? Have fun on vacation.

I think we will put in the order in, in under 1 week, and they may ship in about 2-3 weeks, but it does depend on "Production" as well. AMB! -Glenn

Last edited:
I'm thinking about going for one of those $315 473nm pens. Am I too late, and if not, is there any chance that this pen would make it to me before September 4th? If not, I might just wait for the next gb. Thanks for your help!

Hey Scotoma, it w/b a bit faster than average to get you a 473 nm pen in the forming GB by Sept 4th, but I think it c/b in about week after that. I just know the GB's are a little longer than what you ask and I don;t want to disappoint, but we are about ready to order again and 2-3 weeks is about how log it usually takes. Still, they are getting us some good power output units of late, so I suggest you get in ASAP! -Glenn

If i could get a 473nm pen through to Aus i would have already placed and order, but the chances of me not recieving it is pretty likely.... :)

I sent most of the (5th time) lasers out today! I still have to pack yours RA_pierce and Ohada, but all the rest are on the way, if USA they are Priority Insured, if international, they went 1st class and there are only 3 of those that went out. I'll get the last 2 wrapped and sent out tomorrow. Thanks All! -Glenn

Are you saying that I have a pretty blue laser in the mail on it's way to me?

Is ther room to get in on this GB Glenn I sure would like to get an orange laser to go with the RGPY wait a min I don't have enuf hands to hold all them there lasers heck I'll get a tripod with extra screws LOL....

Peace All...

EDIT 15 more post and I'll be a BLU-RAY.........

I just made a rather large purchase, but a couple of paychecks from now, if a gb is still going on, I'll definitely be in for a 473nm. Thanks for the information scopeguy :).

Back