Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

closed

Hmmm, only half the letter on actual government letterhead (and that not confirmed either, is the paper watermarked?) ...

I still smell a rat, Brother...

According to the Tongue and Quill (government military writing style guide) you do not include letter head on subsequent pages. Everything is there that is supposed to be and all the references and requirement are accurate. This thing is legit or someone is really good. I'm guessing it's legit.

Razako

Just call them up and make sure they actually sent it.

Wow.. unbelievable...
They read a review you made and decided to contact you about it?

(im at school btw, so my reply is short, i could only skim over this)

I wouldn't worry about the drivers at this point. The reason they are asking you for how many you have produced and shipped as well as how many you have in stock is they may be fixing to have you recall and refund all non-compliant laser systems. If you don't provide them the information, they will subpoena it. There is no getting around this.

It's ok Frothy, you can say it, you know you want to, no one will think less of you for saying "I told you so".

oh i have no doubt about that...i'm sure it's real.....lol

i'm just sharing the news....

I need to read through the regulations and find exactly what i am legally allowed to sell....while still making it as easy as possible to assemble...

I'm thinking adjustable driver with a max output of the desired current? when they recieve the laser it's output would be well...nothing.....
the customer would have to spin the pot all the way to achieve desired current.

wonder is that would solve my problem?

maybe...yes.. or just sell it as a 5mW "adjustable" laser. anything below 5mW doesnt need to meet the FDA standards.

You STILL have to register ANY laser you sell even if it is <5mW if you are the manufacturer

Check out jasperlaser . com. I bought a few host kits from them. They sell the modules separate (too expensive for me though).
Maybe you could do something like they have?

Morgan

Wasn't Dan Hewitt quoted as the author of an email in a similarly alarming thread recently? Can't remember the name of the, "victim", on that occasion, although they are well known on LPF. The general mood was that that WAS a scam, (spelling mistakes, misquotes, the like...).

This does seem a little more authentic I have to say. On real paper too. Did receipt of the letter require a signature?

M

maybe...yes.. or just sell it as a 5mW "adjustable" laser. anything below 5mW doesnt need to meet the FDA standards.

Please stop giving legal advice that you don't know anything about. ALL lasers entered into commerce in the US have to meet FDA standards, every single one of them, no matter the output power.

If there is any person on here to listen to, it is Frothy. But even with his knowledge, I don't think he's a lawyer. I don't think we have any lawyers on this board, but Frothy certainly has the most experience of anyone that I know on here with these specific laws that are in question.

Razako

Wasn't Dan Hewitt quoted as the author of an email in a similarly alarming thread recently? Can't remember the name of the, "victim", on that occasion, although they are well known on LPF. The general mood was that that WAS a scam, (spelling mistakes, misquotes, the like...).

This does seem a little more authentic I have to say. On real paper too. Did receipt of the letter require a signature?

M
Yeah some idiot sent Day a fake FDA email:D