Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

CLOSED - COLLECTING $ Dorcy Jnr GB - $15.00 Shipped- 07/12/09

I really have no preference. As a first time builder I think that the extra room in the original might be an advantage, but I'll work with whatever I get.

And no hurry on any of that, either. I got lots of new toys to play with at Christmas.:san:

Joe B.

ZheolD

Just Wondering How the New Heatsinks are comin along i know like most people right now you are busy as hell was just wondering if came up with something hat works yet ^^

Cheers
Josh

As far as the 11 "classic" DJR's, are they going to be offered at the GB price? I don't mind the new look, but I'd also like to buy a classic if they are available.

daguin

As far as the 11 "classic" DJR's, are they going to be offered at the GB price? I don't mind the new look, but I'd also like to buy a classic if they are available.

I have not been part of the negociations about these. Tommi is the point man there.

Peace,
dave

I have not been part of the negociations about these. Tommi is the point man there.

Peace,
dave

I understand. I was hoping he'd see this, but I haven't seen him post on here lately :thinking:

ill most likely be trading my current heatsink for the original dorcy heatsink in this GB since i bought the original dorcy at target. and i will also be buying the one for the different model we received. but hopefully Dark gets those heatsinks into us soon so we can put his masterpiece into use.

Just an update for everyone. (long-winded post)

I am back in town now. I have to go back to work tommorow, yuk!

I have been playing with the new design a little here at my home-bench. It may not be as easy as I thought when last I posted, the egg-nog wore-off , lol. The groove is for the O-ring is angled a little which makes it harder to gain purchase on the rubber, as opposed to a sharp-edge. I still think it will work out, but I need to make some proto-types at the shop tommorow night after work, I will post the results as soon as I have something.

I have not heard anything from Tom about the replacments, I will be focusing on a solution for the existing "new-design" heatsinks. I hope Tom's health is better, best wishes to you man!

Disclaimer: The following is an update about Dark Horse Custom and personal-crap about me in general, sorry.

As many of you already know, my brother and I have spent the last-year trying to get a machine/Fab shop of our own off the ground, (G2-Industries Inc.), while still working full-time. It has been a rough-year to say the least, thanks to everyone for your support. We have decided to disolve G2 and shut it down as a profesional-project. This hopefully will not affect my "production heatsinks" as I have them made by CNC in another shop, but short-run and custom-stuff will be on hold soon, at least for a while. I plan to get everything set-up in my garage again, (the anodizing is already there), I am just not sure when. I will make sure to get these finished for everyone prior to tearing down the lathe and mill. These may the last DH-custom heatsinks for a while. The good new about this is that I can soon focus back on the laser-related stuff, which I love. Good times ahead!

In addition to the machine-shop issue I am dealing with above, my Mother is very sick and I will be spending as much time with her as I can, probably every second-weekend. I am not trying to share all of my woes with you guys and bring you down, but I thought it may be best to let you know where I am. In December I lost 2 family members, I hope 2010 is better! Thanks to everyone for your support and being so patient.
Barry

daguin

Just an update for everyone. (long-winded post)
I am back in town now. I have to go back to work tommorow, yuk!
I have been playing with the new design a little here at my home-bench. It may not be as easy as I thought when last I posted, the egg-nog wore-off , lol. The groove is for the O-ring is angled a little which makes it harder to gain purchase on the rubber, as opposed to a sharp-edge. I still think it will work out, but I need to make some proto-types at the shop tommorow night after work, I will post the results as soon as I have something.
I have not heard anything from Tom about the replacments, I will be focusing on a solution for the existing "new-design" heatsinks. I hope Tom's health is better, best wishes to you man!
Disclaimer: The following is an update about Dark Horse Custom and personal-crap about me in general, sorry.

As many of you already know, my brother and I have spent the last-year trying to get a machine/Fab shop of our own off the ground, (G2-Industries Inc.), while still working full-time. It has been a rough-year to say the least, thanks to everyone for your support. We have decided to disolve G2 and shut it down as a profesional-project. This hopefully will not affect my "production heatsinks" as I have them made by CNC in another shop, but short-run and custom-stuff will be on hold soon, at least for a while. I plan to get everything set-up in my garage again, (the anodizing is already there), I am just not sure when. I will make sure to get these finished for everyone prior to tearing down the lathe and mill. These may the last DH-custom heatsinks for a while. The good new about this is that I can soon focus back on the laser-related stuff, which I love. Good times ahead!

In addition to the machine-shop issue I am dealing with above, my Mother is very sick and I will be spending as much time with her as I can, probably every second-weekend. I am not trying to share all of my woes with you guys and bring you down, but I thought it may be best to let you know where I am. In December I lost 2 family members, I hope 2010 is better! Thanks to everyone for your support and being so patient.
Barry

Adaptation is the secret to survival. My thoughts are with you.

Peace,
dave

Thanks dark-horse
Don't worry about it. You take care of what you need to. Even if you don't find a economical solution or the time. These will still make Ok, flashlights.
Best wishes to you dark_Horse.

Ya take your time Dark. Go ahead and handle what you need to handle.
We'll support and understand all that you need to do. =]
Take care and i hope your mom feels better =]

ZheolD

No thank you Bud for the hard work you are putting in to make these for us
+1 for being a true scholar and a gentleman

cheers
Josh