Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

CLOSED - COLLECTING $ Dorcy Jnr GB - $15.00 Shipped- 07/12/09

Actually, I'd like to retract my previous request for an original Dorcy. Yesterday I found one at Target, and will be ordering a full body heatsink for it.

Of course, I still want the GB Dorcy + heatsink. I'll take one of the newer model units, once you get it all sorted out. No hurry - lots of other toys.

Joe B.

Ok guys, Bad news from my point. After a grueling week of dealing with bankers, landlords and machine dealers, we have to move our machines out of our building today, (Saturday). This means I will not be able to make the new heatsinks, or any others at least for the foreseeable future. I had hoped to get this last run in before the other shoe fell, but it didn't work out.

I hope Dorcy Direct can make good on thier promise to come up with at least a few replacments for the hosts.

I am sorry I could not make this happen. You have all been so supportive through these tough times. LPF is my refuge, I hope to get back to where I was soon.

Sincerely,
Barry

Thats too bad:(
Don't worry about the heatsinks Dark_Horse. Sounds like you got enough on your plate. Thanks for trying.

Any word from tom, is he still sick?
We need to find out what Dorcy is up to so we can a start making some decisions.

If I get some time, I will try and build a heat-sink for the new style by hand at my school on the lathe - if I were going to build more than one, I'd try to sell them at about $20-$25 shipped, depending on cost of material and how long it takes to make. I've only built one heat-sink before, and it certainly won't be as pretty as anything D_H could do, but if anyone was interested, I can build a prototype of it on Tuesday after mock exams are over and see how well it works. I'd base it on the design I listed a few pages back. Hopefully they will have the reaming tool I need to get the right diameter for Aixiz module when I get back. If there's enough interest and D_H has the time and effort to spare, I could possibly ship a few to D_H, where he anodises them, and sends to US buyers, saving shipping cost and making them look prettier.

TL;DR: I might be able to build a couple of HS's for the new style Dorcy, uglier than what D_H can do, but would still work, $20-$25 shipped. With a bit of luck, they might even be anodised. Anyone interested if this is the case?

I have an original already, please just go ahead and send my flashlight and original style heatsink. Thanks, -Mike

Hey Dave, if you have any of the old style heatsinks on hand, I'd take one of those and a new style flashlight. I have an old style Dorcy, this way I end up with a workable host/heatsink and a nice flashlight for furture mods. Thanks.

Joe B.

ZheolD

so not to be the only Down one, But what am i to do with 2 Dorcys i cant use and 2 heatsinks that wont fit them?

Cheers
Josh

Like I said, I'm going to try making a new heatsink when I get back to school, if all goes well I'll have an usable design, and be able to produce a few of these for people who need them.

daguin

Martinpc and Triggerjerk -- Your Dorcys and heat sinks will go out Wednesday. Sorry. Tomorrow (Tue) is already full.

Zheold
Byrnz93
Bryce007
Kingdingeling
rpaloalto
Bobhaha

I have the old style heat sink you paid for and your new style Dorcys. Would you like me to ship or hold on for CharlieBruce?

so not to be the only Down one, But what am i to do with 2 Dorcys i cant use and 2 heatsinks that wont fit them?

Cheers
Josh

I feel your pain. I bought six of them (4 originally and 2 for Mo) so we could make the GB go. Looks like I'm giving flashlights for birthday gifts this year ;)

Peace,
dave

Last edited:
I wonder if we could ship one of the pulled apart ones to Ehgemus to see if he can make us some heatsinks for them. His pricing is very reasonable, and his work is beautiful.

daguin

I wonder if we could ship one of the pulled apart ones to Ehgemus to see if he can make us some heatsinks for them. His pricing is very reasonable, and his work is beautiful.

I've got one already disassembled that I would be willing to send. Has anyone spoken with him about this?

Peace,
dave

I've got one already disassembled that I would be willing to send. Has anyone spoken with him about this?

Peace,
dave

I have not contacted him about it. Could you PM him? You know a lot more about what's going on with these than I do :)