Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

CLens GB #2 Interest_sign-up

I'm sorry for responding so late, I've already told Bob but I ought to explain myself to everyone.

I've been very busy the past few months and have had absolutely no time for the laser hobby.
As such I missed the window for the order. Right now I'm also short on money so even if I had had the time, I would've had to cancel.
Yeah, pretty tragic, I agree.

I'm very sorry for any inconvenience I have caused.

I understand !!!! You have caused no inconvenience ..I will have some extra sets from my own portion of the GB ! I am sure I could sell you some if you need them later on. So it goes !! ..... I hope you are now and remain in good health !!!! All else falls by the side !!! These are surly strange times !! I fear the " Pandemic Wave " is now upon doorstep of the USA....This too shall pass !!....but...It will and has changed lives....and will leave a mark upon our generation....CDBeam

Well, at long last, Good news.....the C Lenses have arrived from China !!

I am handling the shipment with a conservative and careful method. Better a " Belt and Suspenders" approach than a half ass attempt !!
LPF is my extended family....and I care about their collective health and well being !!

Note the below sequence;

1) Shipment arrived to my residence from China after 9 day in transit / Done /See pic
2) Fedex outer wrap sprayed with Clorox/water mix / Done
3) Package in quarantine for four (4) days / Done
4) Goods removed from Fedex outer wrap and inner foam packed box / Done
5) Inner package is two (2) sealed plastic bag, one bag with PCV and one bag with PCX lens / See pic
6) Plastic bags contain individual lenses each wrapped in optical paper / Typical packaging
7) Inner sealed plastic bags sprayed down with Clorox/water mix and exposed to sunlight / Done
8) Bags to be opened today and individual wrapped lenses exposed to sunlight / In process 4/28 and 4/29
9) Individual lenses to be bundled and reshipped / Complete by Friday 5.1.2020

So...there you have it !!! We started this GB in December 2018 !! WOW !!! A long process indeed !! Thanx to all who participated !!!
Be safe and good health to all !!!!!

CDBeam

Attachments

• CLens GB Fedex Package.jpg
    CLens GB Fedex Package.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 13
  • CLens GB Inner wrap.jpg
    CLens GB Inner wrap.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 14
Hi Bob,

I am very happy that you have finally received the lenses. Thank yu for all of the trouble!

But I would ask you to keep from sending me my 10 pairs now. I am still waiting for stuff which should arrive from DTR, Sanwu and some ali sellers and it takes too long already, much longer than usual. It seems to me that all stuff coming from outside of EU is stopped somewhere on the border/customs and there is no one at work to let them in. In contrary, orders from inside EU keep arriving to me on time as usual.

So please let us wait until this covid crisis is calmed down a little and I start to receive parcels from outside of EU again.

Fantastic :)

I don't know that the individual wrapped lenses need any sunlight, probably better to leave them wrapped in the paper and kept clean/dust free as they have had ample time to become safe if they were ever contaminated which I doubt as I'm sure the lenses are cleaned prior to being wrapped in the clean paper.

Hi Bob,

I am very happy that you have finally received the lenses. Thank yu for all of the trouble!

But I would ask you to keep from sending me my 10 pairs now. I am still waiting for stuff which should arrive from DTR, Sanwu and some ali sellers and it takes too long already, much longer than usual. It seems to me that all stuff coming from outside of EU is stopped somewhere on the border/customs and there is no one at work to let them in. In contrary, orders from inside EU keep arriving to me on time as usual.

So please let us wait until this covid crisis is calmed down a little and I start to receive parcels from outside of EU again.

OK Vladimir....I will keep your shipment on hold until directed otherwise.

Bob

Yes....Each lens is wrapped as you can see....I will NOT unwrap them....but will give them some Sun light....just for an extra measure. It is actually sunny out today !!!....and 72F Great....Terrawatt my dog wants to go out to the park...to ....er...."decorate" the grass there !!! She is such an ARTIST !!!
To anyone who does not have a dog....you are really missing out...."I assure you, Such power exists" hahaha
Anyway...Thankfully....life goes on in the New Normal !!!!

During this crazy time...I installed a new ToAuto DRO on my JMD-15 Jet End Mill. Boy is this a nice DRO....very well made !! Anyone wants details on how to set up...see my thread in the Hobby Machinist !! See here https://www.hobby-machinist.com/thr...-scale-add-on-to-a-jet-jmd-15-end-mill.83886/
See pic attached !! I have had this on my " TO DO" list...for many spins around the Sun !!! I would recommend this DRO to anyone !! As far as attachment...follow my sequence !! Stay safe and Healthy..."Don't be an Ass-k....Wear your mask " !!

Later friends,
Bob

Attachments

• CLenses out for some Sun Light.jpg
    CLenses out for some Sun Light.jpg
    266.5 KB · Views: 19
  • Full Pic of the Jet @ DRO.jpg
    Full Pic of the Jet @ DRO.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Snecho

Yes....Each lens is wrapped as you can see....I will NOT unwrap them....but will give them some Sun light....just for an extra measure. It is actually sunny out today !!!....and 72F Great....Terrawatt my dog wants to go out to the park...to ....er...."decorate" the grass there !!! She is such an ARTIST !!!
To anyone who does not have a dog....you are really missing out...."I assure you, Such power exists" hahaha
Anyway...Thankfully....life goes on in the New Normal !!!!

During this crazy time...I installed a new ToAuto DRO on my JMD-15 Jet End Mill. Boy is this a nice DRO....very well made !! Anyone wants details on how to set up...see my thread in the Hobby Machinist !! See here https://www.hobby-machinist.com/thr...-scale-add-on-to-a-jet-jmd-15-end-mill.83886/
See pic attached !! I have had this on my " TO DO" list...for many spins around the Sun !!! I would recommend this DRO to anyone !! As far as attachment...follow my sequence !! Stay safe and Healthy..."Don't be an Ass-k....Wear your mask " !!

Later friends,
Bob
That's a very nice mill you have!

That's a very nice mill you have!
[/QUOTE
Thanx !!! It has been a very good machine !!! I would buy it again !! The DRO will make it better !! Almost all of my custom builds have been done on this machine. You may question the dual vise set up !! Well....That is the best way to hog out and finish mill the saddle cut out on the larger diameter Ally round stock. SO...one end goes in one vise and the other end goes in the other vise....so....I mill out the middle....but stay away the vises !! MMM...Easy peasy !!
CDBeam

Hmmm....Organized Scale to DRO cables. with old Radio Shack spiral cable cover...remember " The Shack " ???? Sigh....Another dying/dead breed....fix it.....Naaaaagh.....Throw that sucker away !!!....Well....we now have the " Maker Movement ".....this is good......Robotics....sure ...I want a Robotic Bidet !!!! Sheezzz....they probably make one !!!!!! So.....just a final touch for the cables !!. Just tinkering around .....Had way too much fun with this project !!
CDBeam

Attachments

• Jet JMD-15 wit ToAuto DRO installed.jpg
    Jet JMD-15 wit ToAuto DRO installed.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
OK...Extra Safety precautions taken and complete. I will try to mail out tomorrow AM 5.2.2020 All packing and shipping labels ready. Stuff the boxes and get to the USPS. Ten parcels out USPS Priority Mail, One parcel out Overseas. Light Super Glue package on hold. Stick a Fork in this GB...for it is DONE !! Thanx again CDBeam

OK....All done !! Boxed up. See pics. All GB shipments ( Sans Light Super Glue) will be mailed out tomorrow AM. Whoooo Ray !!!!!! This must be the most stretched out GB in the history of LPF ??? Dunno ?? So it goes !! Thanx again. You have all had great patience !!

Bob

Update....ALL mailed Saturday AM 5.2.2020 ..Thanx again!! CDBeam

Attachments

• Clenses ready to ship 1.jpg
    Clenses ready to ship 1.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Clenses Ready to ship 2.jpg
    Clenses Ready to ship 2.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited: