Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Careful Who You Sell To and How You Sell!!!

wheedy

Shit, man. This sucks. I read your entire other thread about this earlier today.

:/

Sorry to hear of your loss sometimes that happens and we just have no control over it, once I lost a package coming to me from Norway it was worth
$136.00 and has never been seen since the man sent it, I trust it was sent ! I have bought from this person for years, I once also had a $120.00
flashlight never show up from an ebay sale and I stupidly let the time lapse for filing a claim.

Then once I sent a package of drives to Germany worth $1750.00 and it came back to me 6 months later with only my business card inside and my address
scribbled on the out side, they got it off the business card, apparently the label was ripped off for what ever reason :thinking:

So sometimes we just have no control but there is one thing in your favor that will make you smile it's called Karma and you know how that works :D

I must say I have been here on PP for over 4 years now and have never had one PP dispute, either I'm doing something right or I have good Karma :beer:

Best wishes to you SBA...

tonyt

That's paypal for you.. Always siding with the buyer.
I have sold things for under $100 and still had the case go in the buyers favor. My paypal account is actually closed at the moment due to a $3700 item i sent to someone and they claim it never showed up! I did have tracking on it and they say it was delivered but the post man must have forgotten to get the signature or the buyer tricked him somehow into not getting it but that is the reason i lost. Even though i could provide tracking that said it had been delivered because he didn't sign for it paypal wouldn't listen. ALSO because it said it had been delivered Australia post refused to honor the insurance claim stating it had been delivered!!!.. Rock and a hard place....! Anyway, go around to his house.. And have a little chat :) That is what i am going to do soon.

Last edited:

tonyt

Also, For those who don't believe me...

History-PayPal_zpsd0f72805.png

First I'd delete those threatening Post on this PUBLIC
Forum... Posts #14,15,16 and 29. It can be used as
proof of intent to do harm.

SBA... I feel bad for your $$$ loss.

That being said and having read the other 2 threads
about your transaction I saw a firm stance by you to
not bend to the buyers requests to get your payment
cleared.

The last that I read was that he only wanted to get a
New Driver for the Laser. That would have only cost
you a few dollars to get your payment from him but
you were too sure to win the Claim.

In hindsight that may have been less expensive for
you.

IMO... you were a bit too hard headed and inflexible
after the fact... probably by all the posts agreeing
with your stance.

I still can't see why he was awarded the "Not Received"
Claim when he obviously received the Laser by his own
admission in his messages to you.

I would continue to call and contact eBay/PayPal to insist
they read the E-Mails from the buyer admitting to have
received the Laser.

When dealing with new members that have not yet
established a reputation on the Forum...
Ya takes yer chances.

There are 2 members on this Forum that Extorted $$
from us with threats of eBay Negative Feedback if I
did not give them an Eligible LPF Members Discount
Refund even though they were not eligible as clearly
outlined in our LPF Sales Threads. We even offered
partial Refund but that was not good enough.
You know who you are.........

It was cheaper for us to get extorted than to have a
Negative Feedback showing in our eBay profile for a
year and possibly hindering our sales...
We now refuse to sell to anyone that tries to extort
from us and cancel the transaction.
I'd rather not make a sale than sell to slime...

I've since made it my job to warn anyone selling to these
Scammers on LPF by PM. They will also be awarded Neg
Reps right here soon so anyone else reading the Rep Page
comments will know who they are.

Jerry

Last edited:
Well, you guys aren't going to believe this $h!t!

Mattyd58 is threatening to sue me for damages and suffering because of "my associates on the forum" who ganged up on him and "caused him so much anxiety, he had to take off work and seek medical attention." All of which he wants me to pay for, plus his attorney's fees!!!

That's just ridiculous and frivolous. What's wrong with him...:thinking:
It's time to Post the entire E-Mail for all to see.

Jerry

Here you are....

1gzOb0O.png

By the way, I never spoke with him on the phone. As far as I know, he doesn't even know my phone number. The entire opening of the email is B.S. that he is attempting to use as an evidence trail...one of which does not exist.

I'm sure his attorney would easily find by going through my phone bill the Mattew and I never spoke on the phone.

tonyt

Tell him to get his lawyer to call you.. He "Obviously" has your phone number :)

Also, i would not be concerned. He is quite obviously lying about quite a few things(eg. his assistant lol).. Unless you get a call from cough "his lawyer" cough cough.. forget about him and don't loose any sleep.. By saying the things he has said he is trying to show you how important he is and how much "influence" he has.. Only unimportant and non influential people feel the need to do this.

Last edited:

Blord

Wow, this is bad situation. Things got escalated very quickly.
The PayPal and handheld lasers are not so good combination. If anything is happening PP is always favoring the person who bought the lasers.
Try to reason with him and put the case away. No use to do other things like visiting him at home.

That's paypal for you.. Always siding with the buyer.
DTR that isn't entirely true.. I have sold things for under $100 and still had the case go in the buyers favor. My paypal account is actually closed at the moment due to a $3700 item i sent to someone and they claim it never showed up! I did have tracking on it and they say it was delivered but the post man must have forgotten to get the signature or the buyer tricked him somehow into not getting it but that is the reason i lost. Even though i could provide tracking that said it had been delivered because he didn't sign for it paypal wouldn't listen. ALSO because it said it had been delivered Australia post refused to honor the insurance claim stating it had been delivered!!!.. Rock and a hard place....! Anyway, go around to his house.. And have a little chat :) That is what i am going to do soon.
that is so wrong on PayPal I was told if it shows delivered you there ok or is that just with ebay? Paypay got me on some drivers from China was told to send back registered mail and I would be ok, I did and he would not sign for them, so I am out $200 see video paypal I am out $200 sent back registered Mail - YouTube make a video put it on youtube and let people know . I told paypal I can not make some one in china sign for package

Wow, this is bad situation. Things got escalated very quickly.
The PayPal and handheld lasers are not so good combination. If anything is happening PP is always favoring the person who bought the lasers.
Try to reason with him and put the case away. No use to do other things like visiting him at home.

Oh, I have no intention, whatsoever, of doing anything like going to visit him, etc.

This is exactly why I will only be using PP gifts payments from here on out...When I am not using Google Wallet!

ped

Yup, pretty much what I said in the other thread.

For n00bs , ONLY accept gift payments, if they don't like that, tell them to shop elsewhere.

Everyone knows about PayPal & Lasers. Sorry to hear it SBA.

One more thing to deter me from ever selling online. I'll keep it to building for myself and good friends I can trust.

Sorry this happened to you man, that guys gonna get destroyed by karma for this. Hope your future endeavors work out better.

Using bitcoins for transactions with newbies would also be a good way to protect yourself from idiot scammers like this. Gift payments may not work either - they can claim their account was hacked and paypal will still reverse the charge. Buyer always seems to win with paypal.

Bitcoin transactions are not reversible.